Something in the air :)
    Today I received 2 emails from different merchants Acronis and 4checks saying they were having issues with tracking and probably which would explain sales drops, i dont mind a day or 2, heck problems happen

but

1 of them Acronis said they wouldnt be able to fix it for 2 weeks but could we still keep promoting them lol.. Yeah right... no!!

Anyone run into this

Talking
    LOL

I got the same emails.

I can't believe you don't want to promote merchant sites that you won't receive any commission on.

I bet you don't promote sites that have changed their commission to 0%, and hope we don't notice, either do you?

Affiliate Manager
    Please see post on the thread "Slow month so far?" To reiterate the information:

I wanted to let you know that there were issues with our server over the weekend where customers were not able to place orders on our site. Know that these issues have been resolved.

Also please note that these were not tracking issues. All affiliate orders that did go though were correctly tracked so that affiliates were credited for any sales through their site.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by easylife
    1 of them Acronis said they wouldnt be able to fix it for 2 weeks but could we still keep promoting them lol.. Yeah right... no!!
    Ya know, I am sooo sick of the greed that's been rampant in this industry for so long. Affiliate marketing isn't about making money. It's all about being a good citizen, helping your fellow man, earning merit badges and selling cookies....wait a minute that's the Girl Scouts.

Hell no I wouldn't (knowingly) promote a merchant for free. They obvious have you confused with the aforementioned Girl Scouts. I will say one thing for them though; I'm sure that there are many merchants that have periodic tracking issues that we never hear about. At least this merchant was honest enough to inform their affiliates that there was an issue.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Quote Originally Posted by rematt
    Ya know, I am sooo sick of the greed that's been rampant in this industry for so long. Affiliate marketing isn't about making money. It's all about being a good citizen, helping your fellow man, earning merit badges and selling cookies....wait a minute that's the Girl Scouts.

Hell no I wouldn't (knowingly) promote a merchant for free. They obvious have you confused with the aforementioned Girl Scouts. I will say one thing for them though; I am sure that there are many merchants that have periodic tracking issues that we never hear about. At least this merchant was honest enough to inform their affiliates that there was an issue.

-rematt
    LOL - I liked your post.

Yeah you really have to watch merchants now days

Again issues happen, in 4checks case i can let that slide as overall they have been a bloody good program to promote, though it would have been nice to get a email to all affiliates saying, we had tracking issues.

But that other one i mentioned, yep.. im done with them, 2 weeks, give me a break

I watch my commissions like a hawk, i watch for patterns. I do this as its my livelyhood and cant afford to mess about

ive worked with a lot of honest merchants and I have also worked with a lot of dishonest ones. I will bend over backwards to promote the merchants who are honest as you are helping them, they are helping you its a win win situation but any that try to play the game of.. switching off their tracking, only paying out a portion of the commissions you earn. I have no mercy or time for those. After years of doing this, they are easy to spot too

NCSREPORTING was one of them.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread