NetShops Doghouses
    make.pl runs with this error:
    *** FATAL ERROR ***
    Data > Short datafeed file: datafeed.txt: 0 lines
    This is a new install for this shop. I have netshops.com running fine on the same server.

Sarah checked it out on her end and said that all is good with the feed. She put a fresh one up and I tried a few hours prior to this post.

NetShops.com changed their datafeed format thus requiring a change to make.pl

Upgrade to DySE::NS v9.03.20.
    http://www.c3scripts.com/dyse-ns/release/

Replace your current make.pl then run make.pl.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano

NetShops.com changed their datafeed format thus requiring a change to make.pl
    So I guess I'll have to change wherever I have a netshops shop. I haven't noticed problems with the other shops, but maybe by now they are broken.

An existing shop made with DySE::NS make.pl v8.11.14 is fine as long as you don't run the old make.pl again. If you run the old make.pl on an existing shop, that shop will break since the current datafeed will not be recognized. So, before refreshing an existing shop, upgrade its make.pl first. For example, if you have a monthly cronjob that runs make.pl then be sure to update make.pl before the next run.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation

Thanks David. I wish that merchants would give a little advance notice when they change their feed formats. I'm not just talking about Cusimano related feeds here. I'll update them all tomorrow.

I found that I had to delete /data/ and it's contents to make it work for doghouses.

For netshops.com I checked ns-log.txt and while the cron ran 3/5/09 it hadn't grabbed the new feed. The same error as I posted in the first post, but my site looked fine showing the last good update. Check your ns-log.txt to be sure.

I had to also delete the old /data/ to make netshops.com work with the new make.pl.

Yes, you have to delete /data/ because make.pl will not redownload a fresh datafeed if the one on the hard drive is less than 7 days old (configuration variable data.stale = 7 by default).

And, before make.pl builds/replaces the database data.db file, it first checks to see if the datafeed is too short (less than 10 items). If so, make.pl stops with an error and leaves the current database as is. Since the datafeed and make.pl were incompatible, the datafeed appeared empty.

Thanks.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread