Action Referral Occurrences 1 time..???

Why or where is the benefit of having a page dedicated to a merchant that only offers an action referral occurrences = 1 time?

I know some exemption apply, like web hosting, coffin's, loan's, lead's, etc, something that people buy only once or once in a while.

This is what I don't understand:

If I have repeat visitor and I have an merchant listed that sells apparel, but that merchant offers me [ Action Referral Period 120 day(s) Action Referral Occurrences 1 time(s) Commission 5.00% ], do that means that if my visitor buy a pair of socks today I get commission on that sale but, if he buy a shirt tomorrow and a suit next week, I will get pay no commission on those sales because he buys during 120 day's of the first purchase?. That's Bull S... to me.

Anyway, I just dropped about 50 merchants from my site today, not only for the referral occurrences but for the cheap commission's too.

But I will like to see some of ABW member's opinion on the referral occurrences = 1 time.

Sal.

ABW Ambassador
    "If I have repeat visitor"

If your site has repeat visitors, all they have to do is click the link again to reset the cookie. But you got it right. After their first purchase, if they go back to the merchant site to buy something, you won't get paid. Just got to get them to go back to your site first.

I work in lounge pants

Yeah, that's certainly not an Affiliate-friendly feature that CJ added. They claim that all the other networks work like that, but that hasn't been my experience.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

"Just got to get them to go back to your site first."

That is a good idea and I can have an incentive to make them click on my link again but that will be in mosts of the merchants a no, no and I will not risk it.

Sal.

ABW Ambassador
    "That is a good idea and I can have an incentive to make them click on my link again but that will be in mosts of the merchants a no, no and I will not risk it."

Don't know where you got that from, but it's not a no no.

I work in lounge pants

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MichaelColey:
    Yeah, that's certainly not an Affiliate-friendly feature that CJ added. They claim that all the other networks work like that, but that hasn't been my experience.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

One of the many reasons why I dropped all dealings with CJ.

BradleyB

"Don't stay in bed, unless you can make money in bed."
    - George Burns (1896-1996)

ABW Ambassador
    Well as far as CJ listing the Action Referral Occurrences, i think it actually is an affiliate friendly feature. Gives us something to look at in deciding if we want to work with the merchant. I was just checking LS merchants and i see cookie days but no mention of occurences unless i'm missing it.

I work in lounge pants

I agree with trust, when I see it I DROP them without a thought, unless it’s a feed merchant. Then I find another feed merchants and replace all the products then drop them.

SandraR

ABW Ambassador
    Agree with who? I don't drop merchants just because they have occurences set at one. I have the type of site that gets repeat visitors, so it's nothing i worry about.

I work in lounge pants

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TrustNo1®:
    "That is a good idea and I can have an incentive to make them click on my link again but that will be in mosts of the merchants a no, no and I will not risk it."

Don't know where you got that from, but it's not a no no.

I work in lounge pants <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think Mr. Sal meant that getting return visits with incentives are a no-no. That is (usually/sometimes/if you're not ebates) a no-no.

But you're right, it's not a no no to have a site people really want to come back to as long as its not "incentivized" traffic!

It's the most wonderful time of the year!~Old Christmas Song

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TrustNo1®:
    I have the type of site that gets repeat visitors, so it's nothing i worry about.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Occurances of ONE means 1 sale per customer. If the customer comes back, they already know about him so NO commission.

Makes sense if you are getting paid to provide leads but really sucks if you are selling goods.

Along these lines, you might want to read in the Performics agreement where they talk about already 'knowing' about a customer.

Web_Novice
    "Should I encounter a moment of clarity, I hope to have it recorded in these journals."

Other networks don't seem to work like that.

JP Sauve - jp@jaggedmind.com
    Jagged Mind Media Inc.
    We BUY and SELL coregs.
    http://www.JaggedMind.com

ABW Ambassador
    "Occurances of ONE means 1 sale per customer. If the customer comes back, they already know about him so NO commission."

web novice, nope. totally wrong. What i said above. One more time, if the customer comes back to my site and clicks a link again, another cookie is set. So i can work with merchants with occurances set at 1 but if my site gets repeat traffic i can keep feeding cookies.

[This message was edited by TrustNo1® on January 14, 2004 at 11:05 AM.]

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread