Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Who's Messing with "My Advertisers" Home Page Drop Down Box?
    I just went to the CJ Home Page "My Advertisers" drop down box to check something with a merchant, and the listings are no longer alphabetical, but now appear to be in random order.

What gives?

Now have to go through the whole list to find a specific merchant. No good.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

I never knew that box was there. When I want to look up an advertiser, I've always gone to "Get Links" and then "By Relationship." That list has always been in order "Date Accepted," but I just click on the "Advertiser" tab and it sorts them alphabetically.

You don't have to go through the whole list - Just click on the list, and type in the first letter (or first few) and the browser will go to the merchant in the list. Not sure what's happening, probably just a glitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy
    I never knew that box was there. When I want to look up an advertiser, I've always gone to "Get Links" and then "By Relationship." That list has always been in order "Date Accepted," but I just click on the "Advertiser" tab and it sorts them alphabetically.
    That's several more steps. Much faster with the HP list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua
    You don't have to go through the whole list - Just click on the list, and type in the first letter (or first few) and the browser will go to the merchant in the list.
    That doesn't work. Every time you type a letter it goes to a merchant that starts with that letter. Example - type "c" for "cooking.com", and it may go to "creditreporting.com", then type "o" and it will go somewhere like "online sports", etc.
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

I never knew that box was there.
    Me either! Can't believe I missed it all these years. It's so far down on the screen. The things you learn on abestweb.

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
    That doesn't work. Every time you type a letter it goes to a merchant that starts with that letter. Example - type "c" for "cooking.com", and it may go to "creditreporting.com", then type "o" and it will go somewhere like "online sports", etc.
    Works for me in Firefox

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    I hope CJ hasn't closed shop and moved offshore!!!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua
    Works for me in Firefox
    Tried it again - it does work if you type really fast; pause and you've lost it.

I have no idea why they'd mess with that. The drop down box was fine like it is. I'd send them a customer service ticket but I'm sure I'll be told that everything's ok.

rrrggghh, still that way

Me to, I just came here to ask if anyone else is having the problem. Did anyone hear from CJ about this??

I submitted a ticket to CJ and haven't heard anything. I'll probably here back in 2011.

Here's a response from CJ in regards to my support ticket that I submitted:

Thank you for your inquiry. This appears to be a bug in our system. Our engineers are aware of the issue and are investigating.

Last night i noticed CJ put up an alert regarding their server issues yesterday morning, and later on at the evening. Something about a third party error that messed up their system for a bit. Perhaps this issue may be another symptom of that error.
    [B]Quy Le - Affiliate Manager[/B] [CJ, SAS]
    Email: quy.l@cymax.com
    Office: 1-866-740-9830 ext 235
    [URL=http://www.cymax.com]Cymax Stores - Internet Retailer Top 500[/URL]
    [URL=https://signup.cj.com/member/brandedPublisherSignUp.do?air_refmerchantid=2461201]CJ Network Earnings Rating: 4/5 - Sign Up Today![/URL]

-"[I]You Always Succeed in the Pursuit of Mediocrity...[/I]"

Many advertisers are missing from the list
    The problem seems to be more than the box reporting the advertisers in random order. Many of the advertisers we are signed up with are now missing from the list the drop down box gives.
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    I haven't checked tonight but my drop down list was messed up yesterday and this morning, too. Hope they fix it soon.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

CJ - The fact that your dropdown menu is totally out of order hinders my ability to link to sites you represent. This is not fair to the merchants that sign up with the company. Please fix it. It is irresponsible for you not to take action. What purpose does an out-of-order list with missing merchants have? Sheesh...get it together. This is just simply annoying and a real turn off to trying to work w/ your merchants.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

I agree, I could fix this in 30 seconds or less if it was my site!!!

Quote Originally Posted by leeann
    CJ - The fact that your dropdown menu is totally out of order hinders my ability to link to sites you represent. This is not fair to the merchants that sign up with the company. Please fix it. It is irresponsible for you not to take action. What purpose does an out-of-order list with missing merchants have? Sheesh...get it together. This is just simply annoying and a real turn off to trying to work w/ your merchants.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    In case this doesn't get fixed soon (seems it won't):

I'm dealing by being in the drop down box and typing the first letter of the name of the merchant I'm looking for - that'll get you all the merchants that start with that letter but if you keep pressing the letter, you'll eventually find the one you're looking for - still inconvenient as hell but speeds things up a bit.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

I'm a little upset. I submitted a ticket, then it was marked as solved because it said that CJ is aware of a bug that's causing the problem.

I don't think it should take this long to fix. Oh Well.

A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, X, Y and Z

Thought I'd include this in case CJ needed some help with the alphabet.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Smile
    Quote Originally Posted by leeann
    A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, X, Y and Z

Thought I'd include this in case CJ needed some help with the alphabet.
    LOL. Good try but you forgot 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0 for all the Affiliate programs that start with numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by bibby
    LOL. Good try but you forgot 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0 for all the Affiliate programs that start with numbers.
    Oh yeah, forgot about those... (wonder if CJ is making a note)
    leeann

Still not fixed. Still amazingly annoying.
    leeann

ARGH! I've been doing the trick of the first letter until I find it, but it is driving me nuts. Is it ever going to be fixed?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast