Stumped
    I want to make an affiliate website and can find many things to promots but i don't actually have anything to make a website about or any content to actually sell. Can i make a website entirelely dedicated to the product or service that i choose to promote?

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by dopey
    I want to make an affiliate website and can find many things to promots but i don't actually have anything to make a website about or any content to actually sell. Can i make a website entirelely dedicated to the product or service that i choose to promote?
    Of course you can. You could make an entire website just dedicated to selling 1 product if you wanted to.

but how do u build a website based on banners and links?? are forum sites and reveiws actually a good method to advertising this material?

Quote Originally Posted by Julian
    Of course you can. You could make an entire website just dedicated to selling 1 product if you wanted to.
    Absolutely. For example I have a simple little site that sells onion choppers - no content, just onion choppers. We don't sell many (no PPC), but we do sell a few each week.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

i guess if you can sell an onion chopper it shouldn't be hard to sell more popular products. Just all in how well i promote and build my site.

i guess if you can sell an onion chopper it shouldn't be hard to sell more popular products
    And onion choppers aren't popular????

well maybe they are popular but its not like someone comes on the internet going hmmm wonder where i can find an onion chopper i know some ppl do but its just nosomething so common as maybe an antivirus.

ABW Ambassador
    well maybe they are popular but its not like someone comes on the internet going hmmm wonder where i can find an onion chopper i know some ppl do but its just nosomething so common as maybe an antivirus.

Ask around, find out how many people have onion choppers in their house. Then ask those same people, and find out how many of them have antivirus software.

Just because you don't think that a product is popular, it doesn't mean that it isn't popular.

Bear that in mind when you are looking for niche products to promote. Millions of people buy products every day that you may not even consider to be worth promoting. Do some research

don't you think its kind of smart to stay ahead of the game i mean in terms of what is new and not yet saturated. Maybe popular is good but i would think that things that would be more of a good seller would be like services or products that ppl need. Like ppl obviosly need onion choppers in a way but its a small household item. Sure maybe more ppl have onion choppers than antivirus, but how many of those ppl that don't have antivirus have the internet?? probably not a large portion. Everybody that has internet should have antivirus therefore would that not make it the type of niche that is in demand and always will be??? Not that i would want to promote antivirus its just first to mind.

don't you think its kind of smart to stay ahead of the game i mean in terms of what is new and not yet saturated. Maybe popular is good but i would think that things that would be more of a good seller would be like services or products that ppl need. Like ppl obviosly need onion choppers in a way but its a small household item. Sure maybe more ppl have onion choppers than antivirus, but how many of those ppl that don't have antivirus have the internet?? probably not a large portion. Everybody that has internet should have antivirus therefore would that not make it the type of niche that is in demand and always will be??? Not that i would want to promote antivirus its just first to mind.
    Relax, the point being made is just because you don't thinks its popular doesn't make it an nonpopular item. Anyway, my comment was made in jest.

Search G for "antivirus software" how many millions of hits are possible? Now, search "onion chopper" much smaller list. So, you put up an antivirus software site, now you're competing against big, big software companies just get noticed by G. If you're lucky, you'll get on page 1000. Yes, it's an in demand product, but its highly saturated with sites much bigger than anything you can come up with.

Looking for "onion chopper" doesn't seem so bad now. At least I've got a chance.

If you want to start a site to promote affiliate products you should consider a review style site. This is where you write reviews on several products that are in a related category. Than you can provide a banner with your affiliate link and they will be taken directly to your affiliate sales page.

Reviews tend to get a little more trust than a strict sales page.

Just make sure to make an honest review. Point out one or two minor flaws. If you sound too gushy no one will believe it's an unbiased review.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread