Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    Still no "add all" button
    Still the main obstacle to manually creating and updating pages quickly still doesn't exist. Months ago I asked for an "add all" button to add results to a shop.
    Now that I'm finishing my updates of Celebrate Express to CJ, I'm finding my self searching for keywords and Clicking every single result one-by-one.

Is this really so difficult to set up?

For example I want to update American Chopper party supplies and I do a search, find CE and ... oops no add all so I have to click add 5 times.

ok fine on to American Idol party supplies.. do a search ... oh great click add 35 times.

It sure would be nice to have that add all button ...

Perhaps you think this is silly, but consider how many party themes exist and how many minutes or hours you'd save with this minor tiny little improvement.

If that Add All button existed, I might use it once or twice. But then I'd probably go back to adding products individually and using the power of autofeed and search-generated pages.
    Be at peace,
    Casey

Lass Group Mall - Free parking first hour or with any purchase.

I've never had good results with autofeed.

Sorry to hear that.

To achieve what you've described in your first post, I would have searched my filtered merchants for Party Supplies, chosen ONE item from each merchant then developed a menu of choices for American Chopper, American Idol, etc. The visitor doesn't really ever have to see the first page I built, as the menu takes them to the subset of products they've chosen.

When a new merchant comes along offering party supplies, it's a simple one-click to add them to the master Party Supplies shop - and their products will automatically show up in the search results.
    Be at peace,
    Casey

Lass Group Mall - Free parking first hour or with any purchase.

A couple things.

1) We did code and are testing an "add all" button. We will add it in but will be doing it in a way that is not very obvious to the average user. Why? We don't want a bunch of duplicate content in PopShops. When users need to manually add products, especially when they have been narrowed by keywords and are from a mixture of merchants, product results are a unique mix. When you grab feeds wholesale and put them in the same order as the original feed from single merchants, they result in duplicate content (unless it is in JavaScript). I will let you know when it is in, we have some releases coming up and that will be part of it.

2) I am going to be posting a couple new tips about AutoFeed (not necessarily for you, lostdeviant, but they are helpful for those who want to be more specific about searches and result.
    Jessie Jones
    Create your custom affiliate store with PopShops.
    General support: support [at] popshops.com | Merchant requests: merchants [at] popshops.com
    (Include your popshops login, your shop name, and the URL or merchant you have an issue with.)

Thats good news since I've been using a custom php solution for adding catalogs, but want to update my very product line specific "shops" quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by JessieJ
    2) I am going to be posting a couple new tips about AutoFeed (not necessarily for you, lostdeviant, but they are helpful for those who want to be more specific about searches and result.
    Hope they're coming soon! I love the autofeed function, but there is one issue that I don't know if it can be resolved. The merchants with larger feeds tend to dominate the autofeed pages and you might only want to narrowly have a specific category's items and not their entire inventory. Will there be any way to "weight" a merchant's items on succeeding pages?

P.S. NEVERMIND! Just saw Jesse's tips post.
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread