New Yankee Stadium
    Hey All

What does everyone think of New Yankee Stadium? For me, it's sad to see a storied baseball team like the Yanks in a shinny new multi billion dollar masterpiece with no history, anyone else feel the same?

Ben
    AdFinity - CPA Network

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    The greed and total lack of concern for the fan or for the game of baseball as expressed in every action by the original Steinbrenner felon and his stupid offspring is despicable. The true tragedy of the new y stadium is that they have priced the real fan out of the stadium, to never again afford to see their team play.

I have a friend who lived in LA for 30 years until he retired two years ago. He bought an apartment in ny - walking distance from the stadium - with the intent of spending summers in ny to go to yankee games.

Now, two seasons later, he canceled his season tickets and bought seats for only a couple of dozen games and his ny apartment will be occupied for only three months this year.

Conversely, the McCorts have restored now 47-year-old Dodger Stadium to its original splendor (but with modern convenience), disdaining the calls for a new stadium. Prices are much higher as they are throughout sports, but not near to the obscene prices in ny, where some individual game seats sell for as much as $2,625.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
    The true tragedy of the new y stadium is that they have priced the real fan out of the stadium, to never again afford to see their team play.
    Exactly
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Conversely, the McCorts have restored now 47-year-old Dodger Stadium to its original splendor (but with modern convenience), disdaining the calls for a new stadium.
    Now if only the Dodgers had stayed in Brooklyn... Three teams in a city would be much better than just two.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua
    Now if only the Dodgers had stayed in Brooklyn... Three teams in a city would be much better than just two.
    You don't want the Giants back too?
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

You don't want the Giants back too?
    Eh, no big loss there

Best stadium I've been to in the last few years was Wrigley Field. Talk about character and history, eh?
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Many very happy days spent at Wrigley field! It is unique

Wrigley does have a lot of character. Sitting in the upper deck reminded me of the old Tiger Stadium, where you feel like you are right on top of the players.

Nowadays most parks, especially the upper decks aren't so close to the field. I'm probably a bit of a homer, but the new tigers stadium Comerica Park is a very nice place to watch a game as well.

It will be weird watching the Yankees in a new stadium this year, but I think the way they went out at the old stadium, with a just a regular season game against Baltimore instead of a playoff game or championship is what was really sad.

agreed david s. 12 years straight in the playoffs and then they leave baseballs most historic building after a regular season game! very sad.

i just think that people are so caught up with new things, you cannot replace the memories in yankee stadium, Ruth, DiMaggio, Mantle, etc etc, why get a new stadium! it was the most unique place to play in, you can't beat it.

tickets prices are crazy, the days are over when you go to the old ball park with your pops and watch your favorite player! a big loss to baseball. i hope the keep fenway.

ben
    adfinity - cpa network

The team hasn't been much to watch lately but The Kansas City Royals (Kauffman) Stadium is a beautiful ballpark.

Beautiful fountains, etc. And they have done some renovations this year to upgrade a lot of the concourse areas to make them wider and easier to navigate. Lots of new, neat stuff without tearing down a stadium and starting over.

Sheri

Shea Stadium baby... Go METS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ETRdahir
    Shea Stadium baby... Go METS!!!
    Oh, you mean the parking lot for Citi Field.

Affiliate Manager
    I know I'm digging up an older thread but I think that any stadium that turns Johnny Damon in to a power hitter has to be stopped. It's like they are playing on a softball field.

New Yankee Stadium
    Best stadium, it is unique,

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian123
    Best stadium, it is unique,
    So unique that they built it to be as close to the old stadium as possible.

It's sad, and it's hard to come to terms with the Yankees playing in a new stadium without history and memories attached to it, but I still think it is beautiful.
    Jason
    [url=http://www.bhphoto.com/]B&H Photo[/url] :|: [url=http://www.bhphotovideo.com/find/affiliates.jsp]Join Our Affiliate Program[/url] :|: [URL=https://signup.cj.com/member/brandedPublisherSignUp.do?air_refmerchantid=2478435]Join on CJ[/URL]
    email: Jasonn at BHphoto.com

Ben – The AIM Group
    Hitting lots of homeruns in the new park! Bronx bombers are back!

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread