Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Exclusive with SAS
    Hi everyone,

Just finalising our programme for launch next week.

If we are exclusive with SAS and ditch our own proposed in house AP will this be encouraging for affiliates?

I saw the thread about Native Remedies and the problems that occured with them and crossover programmes.

Sean_FD
    AM
    Final Defence
    Last edited by sean_FD; April 14th, 2009 at 11:08 AM. Reason: typos

Congratulations! You sound like you have a marvelous niche market and I hope your sales go through the roof.
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com/afpr.html"><font color="#FF0000">Buzzy Multimedia Publishing Affiliate Program</font></a>--<a href="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=13023"><font color="#FF0000">SAS Sign-Up</font></a>
    7-15% Commision, 180 Cookies, Bonuses
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com">Earn Buzzy Bucks Promoting Sci-Fi & Fantasy Audio Books and Wicked Cool T-Shirts</a>

Thanks for the vote.

Please let me know, Exclusive with SAS or multiple programmes?

Sean_FD
    AM
    Final Defence

Thumbs up
    exclusive with SAS: less chance for confusion

Quite frankly, I don't think it will make a difference for 99% of affiliates, nor would I expect a significant impact on the performance of your affiliate program. Since I work with ShareASale, I'd prefer if you were exclusive but I'd work with you either way (if you're in one of my niches). Of course, if I saw credible reports that your tracking system was not properly tracking SAS referrals, I'd probably drop you (and I probably wouldn't even bother to tell you why).

It is possible that there might be one or more affiliates who refuse to work with ShareASale, who would have considered joining an in-house program; I wouldn't expect significant traffic or sales from these folks, but I really don't know.

Probably the #1 reason to consider adding an in-house program is the ability to offer to pay more. A merchant who pays publishers 10% on referred sales through ShareASale must also pay an additional 2% (20% of the publisher payout) to ShareASale; an in-house program, which doesn't have this "network" fee, might be able to pay 11% or 12% (but don't forget that there are extra costs to manage the in-house program).

I would definitely recommend that you start as a ShareASale-exclusive program.

However, this does NOT mean that you should not consider setting up an in-house solution to process all referral traffic (including traffic from ShareASale affiliates, PPC ads, etc.) in order to "normalize" and monitor performance using internal tools, and to analyze the impact of "multiple-referrals" for a single customer or sale. If your staff can allocate time for this, it's a great idea; very few companies have the resources to do this so early.

http and a telephoto
    Cross tracking multiple platforms can be a headache. Being exclusive has benefits that you probably don't realize or understand yet, because it removes problems *before* you have to deal with them
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Thank you Herb, MarkWelch and Loxly,

Exclusive it is with a view in the future to add in house if required.

I understand what your saying MarkWelch as we are paying 35% commission so there is a good sized commission to SAS and taking on board what Loxly says by being exclusive it will stop problems and headaches before the start.

Any more wants for Affiliates with a new programme?

I really appreciate all your feedback.

Have a good day.

Sean_FD
    AM
    Final Defence

Question for affiliates.

Our site is multi currency currently but we see that SAS is based on USD only and when a transaction goes through it only pulls the figures not the currency. So a UK based sale does not pay enough commission.
    So our idea is to make the .com USD only with links of to .co.uk and .eu etc....if buyers move through to there we will track sales and credit the extra money.

Anybody have any ideas how to deal with this problem more efficiently??

Sean_FD
    AM

Activation on SAS applied for.

Sean_FD

And launched on SAS

Sean_FD

http and a telephoto
    A New Program Announcement would probably be appropriate now.

http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4

It's worth the investment.
    Deborah Carney

Hi Loxly,

Posted it yesterday.

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=118656

Have a great day.

Sean_FD

http and a telephoto
    Awesome, lol. You should have said so and now you did.

Good luck
    Deborah Carney

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    I just joined, Sean, and I can see adding some of your links to several of my sites, but where I use banners, I would really prefer to use static banners, not the flashing ones you currently have.

Any chance of getting some 234 x 60, 120 x 90, 120 x 60, and 125 x 125 static banners?

May I also suggest some text links that refer to your major selling point of preventing a thief who stole your laptop from accessing the data?
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, theres no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Hi AffiliateHound,

I have forwarded your post to our designers who will do this first thing Monday morning.

As for Text ads feel free to create your own if you want to. Feel free to tell us what you want the text ads to say.

I want to give you and other affiliates the tools to make this happen so all you gotta do is tell me. If you think changes are required on the site, let me know.

On the New Programme announcement you will see my skype id also your welcome email from us via SAS has contact details.

Hit me up.

Sean_FD

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Thanks for your quick response. I likely will start with my own text links.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, theres no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Miss Loxly,

Thank you for the kind words.

Sean_FD

Hi AffiliateHound,

My pleasure.

Sean_FD

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
    I just joined, Sean, and I can see adding some of your links to several of my sites, but where I use banners, I would really prefer to use static banners, not the flashing ones you currently have.

Any chance of getting some 234 x 60, 120 x 90, 120 x 60, and 125 x 125 static banners?

May I also suggest some text links that refer to your major selling point of preventing a thief who stole your laptop from accessing the data?
    Hi AffiliateHound,
    The four banners requested were uploaded at 08:21 EST. They are called Track/1/2/3. Hopefully they are suitable for your needs.

Any other affiliates who have requests please let me know and if we can deliver it they will be done.

Have a great day.

Sean_FD

Hi Everyone

We have some affiliates asking about PPC and bidding on keywords for searches.
    Anyone have any suggestions on which way is the best to do this so affiliates benefit in the way that is best for them?

Sean_FD

Quote Originally Posted by sean_FD
    Hi Everyone

We have some affiliates asking about PPC and bidding on keywords for searches.
    Anyone have any suggestions on which way is the best to do this so affiliates benefit in the way that is best for them?

Sean_FD
    as much as keep them free, they will bring you more traffic, but don't forget to follow them closely. So you can be sure their ppc method won't hurt your brand name and company.

Quote Originally Posted by emphimy
    as much as keep them free, they will bring you more traffic, but don't forget to follow them closely. So you can be sure their ppc method won't hurt your brand name and company.
    Ok Emphimy so we just let people bid on keywords they want?
    If you could internal email me I would appreciate it to understand a bit more fully.

Sean_FD

Thank you for the email responses everyone.

After discussions with management we are trying to come to terms with the feedback.

One of the paramount concerns for Affiliates already joined and potentially joining is the issue surrounding Tollbooth/Gatekeeper Affiliates. We would like to say a special thank you for the email from La Domino.

One of our first declarations is that Final Defence expressly prohibits the use of our URL in PPC advertising. Anyone found doing this will be banned from the programme immediately and reported to the necessary authorities.

We want to run a fair and honest Affiliate Programme which benefits all our members present and future.

Have a great day and Happy 1st of May.

Sean_FD

Congratulations to our affiliates who have made breakthrough sales of Final Defence.

The beginning of a long sales life.

Hope you all enjoyed the Bank Holiday Weekend.

Sean_FD

Hi everyone,

Traffic and downloads are up,up up!

Traffic will hit 50% of last months numbers today which is the 8th of May.
    Downloads are up 200%.

Have a great day.

Sean_FD

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast