Questions about Amazon's affiliate program
    I have several questions about Amazon's affiliate program:

1) Is there any commission for referred webmasters, i.e. do I receive anything if another webmaster sign up through my links?

2) As I'm aware, visitors could register on Amazon's site and after that they could by from that account without ever registering again. Do affiliates receive any commission if someone who is already registered and who already bought with that account on Amazon buys something after they clicked on affiliate links, or the only commission that is paid is one from unregistered or newly registered buyers?

3) Is there something on Amazon's program that enable better tracking of campaigns, i.e. something like sid on Commission Junction (on CJ any link could end with sid=something, so if something is bought you see that sid on reports and that enables to follow performance more better)?

4) Does Amazon pays commissions for all products, e.g. Amazon MP3, Amazon Video on Demand, Amazon AWS etc?

5) What happens if somebody from outside of USA where Amazon have local site (e.g. UK, Germany) clicks on link: are they redirected to their local Amazon's site or they see amazon.com, and following that affiliate doesn't receive commission is they buy something from local site?

Thanks in advance

Can only answer questions 2 and 3.

#2- Amazon is a session only. Once that person registers and buys something, you've done your job as far as Amazon is concerned. They no longer need you.
    I guess if you got the same person to use one of your links again, used a different name to register, different address, different credit card, you could get around it.

#3- As far as I know, Amazon doesn't use the "sid=something" or anything to that effect, you need to create a new tracking id, 'xxxxxxx-20'. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me. It's a horrible way to keep track but its Amazon. Early on, I tried creating new tracking id's for each little widget, page, store, and what not but it got old. So now I just use the dozen or so I've already made.

Thanks you for your reply.

I didn't understand #2 completely, maybe because I didn't explained well.

Let's say that visitor (Visitor A) who is already registered at Amazon.com (bought something in the past or just created account) click on my affiliate link and buy something with my cookies. Will I receive commission from that transaction since he is already registered at Amazon.com (he is not a new buyer)?

Or will I receive commission only if visitor (Visitor B) who is not registered at Amazon.com click on my affiliate link and buy something with my cookies (he is a new buyer)?

Thanks

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by blastbb
    Thanks you for your reply.

I didn't understand #2 completely, maybe because I didn't explained well.

Let's say that visitor (Visitor A) who is already registered at Amazon.com (bought something in the past or just created account) click on my affiliate link and buy something with my cookies. Will I receive commission from that transaction since he is already registered at Amazon.com (he is not a new buyer)?

Or will I receive commission only if visitor (Visitor B) who is not registered at Amazon.com click on my affiliate link and buy something with my cookies (he is a new buyer)?

Thanks
    It doesn't matter if they are already registered or not. But you only get credit for what they buy right away after clicking your link.

#1. No
    #4. You will need to check with Amazon because I really don't know that either. They pay different commissions on different types of items, some items may be exempt but I have never asked or noticed.
    #5. No. You would need to have links to that program on your site. So you need to join every countries site program. At least that is my understanding.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

You receive commissions on new or old buyers. The only commissions not allowed are from yourself.

Last time I checked, the only product they don't pay on is the Wii. It's in the fine print of the terms.

If a visitor to your site today clicks a link and buys something at Amazon today, you'd get credit. If that same visitor comes back to your site tomorrow and clicks a link and buys something, you'd get credit. If the following day they go directly to Amazon.com without going to your site and clicking a link, you would not receive credit for that purchase.
    Eric Tyler
    Eric [at] FinancialNetworkPro [dot] com
    [URL=http://financialnetworkpro.com]http://financialnetworkpro.com[/URL]

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread