Question New E-commerce Services Merchant Seeking Wisdon
    Hello All-

I have recently posted a new program announcement for PrestoStore and am representing the affiliate management for the company. The affiliate world is very new to me and while I feel as though we have selected a good affiliate network, ShareASale, to get our feet wet in, I am still seeking advice to improving our program and understanding the circumstances of the niche product we sell. I would greatly appreciate insight from ABW members.

PrestoStore is an online store building system that allows customers to build an all-in-one selling platform. While we have different subscription levels, PrestoStore is one product. This eliminates the possibility of an RSS feed, doesn't it? I know that is something that affiliates value, so is there a way to overcome this?

Another question I have is concerning how to equip affiliates with tools that convert. We spent time developing banners and text ads, but we are most interested in finding affiliates to promote our site with content. In fact, PrestoStore has a subsequent site packed with information about selling online and eBay alternatives, sellmorepayless.com, that we would like to see used as a content bank for affiliates. Is this the right thinking?

If anyone has experience selling e-commerce tools and/or managing affiliate programs for them, I would love to hear from you.

Thanks much!

Anyone out there?

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    First, it is nice to have a name to respond to. So who are we responding to?

B2B is very difficult and there are no real B2B networks. That question is asked here all the time. You really have to sell this type of a solution and referrals are your best tool. Finding content affiliates isn't difficult, convincing them to pitch your wares is. Google for all your primary terms and see if you can identify affiliates by looking at the network redirects.

Did you do a competitive analysis against all the top networks to see what your competition is offering? The first question I would ask you as an OPM before taking on a program like this is what is your sites conversion?

You can also use Brand Verity to look for PPC affiliates who are bidding for your competitors. Again you will need a list of competitors and keywords. Try their trial.

Got lots of homework to do and doubtful you have used the search function here to get started?

Hi Chuck-

I'm sorry for the name confusion. My name's Jenny, and I appreciate your response. Thank you for correcting my forum etiquette...this was my first post and I may have gotten a little carried away in the "Introduce Yourself" category.

I didn't mean to repeat questions about B2B merchants because I did do some searching and came to realize what you had mentioned; B2B is a tough market.

I was looking for some more specific answers, which you helped with. To answer some of your questions, we did do a competitive analysis of our competition's offers and I think that we have a very attractive offer. Affiliates who convert sales earn $25 on a monthly PrestoStore conversion (which is a $29.95 purchase). We are also on auto-deposit to make sure that affiliates are paid and happy.

Yes, I have a lot of homework to do and keeping up on ppc affiliates and using the power of referrals is on the top of my list.

Thanks again for getting back to me!

Jenny | PrestoBiz

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread