Unhappy Linkshare Direct Deposit Payment Nightmare
    I'm posting this recent experience with Linkshare's payment system for three reasons. One, to vent. Two, to perhaps prevent other affiliates from going through the same thing. Three, in the very slim chance that there is someone at Linkshare who will read this, care enough to take action, and actually have the ability to fix the problem (or bring it to the attention of someone who can).

Over a month ago, I moved to a new location, and I changed my address in my Linkshare account. I was not aware that this change would cancel my direct deposits. I was told that once I deposited a check, and it cleared, then I could once again start the direct deposits. The first check arrived 9 days after it was issued (why does it take that long to receive a check in the mail?). A week later, it cleared. At that point, I saw that the option to set up direct deposit once again appeared in the Linkshare dashboard. When I clicked on it, my routing/account numbers were still there, since I had it set up previously. It said I would receive two small random deposit amounts that I had to enter into the dashboard to confirm the bank account information is correct, just like it did when I set up direct deposit the first time. Problem is, the random deposits were never put into my account, and the two boxes to enter them in did not show up (I checked both the new and the traditional dashboard). No problem, I thought, because the dashboard was telling me that direct depost was properly set up and I would be receiving my payments that way. I figured, since it saved my account/routing numbers, it must have also saved the fact that the bank account was already previously verified. BZZZZT... Wrong! When the first direct deposit went through, it just disappeared! It SAID that it went into my account by direct deposit, but it did not. Now, for some reason, there does not seem to be anyone at Linkshare who understands what the problem is. After explaining the situation in detail to Linkshare Support for the third time, all they can tell me is:

"I am showing that the payment was sent through Direct Deposit. Please be informed that I have escalated your request to accounting. Once we have confirmed that it has not been cashed, this will be reissued and consolidated with your next batch of payments."

Clearly they're glossing over my email and not understanding the situation. How does one "cash" a direct deposit? Why would I want them to reissue it if it's just going to disappear again because direct deposit is not set up properly? What kind of a stupid system is this?

I've already had numerous "incident numbers", been told that the issue is going to be forwarded to "level 2" customer support (never contacted me), been told they're checking with accounting, etc...

I've been a high-volume affiliate for many years, and I get the discouraging feeling that they really could care less about whether I continue as an affiliate. I wonder if the merchants for whom I've generated $millions in sale would feel the same way. There is a rather large amount of money floating around in space somewhere, and it's supposed to be in my checking account. All I want is for someone at Linkshare to figure out why the direct deposits are not going into my account, then fix it and reissue the payments. That's all. Is it too much to ask that I receive the commission I've earned? What would you do?

That's a scary story. I hope Linkshare gets it straightened out soon.
    Clearly they're glossing over my email and not understanding the situation
    You asked what would you do - I would probably try to get someone in accounting on the phone and see if you can get more details on the direct deposit transaction and in the process hope they'll figure out how to fix it.

Lots of luck! For the past three years my Linkshare account says that I receive direct deposit but I receive regular checks like clockwork. I've tried to set up direct deposit but the system won't let me because it says that I'm already receiving direct deposit. I've tried removing the information that is there and recreating the DD info, nope that won't work either. I've had numerous discussions with support who insist that I'm wrong and that I must be receiving my payments via direct deposit because their system says I am. Forget the fact that I've faxed them copies of checks and copies of my my bank statement. They insist that I am wrong and that there is nothing to correct. If their system says it, it must be so.

So good luck at getting this corrected. You may want to just do what I did, learn to accept that there are people in this world that are really too dumb to be alive, but yet they live and start making regular trips to the bank.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Quote Originally Posted by rematt
    For the past three years my Linkshare account says that I receive direct deposit but I receive regular checks like clockwork.
    So then, are you saying that you can't see the check number after the payment is issued, because it says it's a direct deposit and not a check? This is actually good news for me, because it means there may be checks in the mail on their way to me. I didn't think that was possible, since the system said the payment went by direct deposit, and didn't show a check number. If I get checks, at least I know my money isn't going into space. I know what's goign to happen now... Accounting is going to confirm that the payments were not "cashed" and the rep who is "helping" me with this situation is going to stop payment on them. They will then be reissued, but of course will come by check again. I'll fire off an email to try and stop that scenario from happening.

If there are more of us out there who are receiving checks when the system is reporting direct deposits, then we should get together as a group, and find someone within Linkshare who can fix the problem. Power in numbers.

Anyone else having this problem?

I would call the bank first. See if the bank can explain to you what the company did and if anything is found on the bank's side you can report to them. I know what I would do... I would start pulling their ads and replacing them with another affiliate program. I have blogs and directories. I keep widgets of 4-5 different affiliate programs available for back-up.
    NEVER give them the power to put your business or income on hold. By relying on one company for your income you have put yourself in a bad position.

Another thing... all my income from being an affiliate goes to my corporate address that is a mail room in Texas. I have moved my personal address 4 times to 3 different states but my business address NEVER changes. That would be a nightmare!
    :kiss:

Quote Originally Posted by Shiftlock
    there may be checks in the mail on their way to me.
    Oh that's bad. You are not even sure if you have checks floating around? I would definitely get a permanent business address at a mail room so this doesn't happen again.

So then, are you saying that you can't see the check number after the payment is issued, because it says it's a direct deposit and not a check?
    Correct. No check numbers. I hope you have better luck than I did. After a couple of months I just gave up. It wasn't worth the small amount of sanity that I have left.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Quote Originally Posted by 2sillycows
    Oh that's bad. You are not even sure if you have checks floating around? I would definitely get a permanent business address at a mail room so this doesn't happen again.
    How could I possibly be sure if there are checks in the mail if Linkshare sent them to me and reported them as direct deposits?

My bank has no record of a deposit of the reported amounts on or around the dates Linkshare is claiming they were sent.

I do not depend on Linkshare for all of my business income, I also work with Commission Junction and Performics (or whatever they're called now... Doubleclick Performics Connect Commerce Google Affiliate Network <grin>).

How could I possibly be sure if there are checks in the mail if Linkshare sent them to me and reported them as direct deposits?

My bank has no record of a deposit of the reported amounts on or around the dates Linkshare is claiming they were sent.
    Yeah, I read that after... That doesn't sound like a very professional organization.

ABW Ambassador
    I am seriously questioning the viability of Linkshare as a going concern. Just like three weeks ago, Synergy Analytics shows a payment was issued to me on 3/20. I have direct deposit. Just today, the old regular Linkshare interface is now showing a payment was issued on 3/18. Today is 3/24 and I still haven't received the payment. Direct deposit to a U.S. bank takes 24 hours. Linkshare is saying they are issuing payments when they are not. Linkshare customer service is totally useless, as evidenced above and in my previous posts.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    I'm in the same boat as Rematt - my account says I'm getting DD, but I never have and am still getting checks. I never got the two test deposits (though all of the bank account info in my LS account is correct), and after numerous attempts at getting someone to understand my situation, I also gave up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    Linkshare customer service is totally useless,...
    Exactly.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Update - Today I got a deposit into my account that Linkshare said was made on 3/20. I still have a lost payment, but at least I know they have the ability to put money into my account. I never did get the random deposits. I have no idea why it took 5 days to get the money into my account. Direct deposits used to go though the same day they were issued. Snowman, maybe yours will go through today or tomorrow as well...

Ugh... At least I know that future payments will be by direct deposit (I think).

My wife also has a LinkShare account, and she had a similar problem, except she switched bank accounts along with changing her address. She entered the information for her new account, but LinkShare sent the two small random deposits to her OLD account, which is now closed. Back to checks for her... Crazy!

ABW Ambassador
    Yes, I did get mine this morning. It didn't take 5 days. Linkshare doesn't send the direct deposit on the date they say they do. I can assure you that. Such lax oversight is the primary reason I question the viability of Linkshare as a going concern. Serious businesses don't operate in the way the posts here illustrate. It's really sad that they have dropped to this level. They pretty much can't do anything right anymore.

If they feel otherwise, we need to hear from the top of the company with specific examples of how he is addressing each and every concern posted (not just the payment issues but EVERYTHING). We're not a bunch of doofusses. We aren't making this up.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread