To consider when joining a CPA Network
    Greetings ABW

Iím new to ABW, and I see all the great feedback everyone is getting for their posts.

Since we are a CPA Network with plenty of flexibility presently, I am wondering as affiliates, what would be the most important points to consider when joining a CPA Network?

If any affiliates have the time, I would love to hear some great feedback!

Thanks all!
    Ben
    AdFinity CPA Network

15 years and counting
    Ben, you need to read Michael Coley post about CPA networks. The post is two years old but it can give you a starting point for this discussion.
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?p=700247

Thank you Zeus.

I read the posting it's very helpful! Thanks for taking the time to find the old posting for me.

I am still hoping to get some people to quickly voice their considerations on the thread, but perhaps because it was a topic covered a few years ago they wont be as interested. We will see.

Thanks again,

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by AdFinityBen
    Thank you Zeus.

I read the posting it's very helpful! Thanks for taking the time to find the old posting for me.

I am still hoping to get some people to quickly voice their considerations on the thread, but perhaps because it was a topic covered a few years ago they wont be as interested. We will see.

Thanks again,
    It may be "old" in your opinion, but it is still valid. You will need to show how your company is different. Have you purchased an announcement yet? (forgive me if I missed it, I have been buried in client work lately and have missed some threads here.)
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I'm not sure I understand ...

important points to consider when joining a CPA Network
    The reasons for NOT joining a network, CPA or otherwise, remain the same, it's age, doesn't diminish it's wisdom, much less it's applicability. Similarly the reasons for joining a network remain the same as well, so just add your value proposition to that and you'll QUICKLY have your selling points!
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    Strangely enough I was at yours and serveral of the 'smaller' networks yesturday. It's the merchants that are post of the networks that matter. Ifik they have products in my niche I'll join, if they don't I won't.

For me to join a network I have to see a merchant with products I am looking for (in my niche) Thus, a network should make available a complete least of all their merchants before joining. What's the point in joining a networtk giving up all my financial info when there isn't a merchant whose products I can sell.

Also, I find that networks that have mostly lead offers of things I find in infomercials or at late night TV are not worth my time. Usually these are services which I find a bit shady. So if your promoting things like ring tones, get out of debt, loans, dating. I find these type of networks a dime a dozen, I have seen them come and go.

Also, your a small network, if your featured merchats are on other networks that means I might as well stay with
    Expert who says Moo

a.k.a. OJMOO

Cow Dance

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    I'm not sure I understand ...

The reasons for NOT joining a network, CPA or otherwise, remain the same, it's age, doesn't diminish it's wisdom, much less it's applicability. Similarly the reasons for joining a network remain the same as well, so just add your value proposition to that and you'll QUICKLY have your selling points!
    Haiko, Ben is referring to reasons for joining a network as an affiliate, not as an advertiser. While some reasons may overlap, there's a world of difference.

What I look for in a network, CPA or traditional:
    1) Merchants that I'm looking for
    2) An established track record of paying affiliates on time
    3) Good tracking system, possibility to place third party pixels is a plus (since I'm a search affiliate, mainly)
    4) Ability to automatically place pixels, without having to contact an account manager
    5) Faster payouts at certain volume thresholds
    6) High payments. Frankly, CPA networks are a dime a dozen these days. Everyone has dating offers, everyone has diet offers - What I prefer is a network that can have a wide variety of offers in whatever field I want to help with split testing, and responsive AMs who can actually help me optimize my campaigns or find better or complementary offers to run.

Thanks Again
    Thanks everyone this is great so far.

loxly, yes you are so right, the posting was very helpful passed onto me by Zeus, extremely valid! I appeciate all the feedback.
    No we haven't done an announcement yet, although that seems like something we should do. I'll read about it here and see what we can do. Thanks for the suggestion

Oranges thank you for the feedback, its all about the merchants! Feature great merchants that offer something different then the norm!

Joshua your list is very helpful also. Thanks for the excellent feedback! We will make sure to incorporate everything into our smaller network!

I hope I can be as helpful for some of you in the future as you have been for me today!

All the best

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread