Angry $1,599.80 net Commission Reversed from Ashford!
    $1,599.80 Reversed! waaaa!

The sale amount was $39,995.00

The event date was 9-Mar-2009

Reason for reversal: Can't Ship/Sold Out! but the affiliate manager advised me "The sale was never completed and the customer was never charged".

The reversal happened almost after one-month from the day of posting.

Is there a way counter-check this? I guess not, we are always at the mercy of the merchants!

Is Ashford a good trustworthy merchant?

Any similar reversal from ashford?
    [url=http://abestweb.com/][B][COLOR=Red]Affiliate Marketing Forum[/COLOR][/B][/url]

ABW Ambassador
    $39,995 orders are not very common. Not surprising that is never went through

Quote Originally Posted by Julian
    $39,995 orders are not very common. Not surprising that is never went through
    thanks for the reply.

Yes it was my biggest (so far) jewelry product sale, but i had a few $xx,xxx gross jewelry sales before, so this is not really impossible.
    [url=http://abestweb.com/][B][COLOR=Red]Affiliate Marketing Forum[/COLOR][/B][/url]

Does sound fishy!

That could have been a sweet sale!
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

too bad
    too bad

As i see, Buy.com is better

7% - Jewelry & Watches, Apparel, Health & Beauty (Fragrance)

I had a $3,000 sale reversed after 3 weeks from another merchant due to credit card fraud. My problem is that most companies have a fraud detection center, where new cc orders are reviewed within days. So two weeks seemed fishy. How could the orginal order have been approved and then rescinded?

I lost a $671 commission due to a reversal this week. I was bummed too. I didn't really expect it to go through, but we can always hope, can't we?
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

Quote Originally Posted by bibby
    My problem is that most companies have a fraud detection center, where new cc orders are reviewed within days. So two weeks seemed fishy. How could the orginal order have been approved and then rescinded?
    That might have to do with the affiliate sale review procedures. Some companies, if a sale is reversed, have it tagged and can/will reverse the affiliate transaction right away.

Some companies don't have the processing and the affiliate sections connected, so the sale might be cancelled within a few days, but the affiliate manager isn't informed of the cancellation and may not know to reverse the sale until they are doing their regular transaction review (before transactions lock).

With a sale this size (likely a fraud attempt or somebody goofing around), the AM should have monitored it and informed you right away that it was being investigated (I usually do if there is a large sale that is potentially fake), and then follow up on the results. But sometimes they do fall through the cracks and aren't caught until the formal end-of-month review takes place.

Hope that helps...

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by PaulS
    That might have to do with the affiliate sale review procedures. Some companies, if a sale is reversed, have it tagged and can/will reverse the affiliate transaction right away.

Some companies don't have the processing and the affiliate sections connected, so the sale might be cancelled within a few days, but the affiliate manager isn't informed of the cancellation and may not know to reverse the sale until they are doing their regular transaction review (before transactions lock).

With a sale this size (likely a fraud attempt or somebody goofing around), the AM should have monitored it and informed you right away that it was being investigated (I usually do if there is a large sale that is potentially fake), and then follow up on the results. But sometimes they do fall through the cracks and aren't caught until the formal end-of-month review takes place.

Hope that helps...

Paul
    Thanks for the explanation.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread