HELP! ERROR with WP affiliate store plug-in
    I installed the plugin from http://www.popshops.com/faq/wordpress on my BusinessCardHolderStore.com site and there are visible warnings - AND I see no way to de-activate the plugin, since it doesn't show up in my list of plug-ins within the WP Admin section.

Help, please! Either to get it working or uninstall it.

Diana

That is strange, it does show under my list of plugins labeled as "Popshops.com version 0.5".

It may also be the other plugins that you are using that are making it cause an error. What plugins are you using?

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    You could always delete the plugin via FTP. If you are getting warnings that it can't connect to the popshops server... yes those are really annoying.

You could turn off error display in your php.ini file but then you won't see errors when coding either.

Akismet, Google XMP Sitemaps, and Platinum SEO Pack are all activated. I logged out & logged back again, still doesn't show up in the plug-ins.

Guess I could deactivate the other plug-ins one by one and see if that fixes it... and I just installed WP yesterday so it should be the most up to date version.

Thanks!

Here are the warnings - they show up ABOVE the admin panel in WP AND on the site...

Warning: include_once(/home/holder/public_html/wp-content/plugins/popshops/) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: Success in /home/holder/public_html/wp-settings.php on line 473

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/holder/public_html/wp-content/plugins/popshops/' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/holder/public_html/wp-settings.php on line 473

And if I can't use this plug-in - should the javascript from PopShops still work on a WP site anyway??? Or is there a better alternative?

Thank you,
    Diana

Quote Originally Posted by biztips
    And if I can't use this plug-in - should the javascript from PopShops still work on a WP site anyway??? Or is there a better alternative?

Thank you,
    Diana
    If you run the EXEC-PHP plugin, you can use either the javascript for a popshops shop OR the php code for a popshops shop. At least, I have most of my popshops shops (sounds awkward, doesn't it -- "popshop shops"?) running on WP sites, and that's how I do it. Once you've got the exec-php plugin installed, just put the php or javascript code into your blog posts/pages where you want it to show up -- using the html edit screen, not the visual editor.

FYI -- They probably need to update that WP affiliate plugin. I think it's been at version 0.5 for a couple of years now. I don't know why or when it might need updating, but WP is now at version 2.7.1 and it was somewhere around version 2.5 or earlier when that plugin became available. Perhaps they simply don't have many people using it, or something? I dunno. I think I have it installed on one site I do very little with, so I'm sorry I'm not any help with your specific plugin woes.
    Last edited by writerguy; March 26th, 2009 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Added Last Paragraph
    Generate more fake news.

Okay - will look for that plug-in and try it. Thanks!

I use Sniplets instead. Bit of a learning curve but it's worked quite well for me.
    As far as the errors go, did you check the permissions of the files and folders in wp-content on your server?
    Be at peace,
    Casey

Lass Group Mall - Free parking first hour or with any purchase.

Never heard of Sniplets, will have to look it up... but no, didn't try to check the permissions, just removed the plug-in, installed that EXEC-PHP and that seems to work.

Now I just have to figure out how I got a Home page on there TWICE... I'm fairly new to WP.

Thank you!

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread