Public image and private image are often very different...
    What some perceive as arrogance could be perceived quite differently to their friends and associates who are used to (and at times even amused by) the arrogance of ambitious people.
    They are often admired for it in private.

The problem of the rich is arrogance.

A lot of these people live in their own little worlds.

Their special little worlds; thickly padded in velvets and silks. And lined with retinues of gilded sycophants. The "I-Am-And-You’re-Not" world.

The whole point of rising up the social ladder is to leave others behind. Wealth allows and condones that.

We’ve all, every last one of us, rich or poor, experienced that in one form or another and from one side of the aisle or the other.

What an interesting post. Are you looking to spark up a conversation about this, or make a statement?

-patrice

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    The problem of the rich is arrogance.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is it? Or do you have a problem with it?

---------------------------------------
    But it beats a real j.o.b.

The simple rules as far as I'm concerned are:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Do not question authority
    <LI>Consume
    <LI>Watch TV
    <LI>No independent thought
    <LI>Marry and reproduce
    <LI>Conform
    <LI>Stay asleep
    <LI>Work 8 hours - Sleep 8 hours - Play 8 hours
    <LI>Surrender
    <LI>Doubt humanity
    <LI>Submit
    <LI>No ideas[/list]

I guess this is what's generally perceived as common sense..

________
    "All your commission are belong to us." - Slimeware Corporation

ABW Ambassador
    I've known a few rich people and true, some were arrogant but not enough to paint all with a broad brush. I once worked for a company where it took over a week for me to find out that the man I thought was the janitor was actually the owner of the company. The only work I had seen him do was empty wastebaskets and tidy up the office kitchen. I don't think he had an arrogant bone in his body.

It also turned out that he was one of the wealthiest people in the rather affluent county. Yet he would hang around the CAD department for hours annoying us all with tech questions and dreaming up incredibly complex solutions for simple problems. When we seemed to be at the end of our patience, he would take the department out for lunch.

Many more notable wealthy individuals have done much more to use their wealth in positive ways, including opposing some of the policies being promoted that clearly benefit only the already wealthy. This sort of clouds the so-called issue of "class warfare."

We do have a problem with the rich, but it isn't necessarily those rich in wealth. It is with arrogance in those rich in authority.

Wayne

I've heard so many people who complain about the rich, dislike the rich and avoid contact with the rich. I guess that's why they're not.

Ernie

It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

I'm going to assume we're talking about *financially* rich people here. The ones with the REAL money are the ones you most likely would never expect to have it. They don't talk about it, they don't flaunt it, they don't act like they're better than everyone else, and you most likely won't find them driving a Lexus replete with extra cost gold trim package, either.

Andy

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    The man who pays the most in icome taxes, donates more money to selected charities and funds computer donations to cities, here and abroad is Bill Gates. Must admit he hasn't an arrogant bone in his body. That doesn't go for his original partners nor his high paid staff.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The problem of the rich is arrogance.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I have to disagree. When I'm in a good humor I even wash my maid's dishes

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I have to disagree. When I'm in a good humor I even wash my maid's dishes <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Andy:
    I'm going to assume we're talking about *financially* rich people here. The ones with the REAL money are the ones you most likely would never expect to have it. They don't talk about it, they don't flaunt it, they don't act like they're better than everyone else, and you most likely won't find them driving a Lexus replete with extra cost gold trim package, either.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly right Andy!! I've known a few rich people and you'd never have known it by looking at them. That's one of the ways they got rich...by not squandering their money. If I ever get rich I suspect I'd be the same. Can't get me out of these old jeans and sneakers.

"Maybe this world is another planet's Hell."
    - Aldous Huxley (1894-1963)

What's rich anyway?

In 1998, Donald Trumph had net worth of -(minus)1,000,000,000.00, and he still was arrogant as an ass, and was living in solid gold penthouse.

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    >We do have a problem with the rich, but it isn't necessarily those rich in wealth. It is with arrogance in those rich in authority.

Oooo. Well said.

Jimmy James Inc. fan club membership # 3312

"But Jimmy had fancy plans, and pants to match"

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread