Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    North Carolina State Tax Refund
    I filed both my Federal and State return electronically on March 4th. I received my Federal return via EFT about 10 days later. It's been over a month and my NC refund is still in process. I did a little googling and did find that NC is running behind on issuing refunds. Related to the $2B budget deficit the state is in?

It really does make me wonder what states do with all that money. I really feel, warranted or not, that the federal and local government are probably really bad stewards of the revenue they get through sales tax, income tax, property tax, etc, etc, etc.

Maybe the old joke is true. The gov really does spend $400 on a hammer that you or I would spend $10 for at home depot or lowes.

I have always wondered how much money is spent on the IRS in the form of buildings, employees, supplies, etc. I bet that has got to be insane.

Affiliate Manager GlobalGolf-Amanda's Avatar
    SB: We're in the same boat. I filed my return in early Feb. and am still waiting for my state refund. The online status showed that there was a problem and I was to call, but when I did they just said, oh, it's in process.

I too wonder where my money is now... nothing like 15 months of free interest for the state on my money. Can you adjust how much is withheld for state taxes in NC?
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Amanda Moralis
    GlobalGolf.com | GolfShoesOnly.com | TaylorMadeGolfPreOwned.com
    [URL=https://signup.cj.com/member/brandedPublisherSignUp.do?air_refmerchantid=2132449]Join our affiliate program![/URL] | [URL=http://globalgolfaff.blogspot.com/]GlobalGolf & GSO Affiliate Blog[/URL] | [URL=http://feeds.feedburner.com/ggaffs/]Coupon Feed[/URL]

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    You sure can.

Seymour,

Living right next door in SC, I had doubts about getting my refund in a timely manner because of reported SC's shortfall of funds. The state had to borrow cash from the feds to make unemployment payments earlier this year. I got my refund in about two weeks .

Why do you guys over pay your taxes in the first place?

Some states charge an income tax?

Another reason to love Texas!
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    I haven't received the last 5 years of California tax returns due me - Nasty business - if we don't pay them, I'm sure we couldn't get away with it. They are stealing from us and we're letting them. Who ya gonna call? City Hall?! LOL
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Its not always over paying taxes, exemptions rock, dependants rock little things rock. Moving rocks, buying a car rocks. And sometimes not owing the federal or state rocks and knowing that they owe you is even better. LOL@ sometimes

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread