Linkshare how low can you go ?
    So, after being a member of linkshare for 5 years and making sales of 2,000,000 usd for their merchants, I was told that my username was not recognized.

When I asked for my user name to be sent to me I was told that my account was canceled. Simple as that !

I did not any complaints or anything, they just canceled my account.

Thanks a lot Linkshare ! No worries, more PPC money for CJ, Share a Sale and Link Connector !

Seems that this crisis also put a dent in your intellect level !

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    If you do 2MM in sales, don't you have an account rep at LS?
    Try calling the person.

Just trying to help. Email me is u want to reach out to some people at LS to have them call you.

it's the total sum over 5 years, and apparently you are very small potatoes for them.

I wrote this mainly as a warning for others, I am tired of dealing with them anyways.

When you do ppc and you get your december commisions in March, business is not good.

thanks a lot Eric for reaching out. I can't pm you cause I don't have enough posts.

Send me a message please if you have a contact. I dealt with a different guy everytime I called them.

Interesting to know that Linkshare treats tiny affiliates the same as bigger ones like you.
    In this economy you think they'd bend over backwards for an affiliate who's averaged $400,000 in sales per year.

The thread title is "Linkshare how low can you go?".

I doubt you will ever get a Linksteal Representative to come in here to answer that question. Therefore, I hereby take it upon myself to answer it for them.

QUESTION: Linkshare how low can you go?

ANSWER: Linkshare found the bottom of the bottomless pit.

thanks a lot guys...like I said, i did this as a warning for others.

I am done with this network, too much crap taken over the years

I'll tell you how low Linkshare can go. We still have not been paid for commissions earned in October 08! Calls go directly to voicemail without ever a call back and emails consist of long winded stalling tactics and canned responses regarding "let me speak to accounting".

No business in their right mind could get away with treating their customers and partners this way and stay in business.

crapola.........so it mean CJ is better?

Question
    Quote Originally Posted by jin
    crapola.........so it mean CJ is better?
    Please explain why we are wrong if we all have had bad expeirences with Linkshares uncustomer service?

Comparing one crapola customer service to another crapola customer service is no way to set yourself apart.

I guess you are saying that Linkshare watns to compete with CJ's crapola uncustomer service.

Affiliate Manager PingoPrepaidCallingCards's Avatar
    I'd like to be able to help. if you want to email me with your linkshare info i can pass it on to are account rep to try to get this fixed.
    Brian Hawkins AM @ [URL=http://www.pingo.com/affiliate.do]Pingo[/URL] Earn up to $35 CPA for a [URL=http://www.pingo.com/p/onedollar/onedollar.html]$1 trial offer[/URL]!
    [URL=http://www.twitter.com/TelecomAgents]@TelecomAgents[/URL] [URL=http://www.twitter.com/telephonecard]@TelephoneCard[/URL]

Unhappy
    For me, it's nothing in particular right now. It's just the way LS's customer services treats affiliates. Every time I send a question or a problem they respond with a condescending canned response.

As an example, I was having trouble with a merchant's easy link, causing my web page to take over 10 minutes to open. Then, no products would be displayed (except for a white box with a red x at the top left corner of the box).

In Linkshares response, they told me to choose a different creative or different merchant.

How is that a solution?

But as Jin asked "so it mean CJ is better?" No Jin, just as bad.

I really hope other affiliates don't conduct their business with the idea that if their customer service sucks that it be as bad as their competitor's sucky service.

If I was a merchant I would be concerned after reading posting after posting in the last year, explaining poor and derogatory Linkshare customer service.

While merchants do offer help, it should be Linkshare that steps up to the plate and engage their affiliates.

In many postings, affiliates beg for Linkshare to get problems resolved and offer a helping hand. To me it's not good enough that Linkshare wants to have the same poor service as CJ.

Maybe Linkshare merchants and employees should hop over to the Share A Sale forum and see how they deal with affiliate concerns. They are a model network who takes affiliate and merchant concerns seriously as well as adhering to best practices in affiliate marketing.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    There has to be more to this story. They don't just arbitrarily cancel an account that brings in 400K in sales each year. Were you PPC bidding on trade names? This could result in merchant complaints. Still, there should be some sort of warning or notification.

I am not a fan of LS, but we should have the all the facts here.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead
    There has to be more to this story. They don't just arbitrarily cancel an account that brings in 400K in sales each year. Were you PPC bidding on trade names? This could result in merchant complaints. Still, there should be some sort of warning or notification.

I am not a fan of LS, but we should have the all the facts here.

If you are not fan of LS

@ Bibby, if you are not of either CJ or LS

Then which affiliate is the best out here?

Any? if so, please advice.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    If you are not fan of LS

Shareasale.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

If you are not fan of LS

Shareasale!! Not only do they respond to affiliate concerns but they take affiliate marketing practices and merchant practices seriously and have created a network and marketing channel that the industry can trust.

I do use LS and CJ but their uncustomer service is annoying.

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread