SAS - Merchant looking for ideas
    Hello everyone,

What would be the best forum to post questions and to get feedback about our program? I am not looking to do an announcement (been there done that)I am looking for input on what I can do better to entice you, woo you or whatever it takes.

• Do we offer the right incentives?
    • Your thoughts on our products?
    • What can we do to get affiliates more active?

Thanks,

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    Just to let you guys know...HCI Books is the publisher of the "Chicken Soup for the Soul" series.

Terry's a good guy and really is open to any suggestions you might have...cuz he sure don't listen to me!! (just teasing)

First wanna say that I'm not in your program. Somehow ya got by me. I will take more of a look at ya, tho.

Took a quick peek around your site. On this page it says on the right side of page "HCI Partners" that page lists a bunch of your "Books and authors in the news" When ya click em they go to other sites. Most appear to be news type sites but they still have links for other sites on em.

We affiliates are an awfully nervous bunch when it comes to "Leaks" (what those links would be considered) Anything on a site that gives a visitor that the affiliate has managed to get to your site an opportunity to leave your site....a definite no no with affiliates.

As I said, only took a quick peek at your site and am not yet one of your affiliates so can't really comment much. If I join I'd be happy to give ya any thoughts, tho.

Ummm, am not sure how new a merchant ya are?? But.....patience, patience, patience and then more patience is needed A lot of affiliates will join a program but not really get too heavily involved in promoting it for a while. (they may just not have the time yet) I may be a bit goofy but I get the SAS rss feed and when I see a program that gets my little eyes perked up a bit, I check it out real quick and then apply.... ummm so I don't forget about it later. lol May take me quite a bit of time to get to it tho cos got a mile long list of other sites to still put on my site.

That doesn't mean I'm not gonna do it, tho. Just gonna take me a little bit of time. I don't sign up for a program for no reason. I intend to put links up, but sometimes just takes a bit.

Am a small affiliate so sometimes it can take quite a while to get a sale with a particular merchant. Sometimes I won't ever get a sale. Unless the merchant does somethin bad tho I don't usually give up tho once the links are on my site. So.....ya never know when I may get that sale. You never wanna terminate or threaten to terminate an affiliate just cos they don't have sales. UNLESS they are doin somethin against your terms....then you have every right to do so.(as long as you clearly state that in your terms) but if an affiliate has your links on their site....ya don't terminate em.

An affiliate wants to know tho that you're in it for the long haul. That's where patience enters into it, too. Ya gotta know that may take your program a bit before it gets any traction at all. So......pssssst.... take a few of your affiliates that have shown an intererst in your program and write em a very nice email. Definitely don't go sayin "You're not active yet" we affiliates don't like that said to us either......Yeap, I know we are a bit of a finicky bunch I guess at times....ya definitely don't wanna make us mad or hurt our feelings, tho.

Just email em and be nice to em. Ask em if they'd mind anytime giving you their opinions on anything that they feel may improve your program. Is there anything your program isn't offering them that they'd like to have. Any different banner sizes, text links you may not have available. An exclusive coupon if ya have coupons. Offer to help em I think most affiliates when worded nicely to em, will be happy to offer their opinions to help a merchant if they feel they really do want their help and are serious about their program.

Good luck with your program and will take a look at it more.

Hello Purplebear and thank you for your comments I guess I am just getting a little impatient and your response has helped.

Took a quick peek around your site. On this page it says on the right side of page "HCI Partners" that page lists a bunch of your "Books and authors in the news" When ya click em they go to other sites. Most appear to be news type sites but they still have links for other sites on em.
    To answer the question above we have no choice but to have a place for our Trade Partners (Amazon, Barnes & Noble etc...) to get information I do agree the that the banner that was recently added has to go but the button that says (Trade-Libraries-Media) will have to stay.

We have been on Shareasale since 2004 but we really had no one managing it until about a year ago. I also sent an email yesterday to our affiliates and so far have had some very good response I will be creating some new banners and changing some landing pages today.

Again thanks for your response I look forward to any all others.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread