Haha - just found out about this tonight and search brought up nothing about it on ABW.

It's too cool to keep to myself

Bored with bar charts? Goggle-eyed at graphs? P*d off with pie charts?

This is like the Sims meets Server Logs - real time, graphic representation of your site visitors as little people walking around your town (site) visiting houses (pages). They even arrive on buses in the livery of Google, MSN etc.

Cool features like - see what your visitor sees, live contact, replay with variable speed - and you get all the standard metrics and analytics in conventional reports, so you don't lose out on stats.

Pricing starts off low (<$10/month), monthly fee, no commitment, rises according to page views, but it seems you can either upgrade your plan or just monitor fewer pages. I just installed the lowest plan tonight - I don't think I could afford it on all my sites [and I have Urchin for the boring stuff), but it's just too funny to see a screenful of people moving around a site like this.

... and of course there's a 2-tier aff prog
    30% + 10% residual. This - http://www.visitorville.com - is the NON aff link , but if you use this - http://www.visitorville.com/?id=36 - and discount code CRAZY when you install ... you'll get 10% discount, and I get the commission

I have it running in a window while typing this - just realised that you can tell first time visitors and repeat visitors apart - and it looks like you can tag people who have done things like subscribed to a newsletter so they look different too. Have to find out more about that ...

This has made my day

--------------
    Are you Crazy?

Sounds like a blast! Im kinda scared to get it though. I can see myself not getting anything done cause I am too busy watching people. No no no.. don't go that way come over here!

ABW Ambassador
    Wow! That is totally cool! Thanks for sharing.

Pretty neat idea. My only concern is entering the pages I want to track. Do you have to manually enter each page into the system? What if I have thousands of pages? Anyway, good find.

If you can solve your problem, then what is the need of worrying?
    If you cannot solve it, then what is the use of worrying?

That is an impressive site....

SandraR

ABW Ambassador
    Cool site, but i think this is something that would end up costing me money.

Vistors per day/monthly charge
    3,000 $59.95
    5,000 $89.95
    10,000 $169.95

I can see myself watching this all day instead of working

I work in lounge pants

Nice. I signed up one of my smaller sites. There was no traffic there, so I moved it. My only gripe is that it is awfully SLOW. We'll see what it looks like tomorrow.

Chris

btw....I used your link.

----------------------------
    <FONT SIZE=1>ezDatafeed.com - Merchants - Give your affiliates your datafeed outside the networks, without cost to the affiliate. Check out ezDatafeed.com for more information.
    Scriptsforyoursite.com - Featuring datafeed import scripts for Backcountry Store, Coldwater Creek, Mondera.com and many more.....</font>

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    My only questions is what type of turd looking character does visitorville.com show for the HBO site lurkers? Real life assumes they're cockroaches.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TrustNo1®:
    Cool site, but i think this is something that would end up costing me money.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Usually the case for someone in-business. Spend money to make money as the old adage goes.

Allen

ABW Ambassador
    Allen, costing me money in the sense that i would probably watch this visitorville thing all day instead of working on my sites plus paying for something i get free (stats) with my hosting.

Shoot-- we may have some fancy backend stat software, but we're still tempted to buy it. This is positively awesome looking!

Bryan Simonson
    bryan@smoothcorp.com
    SmoothCorp Affiliates
    iFLOOR.com/3%/sale/avg.sale=$800
    RugArea.com/12-14%/avg.sale=$400
    CornerHardware.com/6%/avg.sale=$80

Just don't run it on anything with more than 15-20 pages. And make sure everything else is closed.

It is rather cool to watch people browse the site for the hours you were away or sleeping.

Chris

----------------------------
    <FONT SIZE=1>ezDatafeed.com - Merchants - Give your affiliates your datafeed outside the networks, without cost to the affiliate. Check out ezDatafeed.com for more information.
    Scriptsforyoursite.com - Featuring datafeed import scripts for Backcountry Store, Coldwater Creek, Mondera.com and many more.....</font>

ABW Ambassador
    It would be cool if somehow it could track any kind of parasitic behavior and you can watch a buzzard swoop down and grab people or grab people out of the taxi when they're going to a different page.

I work in lounge pants

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    I like the buzzard idea Trust!

Linda Buquet 714.754.1280 :: Catalyst eMarketing Promotion & PR (Partner Relations)
    <font color="#0000FF">5 Star Affiliate Programs</font> :: High Paying, Parasite-Free, Partner-Centered Merchants!

Thinking ....

Y'know that script that checks if visitors have certain parasitic apps installed? Wondering if you could use that to tag visitors ... or if they could put it in the s/w itself

They seem to have been pretty responsive to user input so far, maybe we should try them ...

--------------
    Are you Crazy?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    The only problem I could see, is that I didn't spot a way to see what keywords the people are using to reach the site.

It's the most wonderful time of the year!~Old Christmas Song

Leader, if they came from a search engine, it shows you the keyword.

Bryan Simonson
    bryan@smoothcorp.com
    SmoothCorp Affiliates
    iFLOOR.com/3%/sale/avg.sale=$800
    RugArea.com/12-14%/avg.sale=$400
    CornerHardware.com/6%/avg.sale=$80

Yep - I just watched someone get off the MSN bus, right clicked on them, and their "passport" has the search term in it.

There are also the more "conventional" tabulated reports for referrers, terms, time on site, browsers, screen resolution, etc, etc

... and I just found out you can set a watchdog to bark or follow them around if anyone from a specific domain arrives - but that's their native domain rather than referral domain.

--------------
    Are you Crazy?

I am looking all around the site to see if there is some way I can show my visitors my stats with this and let them watch the show.

I have a site I charge for listing on so it would be nice if customers can see how much traffic I have before they sign up. It would also be a great way to sell the visitorville service.

Why is there no live preview on the visitorville site? Im looking all around trying to find one and suddenly I get paranoid. Feel like I am being watched, kinda creepy. What if I get run down by the google bus? This is too kewl but they need some kind of preview even if it is just a recorded one. Is it there and I can't find it? All I see are screenshots.

Jane - this stuff works by you downloading client software. I guess that's really the clever part, turning server logs into something so visual - and also the main reason why you won't be able to let others see your stats in this way.

I'll suggest some kind of video preview to them as a pre-sales tool, but they do have a 30 day money-back guarantee so you can try it and see for yourself on your own site.

My guess is that seeing someone else's vid might not be too enthralling - the really kewl part is that it's your own site that is being portrayed. Seen objectively, you might say the graphics are relatively crude, the animations less than game-standard, but when they're your visitors arriving on the Google-bus and catching taxis around your site, it all becomes incredibly real

--------------
    Are you Crazy?

That really is cool. The pricing is pretty competitive when compared with WebTrendsLive, although I suspect that WebTrends has the edge on stats.

I see it's javascript embedded in the page. Nice and easy to do if you don't have hundreds of pages. It's got Live Help too.

________
    "All your commission are belong to us." - Slimeware Corporation

ABW Ambassador
    have joined up for my little site and used the affiliate link!!!

i will start advertising it myself, its fun!!

*** And people say I'm just a housewife!!! ha ha ***

I'll bet they will be very successful. Presenting technology like that is bound to be attrtactive to many - awesome idea!

Fred

Are you sure the nurses know you're using the computer?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Leader:
    The only problem I could see, is that I didn't spot a way to see what _keywords_ the people are using to reach the site.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It shows keywords and refferers Leader.
    I've been running it for the last couple of days. It's pretty cool.

Compare prices and features of over 100 different web hosting plans. http://www.IceIsHot.com

Well it is kewl but it is stressing out the dog. Everytime someone comes to the site and the doorbell rings she runs to the front door and barks. Doesn't understand why I won't get up and answer it.

26. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread