Today I received a email from CpaEmpire.com about the CAN SPAM compliance certification. Unlike other affiliate companys' email,CpaEmpire.com required 2 form (compliance certification and contract) filled and faxed back to them. In the contract form,they need my affiliate ID and login password at the front of the page which make me feel strange. And,the fax number is 303-464-8218,I have do a google research for this fax No. and the result appears as follow:

Corporate Headquarters:
    Page It Now Inc.
    1345 Cortez St.
    Denver, CO 80221
    303-428-5862 Fax 303-464-8218

Can anyone here give me a conclusion is there any relationship between Page It Now Inc. and CpaEmpire.com(OptinRealBig.com)??

How can I trust this?
    I need everyone's help!

Thank you,

Jiang

Never send out your password for anything to anyone. I would never trust any company that cannot look up your password themselves.

I would call the company and explain you believe there is someone trying to steal your identity.

SandraR

I would email George Avery at george@cpaempire.com. He is an account mananager and should be able to verify if this is legit.

Sincerely,

Kimberly

From what I have gathered the phone number at cpa empire is 720-929-1971. Some cities have multiple area codes but it does seem fishy that you dont have the same area code for the fax number. Daniel Dye is the contact person listed. It says you can call 24 hours a day with questions.

Sincerely,

Kimberly

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Anyone doing business with OptinRealBig.com is a spam supporter as they're mentioned in law suits all over the place.

Google their butts and then throw away your username and password...

Microsoft delivers OptInRealBig CEO to Junk E-Mail folder for deletion
    By John Paczkowski

Scott Richter, chief executive of OptInRealBig.com, an $18-million-a-year venture that broadcasts millions of bulk e-mail messages each day, may finally get what's coming to him. At a news conference in New York this morning, Microsoft and New York Attorney General Eliot Spitzer announced they'd filed parallel lawsuits against Richter and his accomplices accusing them of conducting illegal spam campaigns through 514 compromised IP addresses in 35 countries spanning six continents. Also named in the suits are Synergy6 and its president, Justin Champion, and Delta Seven Communications and principals Paul Boes and Denny Cole. Richter, for his part, says he's not firghtened by the lawsuits. He claims he's already rejected an offer from Spitzer to settle the case for $100,000 and expects to defend himself successfully. "Messing with us is a big mistake," he told the New York Times. "The more press I get, even bad press, the bigger we get."

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

I would like to paste the email as follow:

Subject: CPA Empire Important News
    Special Bulletin

Dear Jiang,

We would like to take this time to thank you for being part of the most powerful Affiliate network in the world today - CpaEmpire. With current legislation, we must ask that if you haven't already done so, please fill out the two forms below and fax them back to us at 303-464-8218. We must recive thise signed documents no later then Tuesday, January 13th, 2004. Any failure to return this form will result in the deactivation of your account. You can download the forms HERE and HERE, if you have any questions please free to contact us at any time.

Daniel Dye
    Chief of Operations OptinRealBig.Com LLC

ABW Ambassador
    So, are you going to dump these bottom feeders or should I look forward to seeing my email folders filled with spam from you too?

I hope you do the right thing.

They should learn to spell "We must (recive) (thise) signed documents no later (then) Tuesday, January 13th, 2004."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NorthernStudio:
    So, are you going to dump these bottom feeders or should I look forward to seeing my email folders filled with spam from you too?

I hope you do the right thing.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    NorthernStudio,
    I never do SPAM things

ABW Ambassador
    Glad to hear that because SPAM is what OptinRealBig.Com is all about.

Hello All,

I am Daniel from CpaEmpire, and I am little shocked about some of the posts here. Frist of let me state that if Mike & Charlie have any feelings or concerns about our company please feel free to contact me anytime. You can find all my info at http://www.cpaempire.com. In the Future please do make damaging remarks with out having your facts together. If our fax # is in question please feel free to contact cbeyond (http://www.cbeyond.com/). Mr Studio, please email with all emails you recive that you belive is spam related to cpaempire.com.

Thanks Daniel

My comments were to inform all ABWers to stear clear of OptinRealbig.com. No mention of CPAempire was made as I do not know your site, ebiz plan or reputation. I assumed your a locatiing service for local CPA firms similar to a Doctors or Lawyers referral service.

e-mail Lists of licenced and practicing CPA's is easy to come by from each state. Your bad for not researching the firm you might have hired to do your e-mailing...Google their butts

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    I will forward any Spam I believe related to OptinRealBig to the Attorney General of my
    home state of NY, Mr. Eliot Spitzer, not to you. I believe Mr. Spitzer has been in touch with OptinRealBig regarding their activities.

Welcome to ABW.

Northernstudio your OH so right that Eliot Spitzer and Bill Gates both want Scott Richter's head on a stake. You'll here more from Eliot on the HBO theftwarez and spyware issues too.

Mike & Charlie ...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CpaEmpire1:
    In the Future please do make damaging remarks with out having your facts together.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Dude you gotta re-read your posts before pressing the "Post Now" button

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EcomCity.com:
    You'll here more from Eliot on the HBO theftwarez and spyware issues too.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Hey whats wrong with HBO

It's very simple, cpaempire.com is hosted and run by OptInRealBig.com - check the WHOIS entry.

Have a look on Google Groups for Optinrealbig.com.

Optinrealbig.com are clearly spammers and cpaempire.com is one of their businesses. However, cpaempire do clearly spell out a CAN-SPAM compliant policy on their site. Given Mike's post above, you should consider carefully if you want to have a relationship with a business with outstanding lawsuits of that nature against it.

But the bottom line is that no company should ever ask for your password like this. If you send back the documentation, leave that part blank.

________
    "All your commission are belong to us." - Slimeware Corporation

We have had many calls today relating to the NY AG case against Optinrealbig.com LLC. We can not confirm the news about the cases being dropped at this time but we have scheduled a press conference soon. This is big news for cpaempire.com and its advertisers.

Daniel Dye

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    You and your associates, sir, are what is ruining the Internet.

"Opt in" MY ARSE.

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=cp...=Google+Search

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...=Google+Search

Scum. Bottom-feeder. The cap fits.

Go away.

Jimmy James Inc. fan club membership # 3312

"But Jimmy had fancy plans, and pants to match"

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>This is big news for cpaempire.com and its advertisers. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    The big news is if the AG in my state drops this case, I'll vote for a Republican for the first time in my life.

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Maybe they might have had to drop the case because the republican-sourced "can-spam" act, makes it impossible for them to continue the prosecution?

That would be a reason to vote Democrat EVERYWHERE, surely?

Jimmy James Inc. fan club membership # 3312

"But Jimmy had fancy plans, and pants to match"

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread