hotels by zip code or town?
    is there a hotel affiliate out there that makes it to create affiliate links for a particular zip code or town?

ABW Ambassador
    ian.com which is the affiliate channel for hotels.com provides an extensive datafeed that includes towns and zip codes

Quote Originally Posted by zeek
    is there a hotel affiliate out there that makes it to create affiliate links for a particular zip code or town?
    Most of them will allow you to create a link to display all of the hotels in a particular town/city. (At least the three that I use have this feature.)

Here is a sample: http://www.albanynewyork.net/
    Note: this is not an affiliate link - but there are affiliate links on that page, so please do not click.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

hi Bill,

I am thinking about trying my luck in the travel industry. I have few geo domains which I used to park but one of my friends suggested to checkout travel affiliate websites and I remembered that long time back I had opened ian.com account and to my surprize it is still active.

I checked your website about albany, NY and it seems that it is straight forward feeds from ian.com

I was wondering how do you get traffic for this one. Do you do lots of ppc ?

I would greatly appreciate your input.
    I would have pm'ed you but I am not allowed yet.

thanks in advance...

I don't do any PPC. That particular domain was used as a sample - it produces very few reservations. I keep it because it does a couple per month and that more than pays me to keep it. I believe it gets a bit of traffic because of the key words and some folks find it by type-in - likely because the dot-com and dot-org are "parked" domains.

Actually I have quite a few domains like that one. Individually there is not much "real" value to any of them, but collectively they produce some nice "extra" income. I actually have a few "small town" dot-com geo domains that get a good bit of type-in traffic.

However, if you want to do a good job that can generate many bookings you really need to develop those domains. Build a real site and focus on a few local hotels and the top three or four "things to do/places to see" in the area. Be creative and be original - and if you build it right you can begin seeing some search engine results based on the geo domain and "matching" content. Good luck.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread