Cooking.com thinks I'm Stupid.
    I just received an email from Cooking.com with the latest items they would like to see promoted. Here is the response I wrote to them:

I’m going to be perfectly honest with you. Last year when I saw a sale come through and only received a 2% commission because it was shipped by “Supplier” I was furious! I have a client for whom I maintain a website and shopping cart. She sells stuff that is drop shipped by the supplier. She receives an order, accepts the funds, and then generates a purchase order to the Supplier who packs and ships it to the customer. So I am amazed that Cooking.com pays 9% commission on items that it stocks and ships itself, but only 2% for processing a purchase order.

Ever since that happened I have been pulling any links from site that indicates “ships from: Supplier” and replacing them with the very same products at Amazon.com, whether Amazon.com or Cooking.com is fulfilling the order. I figure 7.5% from Amazon is better than 2% from Cooking.com for promoting the very same product.

I only clicked on the first three items in your email. When I saw that all three were Ships from Supplier, I decided not to promote the items. Let me know if you ever rethink your payment structure, and I will rethink which items from Cooking.com I will promote. Until then, I will only promote items that do not say “ships from: Supplier”.

Definitely a chick with brains.

Good to know.

Thanks for posting your finds.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    The worst part of all of this is that you can add a cooking.com "partner product" (full commission) today, and tomorrow it has become a "ships from supplier" product, or maybe worse, it becomes marked "Not Sold" as they have replaced it with a similar "ships from supplier" product.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

2%... 9%... what the big difference? They don't see anything wrong with that. What is 7% among friends?

http and a telephoto
    Don't forget the doubleclick ads you are sending your traffic to also...
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread