Losing Patience w/ CJ and the Rest...
    Maybe it is time for a vacation, but I am totally losing my patience with all the screw ups going on w/ the different networks.

CJ has a screwed up drop down menu that makes it impossible to work swiftly.

GAN is bouncing checks and has an antiquated system for checking payments.

Linkshare is so s-l-o-w I can cook dinner between getting links.

And SAS has been a major disappointment in its policy change.

You would think during this highly difficult economy, these companies would be working extra hard to be a cut above the rest, but the opposite seems to be happening.

No wonder the economy is crumbling with this type of performance viewed as acceptable by top management and the owners of "top" companies.

Got that off my chest....................
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

ABW Ambassador
    I think I heard someone complaining about SAS for the first time in this forum.
    I never liked SAS for its somewhat clumsy interface and lack of name well know merchants.

How do I do the little applause emoticon? Guess the big thumb will have to do.

Oi, I could rant for a day and a night just on Linkshare's horrible user interface...
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Affiliate networks exhibit the same mentality, progressive thinking, and overall excellence of so many major American companies that have seen their products fall apart, their stock drop 98%, their executives receive $100 million bonus packages, and then obtain $25 billion government bailouts. There is great profit in planned obsolescence.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

My best merchants are still three indies that I have been working with for the last 5, 7 and 9 years respectively. White label product displays and shopping carts = no parasites, no bogus coupon situations, and no toolbars. Two of those indies have real time stats and the other has a daily update, all of which are accurate and detailed.

I still plan to work with SAS, but before I apply to any merchant I will check to see if they are a member of the F/W toolbar/parasite program. If they are I won't touch them. As far as LS, CJ and GAN - ah...so sad.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

I've been disappointed with the networks for some time now.

I was really impressed with them five years ago and looked forward to all the things they could do in this industry.

Five years later, they are pretty much the same networks with the same intefaces.
    [URL=http://www.investeverymonth.com]InvestEveryMonth.com[/URL] - Build Wealth

That's right, Leeann, everything you mentioned is disheartening and has contributed to my situation written in this thread: http://forum.abestweb.com/showpost.p...54&postcount=5

but an affiliate must ask: should the negative conditions mentioned above stop the affiliate? Or should the affiliate make the best out of what he or she has until there's a way to circumnavigate the situation? The solution is not an easy task.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7
    .....but an affiliate must ask: should the negative conditions mentioned above stop the affiliate? Or should the affiliate make the best out of what he or she has until there's a way to circumnavigate the situation? The solution is not an easy task.
    Good points Rhia!!

The ongoing issues can't stop me. This is how I make my living. What it does do is dictate what/where I spend my time and if an affiliate network makes it too difficult for me to do what I need to do within a reasonable amount of time, I have no choice but move on to the next company.

I agree tho -- when in a bad frame of mind, it doesn't take much at times for me to throw my hands up in the air and go do anything but work on the sites. In reality I should get tougher and just keep plugging away...

Luckily I don't stay "out" too long the desire (fear) to survive always comes back into play.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Quote Originally Posted by leeann
    I agree tho -- when in a bad frame of mind, it doesn't take much at times for me to throw my hands up in the air and go do anything but work on the sites. In reality I should get tougher and just keep plugging away...
    Sometimes situations caused by networks (i.e. big factors that are written up on ABW: policy changes, accounting glitches, toolbars, etc... -- even something small like a glitch in the functioning of one of the networkwork's or a specific online merchant's gizmos to create product images) can discourage the affiliate; add that discouragement to negative situations in "real life" and that can cause an affiliate to neglect sites or to abandon the endeavor temporarily.

You are right, Leeann, when you say, "In reality I should get tougher and just keep plugging away..."
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

"Just keep plugging away ... " probably is the answer to the whole deal, isn't it?

I can't count the hours -- even DAYS! -- I've wasted all together over the last couple of years fretting over some stupid merchant or network stuff, when I realized later that I should have used the time and energy to get something productive done.

*sigh* if it were easy, we'd all be among the idle rich. LOL!
    Generate more fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by writerguy
    I can't count the hours -- even DAYS! -- I've wasted all together over the last couple of years fretting over some stupid merchant or network stuff, when I realized later that I should have used the time and energy to get something productive done.
    That's right, Writerguy. Now on top of those hours and days add the time devoted to cultivating other venues such as: [examples but not a definitive listing] Myspace, Facebook, and Twitter.
    It's great to get involved with web 2.0 sites/other venues but even as one participates in them one can easily get distracted. As an example, I love current events and my Facebook page has thousands of bookmarked articles: this is an example of how something else on the web that is interesting can distract me at times from working on my own sites -- even though I originally joined such venues with the intention of promoting my own sites.

My cousin told me: "You are Facebook's major contributor." That could be taken as a compliment or not
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Linkshare is so s-l-o-w I can cook dinner between getting links.
    This is my favorite
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by writerguy
    I can't count the hours -- even DAYS! -- I've wasted all together over the last couple of years fretting over some stupid merchant or network stuff...
    OMG..me too.. that is why I am so glad I found this site. Now when I feel like I am about to explode, I come here and vent and get partially over it (or at least get over some things). Bottom-line, we know regardless of how we feel THEY will do what they want, when they want, so a lot of that frustrated energy we get to enjoy without their participation

Now...if I can just be as perfect as I expect THEM to be
    leeann

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Now...if I can just be as perfect as I expect THEM to be
    It's not being perfect, it's caring whether or not you are perfect. We, as affiliates, for the most part, especially among the members of ABW, seem to care, and though knowing "perfect" can seldom if ever be reached, actually spend unknown hours trying. The networks, on the other hand, in general, seem to not care, and make virtually no effort to even try.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread