time and money. I am trying to generate hits to my site. So far I am not successful. I've been at this for 3 month finding away to generate hits. I have tried everything. I placed my sites in the search engines. I've tried sites that places your site in the search engines.
    Can someone give me some ideals that can be helpful for me that doesnt cost alot?
    I am getting discourage

Thanks for your time

Just4dads.org
    [A hug can mean alot to a child.]

Google AdWords works pretty well for me on my ecommerce sites. But you really have to work on getting the right keywords. How are your sites rank on the search engines?

Thank you,

Online Shopping Deals Directory
    Give us 1 link and we'll give you 4 links back

ABW Ambassador
    If it's the just4dads.org site you're talking about, you need something in the title tag.

"I've tried sites that places your site in the search engines."

I wouldn't do that, just get links into your site and the search engines will find you.

As far as spending money for traffic, i recommend INK submissions and Adwords. I would spend the day reading the search engine forums down below, you should find all the answers there.

I work in lounge pants

As usual, excellent points by Trusty.

Hitting it on the head with:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>just get links into your site and the search engines will find you.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gee, do lounge pants make you smarter?

Karl Smith >>> phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here
    ---------
    Beware Parasiteware! It is stealing your money! >>> click here to learn more

Google AdWords is the only thing that has worked for me. I've tried other pay-per-click options but none of them brought me any results. It was just a waste of money. Google can work out very expensive too if you're not careful so you have to play around with different keywords a bit. Also, whatever you do, don't sign up with one of those sites that promise to send you thousands of visitors for a fee - it's a BIG rip-off (been there, done that!). Good luck, and remember everyone has to start from scratch so don't expect results immediately. I've been in this game now for just over a year, and am still trying to reach that illusive 4-figure a month mark.

I see you have some Yahoo listings so that's a start.

Have you analyzed your desired keywords ? Maybe you're targeting terms that nobody searches for ?

<hr>
    Leave the gun, take the cannolis.

My standard recommendation here is to NOT use ANY of the pay per click search engines until you get things rolling and start seeing some success with your site. As you learn what works and what doesn't, you'll tweak your site. This can make a huge difference in conversions. If you're paying for clicks to a poorly converting site, you're throwing your money away.

Google AdWords is the best of the PPC search options, as far as I'm concerned. Overture is a close second. Once you're ready, they're definitely the way to go.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

ABW Ambassador
    Just like Michael said. Make sure you have a converting website, then experiment with different keyword combinations until you get it working for you.

ABW Ambassador
    I kinda do it a little differently. I use Adwords to test merchants and to test what will work on my site. It's a lot quicker, might cost you a little money, but you might make some. For instance, the last couple of days i used Adwords to test a couple of SAS merchants and they both converted, so they now have a place on my site and i actually got a 20% return from my Adwords. I don't know if i would use it to see if a site converts, but i use it to see if merchants convert, especially indys I don't want to spend months finding out when i can find out in a day or two.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread