Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    When I was a Kid.
    When I Was a Kid.

I Respected my President because he was the leader of my country.

I didn't know about Partisan Politics.

I loved learning new things.

Riding a bike, roller skating, my piano, rock and roll music, ..........

GIRLS!

Reminiscing ...............

Late night coffee buzz thread. -

Jimmy

When I was a kid I couldn't wait to grow up.

I still love learning new things and while I know about politics I respect the office of the Presidency even when I have differences of opinion with whomever might be President in a given year.

BOYS
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com/afpr.html"><font color="#FF0000">Buzzy Multimedia Publishing Affiliate Program</font></a>--<a href="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=13023"><font color="#FF0000">SAS Sign-Up</font></a>
    7-15% Commision, 180 Cookies, Bonuses
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com">Earn Buzzy Bucks Promoting Sci-Fi & Fantasy Audio Books and Wicked Cool T-Shirts</a>

Quote Originally Posted by RemodelingGuy
    When I Was a Kid.

I Respected my President because he was the leader of my country.

I didn't know about Partisan Politics.

I loved learning new things.

Riding a bike, roller skating, my piano, rock and roll music, ..........

GIRLS!

Reminiscing ...............

Late night coffee buzz thread. -

Jimmy
    Ah - the good ole 50s and 60s. I was there then. Those were the best days of my life.

And don't forget about parking on the back row of a drive-in movie with your girlfriend.

We usually didn't remember very much about the movie - but - did we ever have a good time doing other things.

"And don't forget about parking on the back row of a drive-in movie with your girlfriend.

We usually didn't remember very much about the movie - but - did we ever have a good time doing other things."

heee, heee yeap, cept substitute boyfriend. lol Actually had two of em close to where I lived so ummm spent a lotta time at em.

Agree about the politics, too. People definitely have their own opinions and feel very strongly bout em and that's good but we used to at least respect each other and our differences. That seems to be missing an awful lotta times now and we just think of the other person as evil now if they differ from us.

How bout remember penny candy??

or

goin to a diner with our family or on a date and those little jukeboxes in the booths where we could choose a song to play?

or

this one makes me sad, tho. Used to be at Halloween we had these little cartons and we collected money for some sorta charity for the United Nations that helped children in other countries. Least in my area they don't do that anymore.

ok.....come on add some more of your own

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Where I lived until I was 13, across the street there was the athletic field side of a high school, and there was a playground with baseball diamonds two blocks to the south. Summers when school was out I'd play baseball almost every day, morning till darkness fell. Those were the days.

We moved about three miles north into the area much of the world knows as Hollywood, and I went to the most famous high school in the world (at least in the years before "Beverly Hills 90210"). There were no drive-ins in the area, but a couple of blocks away was Hollywood Blvd., and in a mile stretch, there must have been two dozen movie theaters.

I didn't know too much about politics in those days, but the two events that opened my eyes were the assassination of JFK when I was in Jr. High, and then the 1968 election year when I first met and had detailed conversations with political conservatives. (There actually were some in my high school class.)
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

CORRECTION - TOO LATE TO EDIT
    Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
    Where I lived until I was 13, across the street there was the athletic field side of a high school, and there was a playground with baseball diamonds two blocks to the south. Summers when school was out I'd play baseball almost every day, morning till darkness fell. Those were the days.

We moved about three miles north into the area much of the world knows as Hollywood, and I went to the most famous high school in the world (at least in the years before "Beverly Hills 90210"). There were no drive-ins in the area, but a couple of blocks away was Hollywood Blvd., and in a mile stretch, there must have been two dozen movie theaters.

I didn't know too much about politics in those days, but the two events that opened my eyes were the assassination of JFK when I was in Jr. High, and then the 1964 election year when I first met and had detailed conversations with political conservatives. (There actually were some in my high school class.)
    Somehow in my haste, I wrote 1968 instead of 1964, the Johnson-Goldwater campaign to which I was referring.
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

When I was a kid

I grew up in Anaheim, CA about two blocks away from the outskirts of DisneyLand. We used to sneak under the perimeter fence and run around the park all day on Saturdays.

We also had a strawberry field next to us at the end of a cul-de-sac.

During the growing season, we had lemon, orange and avacado trees on our property as well and we would fill up our ( WE, being my little brother and myself ) little red wagon and go door to door selling our bounty to the neighbors.

Memories -

Oh - Simon and Garfunkel, Tiajuana Brass, and having my Mother their for me when I had night-mares.

Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy
    Ah - the good ole 50s and 60s. I was there then. Those were the best days of my life.

And don't forget about parking on the back row of a drive-in movie with your girlfriend.

We usually didn't remember very much about the movie - but - did we ever have a good time doing other things.
    Back in the day, we used to have 3 drive-in theaters within reach.

They just shut down the last of them a couple of years ago.

When I was a kid

I grew up in Anaheim, CA about two blocks away from the outskirts of DisneyLand. We used to sneak under the perimeter fence and run around the park all day on Saturdays.
    Today, guards would probably shoot first, then .....
    Oh - Simon and Garfunkel, Tiajuana Brass,
    The first job I ever had was taking inventory at the Sears, Hollywood store. Absolutely tedious work, in those days before universal packaging (or computerization). I was assigned to Sporting Goods (yea, I thought), but spent my couple of days there counting individual fish hooks. Hundreds and hundreds (thousands, maybe) of fish hooks. Anyway, we had to go back to the store the next week to pick up our pay, and I remember spending almost all I received in the record dept before leaving, and I specifically remember buying a Herb Alpert and the Tiajuana Brass album that day.

When I was a kid... I was a kid.

THEN: I remember when Halloween was about 'trick or treating' and the cool mask and costumes us kids could get or make.

NOW: Halloween is for adults to feel 'sexy' and dress 'sexy'. 'Trick or treating' is not allowed in many cities.

THEN: I remember Saturday Morning Cartoons. You may have had to force me to get up to go to school, but I was up bright and early on Saturday Morning.

NOW: Cartoons are for adults. 'Sexy' cartoons. Even the kids shows left have 'sexy' dressing stars.

THEN: I remember commercials. "Where's the beef?" "Buy this cereal and get this great prize in each box."

NOW: Commercials are 'sexy'. No more kids commercials. Cereal is for adults to look 'sexy'.

THEN: I remember going to the park to play. Meeting a gang of guys and playing football all day long. Going to the pond across the street and fishing til dark. Riding bikes from sun up to sun down.

NOW: Talking on the cellphone has replaced playing in the park. Text messaging has replaced fishing.

THEN: When I was a kid... I was a kid.

NOW: There are babies, toddlers and adults. 'Sexy' has destroy the life of a kid.

QUESTION: If sex sells, why are we in a recession?

When I was a kid....

My dad was in the military so I took politics very seriously.

I figured I should try to stop wars before they begin so dads, brothers, sisters and mothers didn't have to shoot hot lead and chemicals at each other.

I studied history, politics, war, and peace throughout high school and college.

Now I make peace sites.

I also have a few affiliate marketing sites so I can make money and keep doing what I do.
    [URL=http://www.investeverymonth.com]InvestEveryMonth.com[/URL] - Build Wealth

Oh - Simon and Garfunkel, Tiajuana Brass, and having my Mother their for me when I had night-mares.

Dad used to play Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass for my oldest sister (when she was little) before she went to bed. Dad still has the vinyl... and I, of course, have a few of their tunes on my ipod.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    When I was a kid (mid-1970s through mid-1980s) I used to be gone in the summer months from 8am-8pm on my BMX bike, with a fishing pole, black lab as company (and no one complaining she wasn't on a leash!!). I'd eat apples and raspberries and maybe even fresh trout for lunch, with friends, in the woods.

I still think outside time is the best..

When I was a kid:

You could ride your bike with friends to the local pool without an adult...no fear of being abducted or harmed in any way.

We could trick or treat all over our neighborhood....we would also trick or treat at school. If someone had told me that I could only trick or treat at the mall or local businesses I would have hated it.

Your parents and your teachers were on the same team. If my teacher said that I was acting up then my parents would do something about it. Not complain to the school that the teacher doesn't "understand" my kid, get defensive and angry at the teacher, or expect the school to do something about it.

We got to have parties at school without everyone freaking out about whether we had vegetarian options, or gluten free options, or peanut free options. We just had cupcakes and punch and a good time.

The only way to try to have a "secret" conversation with a friend on the phone would be to walk as far as the long kitchen phone cord would let me into the dining room. There was no texting, sexting, or internet to get me in trouble.....thank God, I can't imagine what I would have gotten my boy-crazy self into.

My family went to church on Sundays...the only day my dad was home from work...we had hamburgers for lunch and steak for dinner. No wonder I still can't give up on red meat. My dad would watch football and teach me the game.....rare time spent together and I loved it!!! We still love to watch football together.

The only stress in my life during the summer was having to get out of the pool for the Adult Swim. I always told myself that I couldn't WAIT to be old enough to stay in the pool. Of course by the time that happened, I had quit going to the pool. Maybe I'll go once this summer just to stay in when they blow the whistle. Ha!

Sheri

When I was a kid I couldn't wait to grow up, and I hate going to school but now I finish my studies I miss my childhood where I can play a lot and no worrying about tomorrow. Although having a good and nice job is great I still miss my friend when I was a child and I don't know where they are now.

When I was a kid my lottery number was 212, so I avoided the draft and getting shipped out to Vietnam.

When I was a kid, lovin' the Jersey shore and Palisades Amusement Park. Here's some footage from a TV ad & the Cyclone roller coaster: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXiKji0EkbY

Who didn't want to go after listening to Freddie "Boom Boom" Cannon's Palisades Park: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYDSFKLu-TA

Yeah, it was so amazing to go out trick or treating without your parents—it was that safe. And I didn't live in a "good neighborhood" but one known back then as "the other side of the tracks."

Party lines: hah, your neighbors listened in to your conversations. OK, that dates me as verrrrrrrrry dated!
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread