Desert, computer and me
    My wife said, I will be fine in a desert with a PC. I just added that i will need an internet connection as well.

I am not sure, is the situation same for all of us?

Affiliate Manager
    DirectPC satellite dish on top of a small 4WD RV is my dream office.

I love the desert. I've traveled through much of the Mojave, and still can't get enough.
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Thumbs up
    When we first got married we spent 7 months in the "Utah Bottoms" on the Dolores River care taking 6 rustic cabins on a 400-acre wilderness ranch. Our drinking water was stored in an old school cedar holding tank sealed by the swollen wood alone. Utah Bottoms on the Dolores (as it's described on the old topo maps from the region) is about 12 miles up river from the confluence of the Colorado River.

It was the most intense, yet beautiful living experience of my life. Real hard livin. 40 miles from Moab, UT (10 miles from a paved road and closest neighbors...at Dewey Bridge on rt 128) and 60 miles from Grand Junction, CO.

Of course this was before the days of AvantLink, but I was very active online then as well. In fact our Internet connection was our only real access to the rest of the world. The old Satellite phone at the ranch barely worked, let alone cell phones.

The dogs had the time of their lives there. Free to roam as long and as far as they wanted.

At any rate I would do it again in a heart beat for that time period, but longer term it would get too difficult. What with the once every ten day (and two hour one way) drive into Moab for provisions and all

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ataur
    My wife said, I will be fine in a desert with a PC. I just added that i will need an internet connection as well.

I am not sure, is the situation same for all of us?
    LOL - yes.
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

http and a telephoto
    Gary - I absolutely loved Moab when we went there on a trip last June. But I couldn't live there....

I can live in the desert though, or anywhere as long as I have internet

I do happen to really like my little island though where I currently live
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Moab and surroundings are amazing. But for long term, anyway...I couldn't live there either. No powder down there..

It can't be anywhere, as long as I have my computer with me.
    Alex
    AlexBet.com - Professional Website Design, Website Development, Mobile App Development!

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"
    Benjamin Franklin

I have been in the desrt i
    Hey Guys
    I could not help remembering the song - by America
    "You see Ive been through the desert on a horse with no name
    It felt good to be out of the rain
    In the desert you can remember your name
    Cause there aint no one for to give you no pain"
    Got quite nostalgic by the vivid description by Gary I will definitely visit the Moab (update my list of 100 places to visit before I die). Nevertheless, by matching with her facial expression, it seemed that she did not mean this nice way!!
    Why don't wives help husbands in these little ventures? I guess this made Churchill Say - "It's damned if you do, damned if you don't".

The desert is beautiful and visiting for a week or a month is fantastic but I know I'd eventually miss the coastal terrain and climate. Instead of a place in southern Utah my dream is a house built on the rocks of Cape Ann with gulls waking me in the morning and pounding waves rocking me to sleep at night. Still need the PC with high speed internet connection !
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com/afpr.html"><font color="#FF0000">Buzzy Multimedia Publishing Affiliate Program</font></a>--<a href="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=13023"><font color="#FF0000">SAS Sign-Up</font></a>
    7-15% Commision, 180 Cookies, Bonuses
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com">Earn Buzzy Bucks Promoting Sci-Fi & Fantasy Audio Books and Wicked Cool T-Shirts</a>

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread