Exclamation An ABW favicon Image... Why We don't Have One?...
    I have to admit that for the last few years, I really didn't worry too much about it...

First, because when I first bookmarked ABW on 03', ABW was usually listed on the top of my favorites URL's because of the alphabetical listing of links by the browser, and second, because before I upgraded my computer last December, usually the Windows icon cache file would never display all of my bookmarked sites favicon anyway...

But now, after a few months of taking advantage of my new bigger HD, and bookmarking many new sites, I have noticed that my favorite ABW URL site is becoming lost in the shuffle of sites that began with the letter "A", and without a favicon.ico image, so now I wonder...

With over 50k members, and all the years that ABW have being online, I find it strange that no one else have made a comment about ABW not having an favicon.ico image , even tho I have found some old threads talking about the favicon.ico image, dating back to 02'!

Anyway, the favicon Image may not be an importan issue to many people here, because they never log out, but feel free to give your imput about it...

Btw, yesterday I was going post a favicon Image suggestion on the old suggestion forum, but I noticed that, that forum no longer exists, so that's why I am making this post here today.

I see one in Firefox
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Firefox AND Safari on my Mac.

Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Well, I thought that IE7 would show it, but since I don't use Firefox, I guess I am out of luck on that one.

Thanks for the replies!

Maybe Haiko can figure out why it doesn't show in IE.

Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

strange.

all my favicons for my sites show in IE7, but not Abestweb.

Never noticed this because I don't use IE. Strangely enough most of my visitors are IE users though.

HTML Code:
    <link rel="icon" href="http://www.abestweb.com/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">
    <link rel="shortcut icon" href="http://www.abestweb.com/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">
    This seems to be the same set up that Google uses on their site and it works in IE.

Mine don't work in IE and I quite worrying about it a while back. Maybe I should though.

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    Hadn't given mine much thought lately, but my favicon was changed shortly after 9/11 to a red, white and blue flag ribbon and I decided to keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by ladidah
    strange.

all my favicons for my sites show in IE7, but not Abestweb.
    Internet Explorer works in mysterious ways. While Firefox and Safari display the favicon by default when you visit the website, with IE, you actually have to bookmark the website. And if you have an old bookmark of ABW, then it will display whatever the favicon was then (if any). So, in order to fix things, delete ALL the old ABW bookmarks, clear cache, and then bookmark ABW again and it should display.
    Alex
    AlexBet.com - Professional Website Design, Website Development, Mobile App Development!

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"
    Benjamin Franklin

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread