Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    got an iphone, what was I waiting for?
    I got an ipone for Valentines day from my wonderful hubster. I didn't understand why people made such a big deal about them and, frankly, I thought my treo was superior.

OMG was I wrong! This baby rocks. It's faster, sleeker and so easy to use for EVERYTHING. I am officially stating my status as an iphone convert.

there... I said it.
    Danay @ LunaSolMedia.com
    Global Perfomance Marketing. Global Niche Markets = Opportunity!
    HispanicYa!|MallFreebies

I dwell in possibility. ~Emily Dickinson

http and a telephoto
    I need another cell tower built closer to home, ATT has zero bars here. Will wait a while longer to switch from my Blackberry

Glad you are enjoying it, it's like a cult once people get them
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

yeah, I'm so sold. Then my husband saw how crazy I got over it and he bought himself one too. So now we're ridiculous.

Frankly, I can't stand us right now. lol
    Danay @ LunaSolMedia.com
    HispanicYa!|MallFreebies

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by danay
    I got an ipone for Valentines day from my wonderful hubster. I didn't understand why people made such a big deal about them and, frankly, I thought my treo was superior.

OMG was I wrong! This baby rocks. It's faster, sleeker and so easy to use for EVERYTHING. I am officially stating my status as an iphone convert.

there... I said it.
    Quote Originally Posted by danay
    yeah, I'm so sold. Then my husband saw how crazy I got over it and he bought himself one too. So now we're ridiculous.

Frankly, I can't stand us right now. lol
    Danay,

Can you please stop it, with the ipone propaganda?

I want one too, I think I need one, but since I don't talk on the phone, I refuse to buy one, because I been told that if I don't get a phone# to go along with it, that then I can't use it for the other goodies.

Red face
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sal
    Can you please stop it, with the ipone
    Amazing!

Three hours later, and I just realized that I don't even know how to spell "iphone"

Cool phone, eh? I still have the "original" and I never regretted giving up my BlackBerry. But it is soon time to upgrade - I can make use of the GPS features.

Enjoy!
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Things I love about my iPhone:
    • The apps rock. Just about anything you could want!
    • Using it to check my email when I'm out.
    • Web browsing.
    • GPS when I don't have my normal GPS with me. I hear the next upgrade should have an even better turn by turn GPS.
    • Having my favorite photos synced to the iPhone.
    • Having all my Google Contacts automatically synced to the phone.
    • Watching movies and TV shows. (I rip them from my DVDs using DVD Fab - cropped to 480x320, 384kbps fixed bitrate, 32kbps audio, makes a 2 hour movie about 400mb with fair quality.)
    • Alarm clock when traveling.
    One of the only things I don't like is that the battery life is awful. Get an external battery. I picked up an iMax 5000mah one on eBay for $50 or $60. Without it, I can't make it through a heavy day's usage. With it, I can easily go a couple days.

The screen scratches pretty easy. Get a protective cover (the scratchproof film that "glues" on) ASAP. You can find it for well under $5 on eBay.

Many people don't like AT&T. They're not my first choice, but they're decent here and most places I travel, so I don't have a problem with them.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Oddly enough, one of the things I like the most about my iPhone is it's ability to entertain my daughter on long road trips. I've got about 10 "How Its Made" episodes, some Discovery Channel specials, and simple free games. I save the phone until she starts to get too loud/antsy then pull it out. Now if only I could figure out how to bulk delete photos from the phone so I could get rid of the 100 photos of the back of my head while I was driving...
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

Sal, if you got an iphone you could find an app to fix that

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sal
    Amazing!

Three hours later, and I just realized that I don't even know how to spell "iphone"
    Danay @ LunaSolMedia.com
    HispanicYa!|MallFreebies

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by isellstuff
    Now if only I could figure out how to bulk delete photos from the phone so I could get rid of the 100 photos of the back of my head while I was driving...
    OMG - this made me LOL!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Danay, I think you've just convinced me to get an iPhone already. Been hesitating and debating between an iphone or a blackberry.

LOL that you and hubby have become so obnoxious over your phones that you're over yourselves.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Hubby has been hinting for one for his birthday in May. Mine follows in June so I'll drop hints now too. So danay, we are the next pathetic couple on the list!

Michael those are some great points and features. I think the main reason for me to get one is so I can find my car in the parking lot! That alone is worth the price.

I got my first iPhone 4 or 5 days ago. I am not sure that I really need it, and in fact it makes me wonder if I'm loosing my tight wad ways. Running on the web with it on wifi is really a lot faster than their much hyped 3G.

I only added one app so far, as I want to take it slow and learn all the features. I'm trying to settle on something like RoboForm for iPhone, and any tips would be appreciated.

I'm hoping it will inspire me to learn more about designing sites that work with the mobile web.

We are making a big switch here and dumping our conventional land line. We will have 2 cell phones and a Skype phone number. With the phone number folks can call us with their regular phones and not have to use their PC.

The phone company will give us DSL without the phone. We are in a small independent exchange and we hardly call anyone local. Everybody we call is in the next exchange over and they are all long distance calls.

Quote Originally Posted by John Powell
    I got my first iPhone 4 or 5 days ago. ... I only added one app so far ... We are making a big switch here and dumping our conventional land line. We will have 2 cell phones and a Skype phone number. ...
    The apps are what makes the iPhone. I'll try to post a list of some of the main ones I use sometime.

FYI, you can install the Skype app and use it to make calls over WiFi without using your minutes. We were out of the county last month and were able to make over 2 hours worth of calls home for FREE by using Skype when we had WiFi access. That would have been hundreds of dollars.

For a real cool example of something that utilize the special features of the iPhone, open the Calculator app and then turn it sideways.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

http and a telephoto
    Start an app list and you will probably swing over those folks that are teetering on the fence!
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    FYI, you can install the Skype app and use it to make calls over WiFi without using your minutes.
    Man that made my night. I got the Skype app and it works great. I can see how that would save on minutes and hot spots are all over.

I'll try to post a list of some of the main ones I use sometime.
    I'm looking forward to that and anyone else who would like to post their favorite apps. Sure beats trial and error.

Ya iPhone is the best cell phone I have purchased. With the apps and easy email setup and use, its great for business and work. I recommend getting one to everyone looking for a new complete phone.

Ben
    AdFinity - CPA Network

Favorite apps;

mini piano,
    fastlane, (motion sensor race game)
    iShoot (tank shooting game)
    allRecipes,
    last.fm,
    iStockManager (if you have a tdameritrade account),
    finger drum,
    skype,
    snapTell (compares prices on books, movies music)
    trapster (tells about red light cameras, police traps etc)
    shake and spell (spelling game)
    google app (talk to search)
    textFree (lets you send and receive txt msgs for free, but no auto notification)

Some tips;

- To take a screenshot, press and hold home and power button at the same time

- To move or remove apps, press and hold on one app, they'll all start shaking

- To make ringtones from your music thgat are not purchased from itunes, see this vid:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUfC4SVa_pQ

my favorite apps:

facebook
    rss reader
    pandora (OMG this is awesome)
    gMaps
    Twitterfon
    Translator
    Minipiano
    Craigsphone (craigslist app that remembers my location and favorite stuff)
    Flixster - look up movies & times
    Danay @ LunaSolMedia.com
    HispanicYa!|MallFreebies

I have heard good things about the iphone, but bad things about the so called 3G networks. Since you are so happy, you must get good reception in your area. Have you traveled with it yet or had problems with no/slow service. Probably the main concern stopping me from switching over to the iphone side.
    [URL=http://www.investeverymonth.com]InvestEveryMonth.com[/URL] - Build Wealth

From the above suggestions I grabbed:

pandora (amazing)
    google mobile app
    snapTell

My nephew turned me on to Shazam today. It will listen to a song and give you all of the info fast. I tried it by turning on Windows Media Player with "Ride Like The Wind" by Christopher Cross. Shazam listened and knew the tune before it got to the vocal.

I have heard good things about the iphone, but bad things about the so called 3G networks.
    Not nearly as fast as wifi but tolerable.

ABW Ambassador
    Shazam is great, I have held up my iphone in a noisy bar and it still got enough of the song to find out what it was.

Okay, here are the apps I have loaded. Each page on my iPhone have different themes:

Main Page (my most used apps):

PageOnce - View all of my bank, CC, and frequent flyer accounts at a glance.
    Travelocity - Look up flight schedules, gates, security wait times, and airport delays.
    Kayak - Metasearch for flights and hotels.
    Night Camera - Takes better pictures than the built-in camera. Waits for stable picture.
    GasBag - Find cheap gas nearby. Most useful when I'm out of town.

Second Page (Restaurants, Movies, Bible, and other apps I use frequently):

TripAdvisor LocalPicks - Find highly rated nearby restaurants.
    UrbanSpoon - Another restaurant app.
    Yelp - Another restaurant app.
    CellFire - Coupons for nearby restaurants and other businesses (fairly limited).
    OpenTable - Reservations (with rewards) for higher end restaurants.
    RewardsNetwork Dining - Find nearby Rewards Network restaurants (that give FF miles for dining)
    Flixster and Showtimes - Info about movies, nearby showtimes, DVD details, etc.
    eBay - Search and buy on eBay.
    Facebook - easy interface to Facebook.
    Mantis Bible - the best free Bible I've found.
    PhoneFlix - access and update NetFlix queue.
    Skype - Free calls over Wifi (won't call over 3G).
    Kindle - Amazon's book reader - there are some decent free books.
    USA Today - Good for news, weather, and the polls are fun.

Third Page (less frequently used apps):

Wikipanion - Good interface to Wikipedia.
    Stanza - Book reader with quite a few free books.
    SportsTap - Live results from just about any sport.
    Easy Relax - Soothing sounds to help you sleep.
    Fake Call - Looks like you're getting a call from whoever you want (like Bill Gates).
    Flashlight - Pretty handy.
    Trapster - Tells you where speed traps, stop light cameras, etc. are.
    Bloomberg - Good for checking stocks.
    Air Sharing - Haven't used yet, but lets you store files on iPhone via WiFi.
    SnapTell - Take a picture of a book, DVD or CD, find out what it is and get prices. NICE!
    Kick Lite NYC Subway map - easier than a printed map, zoomable, better than official app.

Fourth Page (Games):

Brain Tuner - See how quickly and accurately you can mark math statements as right or write.
    Brain Toot Light - A similar app with more variety.
    Blackjack Run Lite - Put cards in 5 piles, trying to get them each as close to 21 as possible.
    Sudoku - the number puzzle.
    Zynga Poker - massive online Texas Holdem, same as the one on Facebook.
    Sol Free - Several solitaire games.
    Darts - Boring.
    Time Crisis Lite - Yes, the arcade game.
    Flight Control - Route planes to the right runways without running into each other.
    iPhunny - 100 recent one liners from late night comedians.

Fifth Page (Games for the kids):

Fuzzle Lite - Line up balls to make them disappear.
    MazeFinger - See how quickly you can make it through various mazes.
    Matchs - The classic game where you try to turn over pairs of letters/numbers/symbols/cards.
    FourFree - Connect Four.
    Math Quizer - Practice addition, subtraction, multiplication, and/or division.
    Labyrinth - Based on the classic game with a marble. MUST SEE!
    Lightsaber - swing your iPhone to make Lightsaber sounds.
    Falling Balls - dodge the falling, bouncing balls or get squashed.
    Duck Shoot - Shoot the ducks.
    Hangman - Classic guess the letters and the word game.
    Word Search Lite - Find hidden words.
    Disney Fairies Fly Lite - Great for little girls. Fairly limited demo.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

wow Michael, I'm still filling up page 3. Gotta catch up!

OICUAM2: I haven't had any issues at all so far with connectivity, speed, etc over 3G.
    Danay @ LunaSolMedia.com
    HispanicYa!|MallFreebies

I, too, just broke in to my 5th page of iphone apps. I needed a separate page for all the photography apps I've been collecting. There are a ton of fun things you can do with photos on the iphone.
    Eric Tyler
    Eric [at] FinancialNetworkPro [dot] com
    [URL=http://financialnetworkpro.com]http://financialnetworkpro.com[/URL]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast