Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    Talking Going Green - Need Some Affiliate Input
    Hi All,

Been over a year since I've been around and forgot how informative the site was.

Pneumonia tried to kill me, but the good lord wasn't done w/ me yet.

I am going to take my site in a new direction over this summer.

Going to jump on the GREEN band wagon.

I have found a few affiliate programs that I am looking into, but want someone that has a variety of products, large and small that I can promote.

Writing content has been a bear too, as I have never been much of a Green remodeler. I have about 30 articles ready that I think will make a decent section.

Anyone have any luck w/ green related products?

Solar. Roofing. Kitchen. Bath. Home Improvement. Remodeling etc.?

I am hoping that the vast experience in here can send me in different and money making directions.

Glad to be back.

Jimmy

green remodeling sites
    Jimmy,

i noticed your post about going green on your site...i've had a decent amount of success with this and i'm putting energy into developing some more content. Feel free to reach out to me if you have any specific questions...

quick tip: two products seem to be doing well, solar and window replacement (considering the tax incentives for energy efficiency).

Sfnative

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    I think if you are looking into remodelling or home improvements, you should try companies like HomeDepot or Lowes and if they have a datafeed with a column check for GREEN, that would make your life easier.

SAS does have a green category http://www.shareasale.com/a-searchpr...category=green

Lostgolfballs.com is also a company selling green products.

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sfnative
    Jimmy,

i noticed your post about going green on your site...i've had a decent amount of success with this and i'm putting energy into developing some more content. Feel free to reach out to me if you have any specific questions...

quick tip: two products seem to be doing well, solar and window replacement (considering the tax incentives for energy efficiency).

Sfnative
    Would like to hear more about that.

reMatt said you were interested in talking.

email me at jimmy at StartRemodeling.com

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

Solar affiliate market
    I was reading this post and just noticed the date on it! If anyone is still viewing this, I too am looking at getting into marketing solar. I have been creating a website and generating content, but I get a woozy feeling from time to time, because I am second guessing the motivation of buyers to purchase this type of product online (at least at this point in time).

Anyone have any advice in getting in the solar arena?

thanks,
    Andrew

Going Green
    ShareaSale has a merchant called green batteries.com, but batteries are pretty much all they sell.. I've been an affiliate for a solar site for a couple of months. I haven't quite learned the best way to drive traffic to the site. SDG&E just passed a law that if use less energy than you generate with solar electricity, they'll send you a portion of the money back once a year. I personally put solar on my house but the switch got flipped right around the time that the clocks went back. According to SDG&E, I really won't see the benefit until daylight savings time is over. The California State incentives are going down slowly. The Federal rebate is 30 percent of the cost of the system. However, if your tax liability isn't that high, you can roll it over 1 year, and after that your pretty much SOL. There's a lot of competition out there for solar products and installation. I've even seen information that tells you how to build your own solar panels for cheap. I'm not sure if this helps you, but I had to be careful not to put any names out there because I'm definately not here for free advertising.

Thanks for the response to this and sorry it took me so long to get back to you...

I am affiliated with a few companies through share a sale and was wondering other experience in marketing "green" products, such as solar, lighting, materials (flooring) etc.... I would think you should have a very targeted campaign, such as a website specifically devoted to solar for pools for example.

My general question is everyones thoughts on marketing solar online and not being an installer. I am working on this now and am trying to get a handle on the best approach.

I have a masters in architecture and am passionate about sustainable design, therefor and trying to implement this into my internet marketing.

Any suggestions, thoughts or ideas are welcome!

Thanks,
    Andrew

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread