Officially a merchant now, New questions.
    Yeay, I'm officially a merchant as of today on SAS. Taking a couple days to get familiar, then moving forward with announcements and such.

So, with 3 affiliates auto-signing up in the first few hours after final merchant account activation, now I'm farther along in the game and have some new questions.

1. RE: Auto-approve. Is it better to have auto-approve on and then check new affiliates (and then potentially have to drop them), or -not- use auto-approve, check them out, then approve/decline? I don't know how wary I need to be on SAS as far as checking each affiliate app, and I'm around online enough affiliates won't have to wait long for approval.

2. I don't use/issue coupons. Might in future. If a coupon site affiliate joins, I'm not sure what to think about that. Are they just signing up and thinking that/waiting for a coupon to be released? Or? In general, I don't know whether they should be approved/declined, or how to think about that.

3. Rebate sites. Not planning on offering rebates. Same question as above.

4. Regarding Banners. I have all my banners pointed to sales pages. Should I have some pointing to the actual shopping cart purchase page so if an affiliate wants to skip the salespage they'll end up at the actual purchase page? I think I shouldn't, but looking for more information.

Thanks.

Ok, several more affiliate signups later...

I assume that the website that shows on the application is the one that the affiliate plans on using to advertise the merchant product.

It seems to me that some of these site/blog themes have nothing at all to do my product theme.

I now get to learn/decide who to say yes and no to, and what criteria I'll be using for that. Hmmmmm. Thoughts and advice?

Arrow
    Quote Originally Posted by joshtck
    Ok, several more affiliate signups later...

I assume that the website that shows on the application is the one that the affiliate plans on using to advertise the merchant product.

It seems to me that some of these site/blog themes have nothing at all to do my product theme.

I now get to learn/decide who to say yes and no to, and what criteria I'll be using for that. Hmmmmm. Thoughts and advice?
    Hi Joshua,

First, don't assume anything (You should know what the old saying say about assuming. )

Second, you haven't mentioned what's your product theme on this thread so far, but if by reading your first post on ABW, if your product line have something to do with dvd's, then I don't see how can you be soo picky about where your affiliates might try to promote your product...

Third, remember that if your product is not something that special or specific, then almost any affiliate may take a chance on your program and put some links to it on their sites...

Fourth, just because one of your affiliates may list a shoes site on the application, that doesn't mean that they can't promote a merchant that sells only a "Get Well DVD", too...

Example: Just remember that old song from Nancy Sinatra: "These Boots are made for Walkin"

Fifth, just like you should never judge a book by its cover, you should also never judge an affiliate, just because the only website listed on their application, may look like it's not compatible with your product line...

I would suggest you first ask the affiliate directly before you dump their application, just because it was cloudy, and you didn't saw the light at the end of the tunnel...

Thanks for all that Mr. Sal.

And that is exactly why I was asking the question. I'm not being judgmental, I'm just suddenly presented with a bunch of new information I'm not sure what to think about it all. Can't even judge yet.

I'm not concerned with 'picky' so much as want to keep an eye out for any 'bad' anything like toolbars and such, and just at the moment it all looks new.

Trying to figure it all out. Live and learn. Good times.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread