Any interesting affects from market changes?
    Hi All

Like many of you, I have been keeping a close eye on the markets. The last few weeks we have seen the markets recover somewhat, which is a positive sign (I like to keep positive). I know our network is growing successfully at this time. But it made me think, have all of us been affected the same way? There must be some unique stories in our area of work, while we go through such an extraordinary time!

What influence have the market fluctuations had on you as an affiliate? Any interesting observations out there?

Enjoy the weekend!

Ben
    Adfinity -CPA Network
    Last edited by AdFinityBen; April 3rd, 2009 at 09:23 PM. Reason: grammer

ABW Ambassador
    >close eye on the markets

Do you mean stock markets?

Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Merchant Consultant Team
    >close eye on the markets

Do you mean stock markets?
    apparently.

I don't see any change as an affiliate, but then I think you might see a little if you were an affil of Forex programs.

I could use a little more silver in my portfolio, but that's another story.

Hey All

Yes I mean the stock markets. It seems like a lot of folks have their eye on the DOW and it reflects how they feel about the economy, and in turn how they spend their money. Has anyone noticed any interesting habits from consumers as the stocks fluctuate? Or have you done something different and unique as a result of all the inconsistencies with the stock market and the ecomomy? I'm Looking for some related neat stories, if there are any out there.

Thanks again!

Ben
    AdFinity - CPA Network

ABW Ambassador
    I don't thing the stock market is the KEY although some say it is forward looking.
    I look at the unemployment figures. When will firms begin to hire again?

I spent the weekend with a friend in Phoenix late last month.
    He is a mid level executive with Wells Fargo, a bank, force to take GOV $
    Since the takeover of Wackovia Bank the Wells stock has tanked.
    The guy will be 70 years old this year and his 401K is not in good shape.
    The Phoenix real estate market is 2nd worst in the country.

He has a job but 2 of his kids lost theirs.

That family is not in a buying mood B&M or www

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AdFinityBen
    Hey All

Yes I mean the stock markets. It seems like a lot of folks have their eye on the DOW and it reflects how they feel about the economy, and in turn how they spend their money. Has anyone noticed any interesting habits from consumers as the stocks fluctuate? Or have you done something different and unique as a result of all the inconsistencies with the stock market and the ecomomy? I'm Looking for some related neat stories, if there are any out there.

Honest thoughts: the typical (sizeable majority) of consumers do not know what the stock market is about, much less do they adjust their spending based on their following of the market. The average consumer does not take the time to learn or understand Wall Street. Instead, they react to what NBC, CBS, ABC and MSN tells them is "happening." I don't mean this as tongue in cheek sarcasm, but as a point blank observation of reality - so shoot or don't shoot the messenger.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

I think MCT is right, people need jobs to have confidence to buy (instead of save) - just look at what Orman said on Oprah this week -- pay the min on CC and save, save, save.

Alan is also correct, the masses are completely reactionary to the specific information presented via the news channels, most have no idea what the DJIA is much less what stocks make it up and yet even less what makes it go up or down. But if the news can promote confidence then poof they might buy (if they have jobs and spare $).

Edited to add:

No End in Sight to Job Losses; 663,000 More Cut in March
    By PETER S. GOODMAN and JACK HEALY
    The U.S. unemployment rate reached 8.5 percent, its highest level in a quarter-century, in a sign of the severity of the downturn.
    That serves as a good example of the above - more "job losses" and "no end in sight"
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

My ROI over the last few months has mirrored stock market performance. But, I firmly believe that it has more to do with how the media is spinning the news. If CNN has headlines like, "DOW drops 500 points" or "Stock market at lowest since 1982", then it is probably going to be a bad day for me. I've actually marveled at the trend and have discussed it with several people. My wife didn't believe me at first, then after awhile, she would say, "The stock market tanked, I bet you had a bad day"... And she was always right...

I tend to be in tune with this type of trending because about 88% of my traffic is PPC, my traffic and sales volume is high enough to give a decent statistical sampling, and I track ROI very closely on a daily basis, along with historical trends.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Well put Mr. DP! Over and out
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Awesome all, thanks for the stories. It is an interesting time that's for sure. I hope everyone had a nice weekend.

Ben
    AdFinity - CPA Network

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread