More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    UPers, Did You Know About This Home Grown Gem?
    UPers (People from the UP of Michigan), did you ever hear of Annette Summersett? Hear her stuff at http://www.myspace.com/annettesummersett

I first heard of her from her YouTube video tribute to Brett Favre and decided to check out the rest of her music. This young lady really has talent.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I took a vacation in WI once. Lots of fun things to do, the Crane Sanctuary, Lake Geneva, The House On The Rock, the zoo in Milwaukee, riding a duck at the Dells, and Madison which is a very cool city.

At the time they were having a contest to give WI a nickname. My favorite slogan was, "Wisconsin, it's shaped like a mitten." But I never made it to the UP. And I never understood why folks call themselves cheeseheads. As an outsider I thought cheesebutts was more on-target.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    I took a vacation in WI once. Lots of fun things to do, the Crane Sanctuary, Lake Geneva, The House On The Rock, the zoo in Milwaukee, riding a duck at the Dells, and Madison which is a very cool city.

At the time they were having a contest to give WI a nickname. My favorite slogan was, "Wisconsin, it's shaped like a mitten." But I never made it to the UP. And I never understood why folks call themselves cheeseheads. As an outsider I thought cheesebutts was more on-target.
    Wisconsin was always the number one producer of dairy products, including cheese. As of late, however, I believe California has taken that honor.

I have never been to the UP of Michigan either. Seems like a cool place to be however, almost like being in your own country. UPer's calling themselves "Cheeseheads" has to do with their choice of The Packers as their NFL football team rather than the lowly Lions.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

I have never been to the UP of Michigan either. Seems like a cool place to be however, almost like being in your own country. UPer's calling themselves "Cheeseheads" has to do with their choice of The Packers as their NFL football team rather than the lowly Lions.
    And who can blame them for not wanting to be associated with probably the worst franchise in all of professional sports. I'm a Michagander from the Metro Detroit area and have no problem with that. They should just let you guys have it already, although it is cool having two penisulas and this Annette Summersett seems pretty talented, LOL!

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread