Thoughts on adgregate's shopads(TM)
    From their site:
    ...an innovative advertising technology that enables customers to complete secure purchase transactions within Flash-based ad banners. With Adgregate Markets, transactions are made directly through the ad widget without needing to divert customers away from publishers' web sites.
    So, basically it's a flash banner ad unit that allows the end user to checkout within the ad (in an iframe) on the affiliate's site.

I don't know if it's the best idea to make the end user simply trust the little padlock icon in the banner to think it's actually secure ... many copy cat systems could emerge to harvest info for CC fraud, identity theft and the like. I'm also shocked that merchants would allow "checkout on the affiliate site" even if it's within an iframe. That all said I think it's a really innovative set up and a smart set up to facilitate a more targetted sale within even fewer clicks.

What are your thoughts?
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

1. affil must really really trust the merchant?

2. I see a "get widget" link -- hopefully the affiliate ID travels with it . . .

3. affil must really trust the merchant.

http and a telephoto
    I don't think shoppers will trust making a purchase in a little box. It seems to be working off the Amazon Astore concept, but that is a full page on a website and it is a trusted merchant that both shoppers and affiliates are comfortable with.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I think it has its market (assuming it's secure, etc)...

I can imagine purchasing ring tones, MP3's, etc in that kind of venue. Perhaps it will grow from there?

Today's younger consumers are much different than the ones I have been good at targeting for the last 7 years. This might just fly for that group.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

This will appeal to the same demographics that think nothing of downloading anything that is FREEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

It's pretty and easy to use. I'm sure it will be a hit
    CharPaula
    Staying focused on the bottomline

The widget itself might or might not be secure, but I don't see myself entering CC info on a non-secure page in the near future.
    Would it be that hard to spoof?

And what about the non tech-savvy people who do buy something. When there's a problem with their order or their CC, who're they going to blame?

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by simcat
    And what about the non tech-savvy people who do buy something. When there's a problem with their order or their CC, who're they going to blame?
    Exactly. I don't want people coming back to *me* because they bought something "From my site" when they really didn't.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread