Videos on the landing page
    I want to set up a new program

I am very curious about videos on the landing pages.
    Do they improve conversions?
    Has anyone tested similar landing pages with and without videos?
    Any examples of a good landing page with Video on it?

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    If the video clearly demonstrates that the beneficial features of the product that is fairly complex in nature, I would think it would help. I will check out videos in such cases. If the product is simple and the video does not help show features, I don't think it would help and could hurt if it affects page load speed.

The sure fire way to find out is to run ads with and without video for a week or so to see how conversions of that specific product are affected.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

I'd suggest not to autoplay anything and always show a clear method of stopping / turning off or muting. Also, don't put the vid on everypage - one site I go to has this auto play vid (ad) on every search result page ... it drives me wild!!!!

Videos do aid in conversions, but there is a real fine line between PITA and Sales tool, so make sure to heed cheeseheads sage advise as well - test, tweak test, add value!
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

thanks
    Thank you!
    does anyone have any examples?

Affiliate Manager FriendlyPlanetTravel's Avatar
    example http://www.myalli.com/

Actually studies show that autoplay videos convert more - even though I personally agree with Haiko that they are annoying (to me)

great link
    That is an awesome link. Very well put together video. Hopefully we are up to the challenge and can make a killer page like that.

Annoying, but at the end of the day it is about conversions and it is a landing page so we should do our best to make a sale.

You mentioned studies show that autoplay works better. Where can I find such studies.

http and a telephoto
    If I land on a site that autoplays video, I *immediately* leave. And so do most people I know. And it scares even more people. I don't care if there *is* a "study" that says they convert better, it's my guess that that study "bent" the results to whatever they wanted it to show.

Autoplay video and/or music on a website sends more people away than what it keeps and converts.

No studies, I actually watch how people surf and this is what they do.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

The subject was spoken about at the Internet Retailer's Web 2.0 conference. Extensive testings were done by numerous "biggies" showing that auto play converts higher. I guess that's why Alli (no small time site) does it.
    I however agree with Loxly I find it intrusive. Especially if I was at work surfing the net and all of a sudden a site started speaking. That's all I would need for the boss to over hear.

Our new site redesign will NOT have voice autoplay.

AutoPlay
    I thought the way Alli did it was classy. I see those guys are paying CPM on Valueclick. I bet they are converting very well. Is there affiliate manager a member here?

Quote Originally Posted by hotstocked
    I thought the way Alli did it was classy. I see those guys are paying CPM on Valueclick. I bet they are converting very well. Is there affiliate manager a member here?
    Alli is marketed by GlaxoSmithKline a BigPharma company, I doubt they do affiliate marketing or direct to consumer sales. They sell B2B. So if you want to affiliate market Alli, probably have to sign-up with a company that buys the product from GlaxoSmithKline then sells retail, like RiteAid drug stores.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread