I think there is an issue with FootSmart.com. Today I had a $67,453.00 order with a $5,396.24 commission. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Two or three days ago I had an equally large order and commission from the same company. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] While I'd love to think this is just a very high EPC merchant, this has to be a mistake. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Although I'd be glad to keep the $10k! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

This has been happening to others too.

Something is screwy, and just hope they don't blame the affiliate for this (as some merchants would do in a case like this).

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, it's happened to me also.

Search Engine Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

quote:
    Something is screwy, and just hope they don't blame the affiliate for this (as some merchants would do in a case like this).

You can put money on it!

Lets see how many affiliates get deactivated for fraud before someone spots the problem.

My guess is that the merchant is entering snail mail orders manually and accidentaly triggered the affiliates cookie, so all commissions are wrongly accredited.

But we all know where the finger will point first, right?

Just trying to make an honest buck

15 years and counting
    May be it's our Christmas bonus. I have the exact same transaction. I sent an email to them, no answer.

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

Drats [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] I had the exact same transaction on Friday! So how soon before we all get that reversed? 1 day? 2 weeks? This happened to another affiliate with Footsmart last year SAME exact time of year -- they didn't reverse it til 2 weeks later. Talk about Christmas un-Cheer [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img]

With my best,

Liz
    http://Styleforfree.com

Quick thought -- did this happen to anyone running a Footsmart via Performics link?

Just curious [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

With my best,

Liz
    http://Styleforfree.com

The advertiser is passing the wrong value as the sale amount. Both the advertiser and CJ are aware of the problem and working to correct the transactions.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

quote:
    Originally posted by ToddCrawford, CJ.com:
    The advertiser is passing the wrong value as the sale amount. Both the advertiser and CJ are aware of the problem and working to correct the transactions.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

But tracking is not effected, right? LOL

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

Every day is a chance to learn something new and a opportunity to teach someone else.

$20,000 in commissions was reversed today from FootSmart. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Here is their email:

"Dear,

On November 27th our website administrator mistakenly altered the Commission Junction code from our Thank you page. The code, which pulls the customer’s revenue number, began to pull an incorrect number. We discovered this mistake this morning and have been fastidiously working with CJ on rectifying the situation.

We have identified the technical problem and corrected it on our website. We are in the process of identifying these orders in our system; whereupon CJ will reverse the transactions and we will batch upload the correct orders. Our mistake will not affect your statistics and you will receive commission for these sales.

We appreciate your business and your patience as we rectify this situation. Please call Melissa Fontenot, 678-533-2756, our Affiliate Manager, or myself directly if you have any questions or concerns.

Thank you again,
    Caroline Ernst
    Director, E-commerce
    FootSmart.com
    678-533-2752
    cernst@benchmarkbrands.com "

[This message was edited by Yikole on December 03, 2002 at 07:21 PM.]

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread