Why Democracy Doesn't Work
    I'm just disgusted by this response I got from my representative Joan Buchanan. It's sickening proof she didn't even read my letter about the downsides of AB 178. I've already written her back but it makes me so angry. She's supposed to represent me, not patronize me by replying with the wrong form letter!

Thank you for contacting me to express your support of AB 178 (Skinner). The intention of this bill is to collect sales tax on internet sales from retailers that use the internet as a means of doing business with any consumers in California. I believe the bill levels the playing field between internet retailers and businesses located in California. This is important because half of our job growth comes from small businesses.

Assembly Bill 178 has been referred to the Revenue and Taxation policy committee, of which I am not a member. Please be assured that I will follow this bill closely as it moves through the legislature.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write to my office. It is a privilege to represent you in the California Assembly; please contact me any time to share your thoughts and ideas.

Sincerely,

Joan Buchanan

Member – 15th Assembly District
    Last edited by affninja; April 8th, 2009 at 06:07 PM.

ABW Ambassador
    Could be a staff mistake.
    Assemblypersons don't read much of their mail.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    There is absolutely no excuse for that. If they are "too busy" and/or delegate duties to incompetent staff, they have no business in the Legislature.

As I stated in one of the early threads on AB 178, the day of or day after this issue hit ABW, I went to my Assemblyman's local office, was able to briefly describe the issue to a clerk, who told me a top aid would call me as soon as their staff meeting concluded. I'm still waiting for that call.

They can sure sniff at our doors when they want votes. Too bad this isn't an election year for the Ca. Assembly.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread