Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Anyone pay a $25 join fee to be an affiliate?
    Welcome to the ****** ******* Affiliate Program! Please use the above box to pay your Affiliate Join fee. Once your fee is received, your account will be activated within 24 business hours (excluding weekends and holidays).
    I purchased a few items over Christmas from this place and really like their organic lavender. I signed up to be an affiliate and after I went through all the adding my company.... I get an e-mail telling me that once I pay the $25 join fee via paypal they will send me a custom URL.

Does this sound right? Anyone else ever have to pay to play before?
    Note: it is a 30% commission so it does catch my eye but 30% doesn't mean anything if it's an in-house program that is skimming.

I did a search for them here but found nothing.
    :kiss:

Guh. No way.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin
    Guh. No way.
    LOL, yeah, that was my first thought... I'm still sitting here waiting for the punch line because it doesn't seem very funny.

Never pay to join a program.
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

Quote Originally Posted by mellie
    Never pay to join a program.
    I thought that too. So I sent them an e-mail and told them if I was going to pay to be in the program then I want rights to their link on my more profitable site which is an adult site.

Affiliate Manager FriendlyPlanetTravel's Avatar
    I've heard of before - but wouldn't recommend at all unless it was a VERY special brand/product line and the merchant had impeccable credentials.
    I would pay $25 gladly to be an exclusive Rolex affiliate.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Don't pay to join an affiliate program or to work from home!

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Typical MLM mentality. RUN screaming with your hands in the air!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

ABW Ambassador
    The better programs cost $100

<~~~~RUNS

LOL, yeah, I'm going to pass on that... That's too bad. I really wanted that organic Lavender products banner on my beauty blog. I'm having a hard time finding organic/ natural/ oils/ bath/ type products.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    How about Just Natural Skincare? They are on SAS.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sillycows
    LOL, yeah, I'm going to pass on that... That's too bad. I really wanted that organic Lavender products banner on my beauty blog. I'm having a hard time finding organic/ natural/ oils/ bath/ type products.
    2sillycows,

Welcome to ABW .... you can check out one of our premier merchants that does very well in your niche ...

MarioBadescu.com - he's is also #16 on the SAS Top 100 PowerRank list. You can join the program here.

Check them out and let me know if you need anything, we are here to help you.

Thanks,
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Yeap, agree with the others. Think there's a UK network where ya have to give em $5 to join (think it's more a security thing so they don't get bad guys in ) and they give it back to ya once ya join. Never heard of any others makin ya pay tho.

Am in both Andy's and Jack's programs. Don't recall specifically at moment if lavender is in Mario Badescu's products. (probably are tho cos it's a pretty common ingredient I think in beauty products)

Just recently placed links for Just Natural Skincare as Cheesehead suggested tho and know they do contain lavender. Jack's got a forum here, too if ya wanna read more bout that program before joining.

Just Natural Skincare thread in Jack's forum.

Welcome, too and good luck

Outsourced Program Manager
    Cheesehead, PM me your email address for a $25 thank you from me. Purplebear, You get one too, and I already know your email.

2sillycows - if you do decide to join JustNaturalSkinCare.com, PM me and I will send you $25 as well.

And to make up for someone giving affiliate marketing a bad name by asking you for $25 AFTER you did all that work, I'll send you an additional $25 for joining another one of mine. Parasites and people who do stuff like that (charging you after the fact) bug me.
    Jack Kotowski Certified Affiliate Manager OPM/Agency - program details: ABestWeb Forum of JackMarketing
    Managing affiliate programs since 1997 | Google Profile - JackMarketing
    Built Zappos.com to #1!! JackMarketing on Twitter and other social media networks Inquiries: www.JackMarketing.com

2SillyCows, You should also join Andy's, IMHO. Any program Andy runs will be very good.
    Jack Kotowski Certified Affiliate Manager OPM/Agency - program details: ABestWeb Forum of JackMarketing
    Managing affiliate programs since 1997 | Google Profile - JackMarketing
    Built Zappos.com to #1!! JackMarketing on Twitter and other social media networks Inquiries: www.JackMarketing.com

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Rodriguez
    2sillycows,

Welcome to ABW .... you can check out one of our premier merchants that does very well in your niche ...

MarioBadescu.com - he's is also #16 on the SAS Top 100 PowerRank list. You can join the program here.

Check them out and let me know if you need anything, we are here to help you.

Thanks,
    Oh, it's a Martha must have... I like

OK, now I got curious and just checked out your program.

Will have to take a closer look soon but like what I see Jack.

2sillycows - If it's who I think it is, then it's a direct sales company, hence the fee. I'm seeing more and more of them that are calling their programs Affiliate programs instead of representative programs, or offering an affiliate program for a smaller start up fee than a representative.

Jack - I will definitely be looking into your program too!

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Have you tried drugstore (dot) com?

Not sure if they have a clean or well managed program but I see them everywhere.

If I Had It Still Wouldn't
    there are to many people making money from free affiliate programs for some one to be trying to get you to pay to join one huh affiliates are entreprenuers not idiots.We think out side the box and don't live under rocks

I purchased a few items over Christmas from this place and really like their organic lavender. I signed up to be an affiliate and after I went through all the adding my company.... I get an e-mail telling me that once I pay the $25 join fee via paypal they will send me a custom URL.

Does this sound right? Anyone else ever have to pay to play before?
    Note: it is a 30% commission so it does catch my eye but 30% doesn't mean anything if it's an in-house program that is skimming.

I did a search for them here but found nothing.
    Not on your life.. thats a total scam

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    I say they should pay us!

w/ that idea.

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Ewe
    Have you tried drugstore (dot) com?

Not sure if they have a clean or well managed program but I see them everywhere.
    Yep, all the "big" (para)sites have them: Ebates, Upromise, FatWallet, OneCause... With Drugstore.com the chance of earning all your commissions is small.

Take a close look at Andy's and Jack's programs - good merchants and parasite free.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Well, I would join and pay, but it would depend on who the merchant was and what the restrictions were ... $25 is borderline too much. ...

But $5 would be fine. Keeps out the riff-raff, broke dick dogs who mostly do jack and waste your time. In the old days, when Haiko was a pup, we tried the FREE route and then went to charge a fee to become a re-seller (offline stuff before invention of net).

The FREE guys never did much of anything ... and cost us to mail them the kits and ads and such. We tried $19 ... some success. But when we charged $29 ... almost all the guys who paid did some sales.

There is NO flat law that works for everyone ... you have to test it first to see if it pays or not.

All i can say don't pay for that little cozy money it's a cheap service

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast