Affiliate Manager
    Pay Per Blog Post
    I had a friend as me about pay per blog post networks and, if they should use one, which one. I've never actually used any of these services. So, I was wondering if anyone has used them, do they work, and which ones should they use.

Affiliate Manager
    Apparently my internal spell check doesn't work. I meant "ask" of course

LOL I have never heard of such a thing Why would I not know of such a network? Is the pay per blog like a clickbank product? Where you would get paid for selling a ebook that you featured on your blog? As far as a payperblog would not that be a ppb network and if you google ppb with "ppb" wait isn't pay per blog like hiring a free lancer, ok now i am heavily confused HELP

Pay Per Post blogging is like buying backlinks. You do the Google Math.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    Snappy, they were very popular a year or so ago... and then everyone got dropped by google and they became less attractive.

jcswee01, you may want to tell your "friend" to avoid them.

Affiliate Manager
    That's good to know about google

I have a couple of blogs on which I used to do Pay Per Post blogs. In fact, that brought in the majority of my online revenue for about 3 months in 2007.

Then Google slapped all the PR out of those blogs, and I immediately got less Pay Per Post assignments. I'm no longer doing that.

I know you asked for information related to buying links via PPP, but I thought I'd give you some perspective from the person doing the blogging.
    Generate more fake news.

Outsourced Program Manager TrishaLyn's Avatar
    I agree, in general it's baaaad Google juju to do pay per post blogs. However I haven't heard of anyone having problems with Social Spark as long as your entire blog isn't populated JUST by paid posts. One every once in awhile may be fine.

I think there is truth and rumor in the above statements. If I have a beauty blog that has a PR3 and good juice and I have a group of people with health and beauty products that I mention with a follow tribute (in-line text) then that looks about as organic as can be. Now if you advertise that you are doing this for PR and have a price list of $15 per hard link then you could be turned in for selling links.
    :kiss:

Quote Originally Posted by 2sillycows
    I think there is truth and rumor in the above statements. If I have a beauty blog that has a PR3 and good juice and I have a group of people with health and beauty products that I mention with a follow tribute (in-line text) then that looks about as organic as can be. Now if you advertise that you are doing this for PR and have a price list of $15 per hard link then you could be turned in for selling links.
    Right.

And whether you do PayPerPost or Social Spark (Social Spark is the parent company and newer incarnation of PayPerPost), you are required to include code and/or badges in most posts which identify the blog to Google and anyone looking that you are selling links. At that point, if someone takes a notion to do so, your blog's PR will be shot down.

As I mentioned above, I have two blogs that happened to. Both those blogs are still going, with literally hundreds of relevant, non paid posts. They are rich in keywords, they have current comments from readers, the whole nine yards.

They are still zero PR in Google -- and they were smacked about two years ago.
    Generate more fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by writerguy
    Right.

And whether you do PayPerPost or Social Spark (Social Spark is the parent company and newer incarnation of PayPerPost), you are required to include code and/or badges in most posts which identify the blog to Google and anyone looking that you are selling links. At that point, if someone takes a notion to do so, your blog's PR will be shot down.

They are still zero PR in Google -- and they were smacked about two years ago.
    Oh, I would never use a service like that. Also, your penalty should have lifted by now. Remove that old code, then e-mail google and tell them you are no longer doing this and they will remove the ban.
    :kiss:

Pay per blog post is advertising networks like smorty and blogsvertise.. This are the easy way to earn money for your blogs.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread