FAQ's for Affiliate Voice
    Thought it would be helpful to post here answers to some commonly asked questions. I will add to this list as we grow.
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

Q. Do you announce my membership?

A. No we do not announce your membership. Your membership and support of Affiliate Voice is considered confidential information. Your contact information is never shared with anyone.

You may choose to announce your membership/support and may also choose to display a member badge. We respect your decision in the matter. Your decision to be public or private will not affect your membership rights.

We will never announce your contribution.

If your level of sponsorship entitles you to be listed on our sponsor page you may elect to not be listed; the choice is yours.

We respect every member's right to privacy.
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy

I had a question. Are the officers and board of directors all participating as volunteers (non paid)?

Quote Originally Posted by CathyM
    I had a question. Are the officers and board of directors all participating as volunteers (non paid)?
    Good Question.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Q. I had a question. Are the officers and board of directors all participating as volunteers (non paid)?

A. We are not a non-profit, we are a LLC which is registerd to me. To put a title on it, as majority owner, I am considered the president, Rhea is my vice president. By operating as a for-profit LLC we have lower expenses, more flexibilty, fewer restrictions (how we can raise funds, how we can lobby if needed and so on). Although Affiliate Voice LLC is the company (owned by Rhea & I), Affiliate Voice is the organization that was born here.

Right now, I'll hold the only paid position. Everyone else is volunteering their time and energy. To make it easier to organize and get things done someone needs to devote full time energy. It would be great to have other paid employees and compensate Board members but at this time that is not possible; the funds just don't permit it.
    Melanie
    Affiliate Advocacy

Mellie,

I think it is important that you disclose that you are being paid,as you have now done. I joined before I knew the answer because:

1. $35 membership is a dollar level that is a "no brainer" for me.
    2. You have already provided me with way more than $35 of information and industry support.

I hope that others will look at it that way as well and join now so that this organization can grow.

Best,
    Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by CathyM
    Mellie,

I think it is important that you disclose that you are being paid,as you have now done. I joined before I knew the answer because:

1. $35 membership is a dollar level that is a "no brainer" for me.
    2. You have already provided me with way more than $35 of information and industry support.

I hope that others will look at it that way as well and join now so that this organization can grow.

Best,
    Cathy
    Thank you Cathy for your support and your kind words.

I am very excited about our projects addressing some critical issues and about working to provide some great benefits and features. We are all very committed to seeing this grow into a strong organization.

Our organization will grow from the power of voices and participation, thank you for your part in this.
    Melanie
    Affiliate Advocacy

Like most membership clubs and organizations, what the member dues are spent on is provided to the membership in a treasurers report. Who is the treasurer? Will the president's pay amount be disclosed and when?
    This deems affiliate voice a business. Members are basically the shareholders. In business payroll is the larges expense. Will there be anything left to fund the goals, objectives and visions of the organization?
    Quote Originally Posted by mellie
    Q. I had a question. Are the officers and board of directors all participating as volunteers (non paid)?

A. We are not a non-profit, we are a LLC which is registerd to me. To put a title on it, as majority owner, I am considered the president, Rhea is my vice president. By operating as a for-profit LLC we have lower expenses, more flexibilty, fewer restrictions (how we can raise funds, how we can lobby if needed and so on). Although Affiliate Voice LLC is the company (owned by Rhea & I), Affiliate Voice is the organization that was born here.

Right now, I'll hold the only paid position. Everyone else is volunteering their time and energy. To make it easier to organize and get things done someone needs to devote full time energy. It would be great to have other paid employees and compensate Board members but at this time that is not possible; the funds just don't permit it.

Right now we do not have a treasurer. Affiliate Voice is a company we formed to achieve the goals of Affiliate Voice, and the Board of Directors will help ensure that we accomplish that. The only way we succeed is by providing the services and benefits we are entrusted to do. The goals of Affiliate Voice are our priority and accomplishing those goals requires at least one person working at it full time, even if compensation is minimal. With the exception of what we did in Albany last year, it hasn't worked as an all volunteer basis.

As time goes by and we grow we will re-examine the operating structure and the compensation of any paid personnel. Once we can define our operating budget we can define compensation accurately. We should have a better idea as we obtain funding.

We will always aim to give maximum benefit to our members and supporters with minimal overhead.
    Melanie
    Affiliate Advocacy

This question wasn't answered. For a completely up front organization this should be a requirement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Dunsil
    Will the president's pay amount be disclosed and when?

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Dunsil
    This question wasn't answered. For a completely up front organization this should be a requirement.
    How can you disclose a salary when the organization isn't very old and hasn't been funded yet? I think you are jumping the gun and the organization doesn't know what the president will be paid.

I totally support the way this organization has been set up, Melanie has no need to justify that she is paid, she stated upfront that this is her organization. To think that it needs to be all voluntary is unrealistic.

I hope it grows into a strong organization that can afford to do a *lot* in the affiliate community, including having paid staff to watch out for what affiliates need taking care of.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

It's obvious that payroll can't be disclosed yet. It was a yes/no question. Before I spend money on an organization I want to know about accountability. So again, will the financials be openly reported to the membership? When will that begin? Many membership organizations report monthly.
    Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    How can you disclose a salary when the organization isn't very old and hasn't been funded yet?

We will discuss this at our next Board meeting (next week).

I can tell you that the goals and objectives come first. With any new business an owner has no guarantees of income. You may not have been around last year as we worked on the NY issue and other issues so you may not be aware of the ethics and approach. I do hope to be fairly compensated in order to get this group formed and off the ground but realize that may not happen.
    Melanie
    Affiliate Advocacy

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread