Paused - Merchant ????
    I've never seen this before. I've seen "TERM - Merchant" which obviously means that the program has been terminated. But, "Paused - Merchant"?

What does this mean? The BYOL that I have created for the merchant still work. So my traffic is being sent to them. What does the "Paused" mean? Does it mean if I make a sale I won't get paid? If I have to pull all the links down does it mean that in a few days that the "Paused" will go away and I will have to put all the links back?

Somebody please explain this to me.

ABW Ambassador
    They must have borrowed it from AdWord, like you can pause a campaign.

Of course, now that I've posted this, I received an email that was sent less than an hour ago:

The Home Decor Products programs have been paused until further notice. Please immediately remove all links from your site that are tied to any of the Home Decor Products sites, which include:

The Christmas Catalog
    KnobsAndThings.com
    HomeClick.com
    AbsoluteHome.com
    Barbecues.com
    Chefs Corner

Thank you,
    Home Decor Products Affiliate Management Team
    This is infuriating. I'd like to know how long this is going to last because if I go in and remove the hundreds of individual links I've created, only to have to add them back in a week ... I am not going to be a very happy camper.

15 years and counting
    Thanks for the head ups. Bad timing for me. I spent my day adding content for some of these merchants and the links were still active. (I can't find the links anymore)
    And like usual, the emails from Google Affiliate Network were in my SPAM folder. I can declare them as non spam, the next ones will be back at the same place.
    Damned idiots...

Google Affiliate Network Rep Google Affiliate Network Moderator's Avatar
    Hello,

This set of Home Decor advertiser sites has been paused due to financial issues. We are waiting for more information and will communicate as it becomes available. In the meantime, we paused the sites meaning they are no longer active programs and you should no longer promote them. We just learned this information today and communicated it immediately. Starting tomorrow, their links will direct to a link inactive page.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Jamie

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    These programs were very poorly run while at CJ - there are numerous threads from two, three years ago or longer about leaks, big display ads offering better prices if customers call to order (no phone tracking), links not working, absolutely no response ever from attempts to contact their affiliate managers, etc. etc., and I decided not to join their GAN programs when they moved. This was inevitable, and I would wager they will not be back.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

yeap, was gonna say same that AffiliateHound said. Not absolutely positive but think Hechingers (online... pretty sure b&m stores went outa business quite a while back ) was also part of their group of sites and think I heard somethin that Hechingers online had also filed for bankrupcy or was bein stopped or somethin.

Definitely wouldn't suggest to either of ya or anybody else to remove their links cos am sure the minute I did they'd come back. lol but agree with AffiliateHound in thinking there are problems with them.

I don't know if this has any relevance to this thread at all, but when I click on the first site listed on google for 'home decor products' , I get

Bad Request (Invalid Hostname)

Google Affiliate Network Rep Google Affiliate Network Moderator's Avatar
    Yes. That goes to their parent company home site, which is now unavailable.

Wow! They've taken down their websites. Direct link (not even using GAN link but does the same thing) ...

Homeclick.com is temporarily closed, although we anticipate the website will reopen in the coming weeks. Please check back for updates.

All orders that have not been fulfilled have been canceled and refunded. If you have any questions, please email ...
    The same message comes up for all of their sites.

I've been pulling links all day. It is less painful than I thought it would be. Fortunately, in most cases I link to more than one merchant, so deleting the links hasn't left my pages with no sources for product. (Mark Twain was right, "Put all your eggs in one basket, and watch that basket!")

And I was worried if I pulled the links, I'd get an email saying that I could be them back up. I think I'll wait and see if I ever get paid for my January, February and March transactions before even thinking about adding them back. If they even come back at all.

This gets stranger and stranger. Now the sites are back up with this message:

The site is currently available for browsing ONLY. No orders can be placed at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience. Customers with open orders, please click here.
    If you add something to the cart, you are redirected to the previous note about the site being "temporarily closed."

I don't think I've ever seen anything like this happen before. I guess they don't want to lose all their traffic and placement in the search engines while they try to figure out how to reopen their business.

I've only been able to find one article about what is going on:

“Their board voted last night to file for Chapter 7 and liquidate immediately,” says an online retailer who has received a copy of a letter Home Décor sent to vendors and suppliers.

(snip)

One reason Home Décor shut its doors was because of excessive inventory costs, says the recipient of Home Decor`s letter. “Inventory was listed as the defining reason for their demise,” the source says. “Looks like they wanted to switch back to their roots of drop shipping but it was far too late.”

Home Décor, which is headquartered in Edison, NJ, was founded in 2000. The company posted 2007 web sales of $83.8 million in 2007.

Home Décor Products ceases operations

Well darn, guess their products get deleted from my sites
    Kind of a bummer to see they are deactivated in my Google Affiliate account...

And I now will have to delete their products from my site...oh well, they never seemed to sell very well anyway!

DeeDee

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    The company is now history.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

thanks for the news

history is there are stores closed and new stores open

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread