Inspired by a Sig
    I like Knight01's signiture:
    Someday starts today
    Tonight I updated a web page that hasn't been updated in 2 years (ouch!)

I hope I keep on updating -- who knows? Maybe I'll be on to something

Thanks for the inspiration, Knight01
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

That is a nice sig......and wow 2 years I thought I was bad in not updating one of mine in 5 months! Looks like I have a little work to do!!!

ABW Ambassador
    2 years? I wonder how many merchants are not with the same network, or even still in business in those 2 years that have past.

So much changes so quickly in this business, can we really wait even a few weeks without updating?

Affiliate Network Rep ayakobing's Avatar
    I really like this "Someday starts today" because I do not like the "could have/should have" stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by ayakobing
    I really like this "Someday starts today" because I do not like the "could have/should have" stuff!
    I'm a pro at "could have/should have"

Sometimes real life interferes with Net life

Sometimes stuff that happens on the Net interferes with Internet life

Sometimes the ideas in one's mind become too complicated and the site[s] become a formidable obstacle -- it's best to tackle things one step at a time
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7
    I'm a pro at "could have/should have"

Sometimes real life interferes with Net life

Sometimes stuff that happens on the Net interferes with Internet life

Sometimes the ideas in one's mind become too complicated and the site[s] become a formidable obstacle -- it's best to tackle things one step at a time
    Thanks, Rhia, for calling attention to that nifty sig file message. This thread comes at a particularly good time for me. I have spent the last two days really trying to get a workable plan in place for all I should/would/could be doing -- and this really hit me just right.

Talk about "synchronicity" -- I also just an hour ago read a GREAT "plan" spoken by one of the characters in a novel I'm reading. It fits right into this idea:

"I have principles for a hard job. One, start now. Two, work every day. Three, finish. That's the only way you get it done and any other way is a lie."

Why, heck, we keep this up, we might just all inspire ourselves and motivate each other to action.
    Generate more fake news.

Outsourced Program Manager GregJr-CMC's Avatar
    Great sig Knight01 It reminds me of a saying that I took a liking to a few months back, "you pay the price today for tomorrow success". This has really helped me in a few areas, family and business, hopefully it will help many others as well.
    [b]Greg Rice Jr.[/b]
    Affiliate Program Management
    [url="http://www.gocmc.com/"]www.gocmc.com[/url]
    info(@)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223 | AIM/Yahoo:[font=Verdana]GregJrCMC[/font] | MSN: [font=Verdana][email="GregJrCMC@live.com"]GregJrCMC@live.com[/email][/font] | ICQ: [font=Verdana]416241443[/font] |

Join us! - [url="http://www.gocmc.com/freelance-work-exchange-affiliate-program.php"]GoFreelance[/url] | [url="http://www.gocmc.com/magsforless_surplusmags.php"]SurplusMags / MagsForLess[/url] | [url="http://www.gocmc.com/print-country-affiliate-program.php"]PrintCountry[/url] | [url="http://www.gocmc.com/nannies4hire-affiliate-program.php"]Nannies4hire / Babysitters4hire[/url] | [size=2][url="http://www.gocmc.com/discount-candle-cheese-supply-affiliate-program.php"]DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply[/url][/size][size=1][size=2] [/size][/size]

Quote Originally Posted by writerguy
    Why, heck, we keep this up, we might just all inspire ourselves and motivate each other to action.
    Sounds good, I'm up for mutual motivation

I'd rather write about the theories of action that I am doing to accomplish improvement in my site[s] than to put the actual site[s] on display (at least for now).
    Perhaps my actions could inspire others.

I haven't been to LS for a while (partly due to the bruhaha that's been going on).

I decided to check into LS. I think I have 3 channels right now.

Why is it that a merchant will approve me in one channel yet in another I receive the message: "You have been permanently declined from this Program. " Wow! What did I do?????
    "Permanently declined" -- What?? Is all hope lost?
    Do I have to wear a scarlet letter? Am I banished from society???

Anyway I went through long lists of different merchants on LS ... I think I'll create a few pages with products from merchants who have accepted me
    [I'd like to get revenge upon those who said I was "Permanently declined" ]
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7
    I like Knight01's signiture:

Thanks for the inspiration, Knight01
    I'm glad you like it Rhia7. I'm certainly guilty of planning and reviewing and stat checking myself into inaction. I did the sig as a simple reminder to me that "The future I want to have has to start now". Hopefully others will find some motivation in it as well.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

I am so guilty of the tweak it some more, research some more and don't go live till its perfect mentality

Finally I have got my head wrapped around the - looks good, goes live and then tweak

BTW, anyone questions that philosophy - a site that I am still tweaking has already begun to generate revenue. DOH!!!

It is a hard fought lesson and I struggle everyday to avoid slipping back into the "its not ready yet - its got to be perfect before it goes live" mode. I can psychobabble this to death but think those that can go with "its good enough" are the winners in the affilliate marketplace.

All the motivation and inspiration has lead me to finally grasp what is really important. Staying focused on the bottom line.
    CharPaula
    Staying focused on the bottomline

Yup, I like it!

Update
    *Someday starts today*
    I like this sig because it offers a concrete suggestion

I'm going to follow a site that offers step-by-step suggestions. Each of my sites will through the steps of Usability.gov
    The site covers the planning stages, the analysis, the design and subsequent testing. The topics on this site can offer help to any affiliate
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread