Where will Jay Cutler end up?
    The Denver Broncos official announced yesterday that they will be trading Jay Cutler.

Many have speculated that the Cleveland Browns will be involved in a three way trade because they have two good quarterbacks. The Jets and Tampa Bay have already expressed interest. Some have said the Lions because they have the first pick, but I don't think Denver would want to pay for a #1 overall pick, plus they don't really have anybody else besides Calvin Johnson to trade of value.

I think they will obviously want a replacement at quarterback, but with such a shortage a good quarterbacks out there I believe the price will be jacked up and they could possibly get a defensive starter as well. I also think they will try to keep him out of the AFC.

What does everybody else think?

Hmmm. Maybe the Chiefs would swap for him. Give the Broncos Brodie "if-it's-game-time-I-gotta-get-injured-again" Croyle ...

Nah. Broncos management ain't THAT stoopid! Are they?
    Generate more fake news.

Ok so a qb that has a losing record is a hot commodity in the NFL. I know Denvers defense stunk when he was there but come on. I would rather get a qb through the draft.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Ok so a qb that has a losing record is a hot commodity in the NFL. I know Denvers defense stunk when he was there but come on. I would rather get a qb through the draft.
    He was 13-1 when the Broncos held their opponents to less than 21 points.

Quote Originally Posted by writerguy
    Hmmm. Maybe the Chiefs would swap for him. Give the Broncos Brodie "if-it's-game-time-I-gotta-get-injured-again" Croyle ...

Nah. Broncos management ain't THAT stoopid! Are they?
    I think they are that stupid, I mean they did get rid of Coach Shannohan (check spelling) who had how many hurt running backs last year. Trade Cutler to the Raiders for Jamarcus Russell. The AFC West is weak anyways so it won't really matter.

Cutler To The....
    Ya he's got a losing record, but hes a premier QB. I'd say he can start over most QB's in the NFL apart from P.Manning, Brady, Roethlisberger.

He's young, whoever get's him will be set for a while, as long as he doesn't whine like now.

I'd say the Jets will make a good push for him because #4 left.

It will be good to see the good ol' Dolphins go after him, get a solid QB in their system for a while.

I know a few Titans fans that want him too! V.Young being a bust so far, and Collins potentially breaking a hip this year.

Of course the Vikes need someone there! Rosenfels, Jackson, and Booty? They need help.

It would be fun to start a friendly pool to see where he'll end up. What does everyone think?

Ben
    AdFinity - CPA Network

I think the Dolphins will scoop him up. Let the TUNA work his magic.. They would have to trade Pennington and someone else good for a younger Cutler. Plus the Dolphins have really turned it around since their 1 - 15 2007 season so this could be a match made in heaven. Plus it's South Beach vs. Denver if it came down to it. Gotta say young Cutler would prefer Sun and Fun to doom and gloom... No Offense Denver

I think the Dolphins will scoop him up. Let the TUNA work his magic.. They would have to trade Pennington and someone else good for a younger Cutler. Plus the Dolphins have really turned it around since their 1 - 15 2007 season so this could be a match made in heaven. Plus it's South Beach vs. Denver if it came down to it. Gotta say young Cutler would prefer Sun and Fun to doom and gloom... No Offense Denver
    That's a good point if he were a free agent, but since he has requested a trade his destination will not be up to him. This got me thinking that maybe he is more likely to wind up in Detroit. If a team really hates somebody, what better place to send him than the 0-16 Detroit Lions LOL!

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ETRdahir
    South Beach would be preferable to Denver? Denver is doom and gloom with 308 sun days a year? LOL. Somebody has never spent time in Colorado. Cutler likes the climate just fine. His problem is that he is a tempermental kid who wears his feelings on his sleeve. He is a fantastic QB, but he needs to grow up a lot. If he does, he is going to be one of the greats. If he doesn't, he's going to have fun traveling from one team to another the next ten years.

As for spending the denaro, Mr. Bowlen isn't afraid to spend the bucks and with Cutler leaving, it frees up another $7 - $8 mil a year, so money won't be the stopper. I'm a Broncos fan and I've loved seeing Cutlers QB talent evolving. But we don't want a QB on our team if he doesn't want to play for the new coach, so it's bye bye time for Jay.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Yeah I don't get to leave the state of Florida as much as I'd like to but I used to be a Raiders fan so I have to give hell to Denver every once in a while. lol. I agree, growing up is a must for Cutler, after the draft in a few weeks we should have a clearer picture of his opportunities. He has a good thing in Denver, but like all Denver QB's, there are big shoes to fill and every QB there gets compared to #7 which is just unfair.

Affiliate Manager
    As a Philadelphia Eagles fan, I hope he stays out of Washington, because I don't really want to see him twice a year. I am a type 1 diabetic who played QB in high school and college, so I have respect for him, so I hope the best for him, but just somewhere other than the NFC East.

Jay Cutler to the Chicago Bears
    Just in, Broncos trade Jay Cutler to the Chicago Bears for Kyle Orton and their first round picks in 09' and 10'.

Ouch, think they gave up a little much. I think the bears will go after another receiver in free agency like Torry Holt or Marvin Harrison.

They definitely have a much better chance to be a championship team now. As if it wasn't bad enough already being a Lions fan in Chicago .

http://tr.im/iaxJ

Thoughts?

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Hamilton
    South Beach would be preferable to Denver? Denver is doom and gloom with 308 sun days a year? LOL. Somebody has never spent time in Colorado. Cutler likes the climate just fine. His problem is that he is a tempermental kid who wears his feelings on his sleeve. He is a fantastic QB, but he needs to grow up a lot. If he does, he is going to be one of the greats. If he doesn't, he's going to have fun traveling from one team to another the next ten years.

As for spending the denaro, Mr. Bowlen isn't afraid to spend the bucks and with Cutler leaving, it frees up another $7 - $8 mil a year, so money won't be the stopper. I'm a Broncos fan and I've loved seeing Cutlers QB talent evolving. But we don't want a QB on our team if he doesn't want to play for the new coach, so it's bye bye time for Jay.
    I concur 100%!!!
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Going to the Bears...
    The Denver Broncos have agreed in principle to trade quarterback Jay Cutler to the Chicago Bears.

Just got an email alert...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Convergence
    The Denver Broncos have agreed in principle to trade quarterback Jay Cutler to the Chicago Bears.

Just got an email alert...
    ESPN reports traded for QB Kyle Orton and Two First-Round Picks.

Bears gave up a lot - there will be lots of pressure on Cutler in Chicago.

Cutler is, as other have said, potentially a great QB, but Denver made one hell of a deal.

add: Denver also gets third and fifth round picks.
    Last edited by Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound; April 2nd, 2009 at 06:05 PM. Reason: add
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

I wish my SAS buddies the best with their new QB. Hopefully Cutler will grow up and be a real asset to the Bears. He's got a load of talent!!! Wish we could have kept him, but ownership cannot risk allowing his temper to interfere with the greater good.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

They paid way too much for him, You build a team through the draft and giving up #1's for two years is insane for any player
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    Considering the Bears crappy QB's since Jim McMahon, this might be the smartest thing they've done in years

Considering the Bears crappy QB's since Jim McMahon, this might be the smartest thing they've done in years
    The fans here in Chicago love the trade, pointing out the lack of qb's like you said and also poor first round picks in the past. Although they did give up a lot, acquiring a proven talent at such a young age, at such an important position, is a no-brainer. I can't blame them one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by David S.
    The fans here in Chicago love the trade, pointing out the lack of qb's like you said and also poor first round picks in the past. Although they did give up a lot, acquiring a proven talent at such a young age, at such an important position, is a no-brainer. I can't blame them one bit.
    I can appreciate the excitement in Chicago. Cutler is a tremendous catch where talent is concerned. Though I regret that his youthful emotions spoiled his future with the Broncos, if I were a Bears fan, I would be looking to go deep into the playoffs this year. Hopefully the Bears have a good defense. This guy could turn out to be the # 1 QB in the NFL if he grows up a bit. If we had to trade him, I'm happy to see that we got so many good picks for him, the Broncos need it in their rebuilding plans.

I can appreciate the excitement in Chicago. Cutler is a tremendous catch where talent is concerned.
    Jay Cutler will own this town if he plays anywhere near his potential, Jerry Angelo could run for mayor today he is so popular right now!

Couple interesting things I heard on the way in today:

1) Cutler is only due to make 1 million this year if they don't renegotiate his contract

2) I thought he threw a lot of interceptions but his ratio is 1 for every 34 pass attempts. Drew Breese's ratio is 1:37, Bret Favre's was 1:23. So his ratio is good, along with being one the least sacked qb's (I know a lot of that credit should go to the o-line, but it does show that he gets rid of the ball), also his 3rd down conversion was one of the best in the league. And Denver only had two rb's rush for more than 100 yards in a game last year.

Couple side notes:

1) Look for Greg Olsen to become a premiere tight end all of you fantasy players out there.

2) Mark Schlereth is one the dumbest a$$es I have ever heard, saying that the Bears actually got worse in this trade. I understand that he feels like he has to play to his "tough guy" image, but I really wish ESPN would stop insulting my intelligence by having guys like him and Mel Kiper on their staff!

He is no Jim McMann... Actually Cutler is a lot better than McMann for those of us who remember the 80's and the greatest running back of all time Mr. Walter Payton. The Bears finally get a good QB. Hell seems to have frozen over. hehe

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread