How to Get Customers to Come Back Again & Again
    What would you all suggest to get customers to come back again and again to your site?

I've thought about a buy 3 get $10.00 back kind of coupon from me directly, but I don't think it would be practical to have to keep on asking for help in tracking sales.

What do you all suggest?

Thanks!

add some type of social experience, like reviews or a cute contest, etc.
    Danay @ LunaSolMedia.com
    Global Perfomance Marketing. Global Niche Markets = Opportunity!
    HispanicYa!|MallFreebies

I dwell in possibility. ~Emily Dickinson

You can't ask merchants and affiliates to help you build your value proposition -

A) they won't tell you and
    B) it should be unique to your niche and your store.

Otherwise it wouldn't be a value proposition if everyone offered it RIGHT?
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

I think a cute contest would be better there fore you wouldn't have the pain of sending out payments. Missing payments, complaints to the BBB, waking with migranes everyday dreading to see who what and why people are emailing you about today. with a contest lets say you make sure that they have a purchase thru your site like one of the fields be the reciept number or such have 1 grand prize winner, 2 second placers, and 10 3rd place. or whatever lol. I think i have way to much time on my hands sometimes???

Quote Originally Posted by danay
    add some type of social experience, like reviews or a cute contest, etc.

Thanks Danay, that helps a lot. I like both ideas and I have to do some more thinking about it, but I think I have an idea for a fun contest. Maybe the winner will get a gift certificate to use at one of my merchant sites.

Now I just have to figure out how to do that so that I get credit for what ever the winner chooses to buy.

Thanks so much for responding!

Quote Originally Posted by snappy
    I think a cute contest would be better there fore you wouldn't have the pain of sending out payments. Missing payments, complaints to the BBB, waking with migranes everyday dreading to see who what and why people are emailing you about today. with a contest lets say you make sure that they have a purchase thru your site like one of the fields be the reciept number or such have 1 grand prize winner, 2 second placers, and 10 3rd place. or whatever lol. I think i have way to much time on my hands sometimes???
    Snappy, you bring up a good point about the headaches associated with complaints.

I'm still pretty new to affiliate marketing and I need some translation regarding what you wrote into plain English, if you don't mind, LOL:

Quote Originally Posted by snappy
    with a contest lets say you make sure that they have a purchase thru your site like one of the fields be the reciept number or such have 1 grand prize winner, 2 second placers, and 10 3rd place. or whatever
    What do you mean by one of the fields be the receipt number? By the way, I think you sound creative, not like you have too much time on your hands!
    I appreciate the input.

It depends on what type of site you have, but the best thing to do is to check out your competition in your niche, and offer something to your visitors that no one else is doing yet.

This will help bring your visitors back to your site rather than your competition, so do some research and try to think outside the box for something that your visitors would want to see or use.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanadili
    It depends on what type of site you have, but the best thing to do is to check out your competition in your niche, and offer something to your visitors that no one else is doing yet.

This will help bring your visitors back to your site rather than your competition, so do some research and try to think outside the box for something that your visitors would want to see or use.
    My niche has to do with types of shoes and I've seen other affiliate sites that are "banner farm" types; and, of course there are the big shoe retailers who I'm partnered with. So, in that sense, if I were to implement either or both of the other suggestions that would be new and different because my competition pretty much only offers links. Where as my site is more informational, as well.

I guess my biggest challenge is not being able to directly offer something because of the affiliate nature of the site. In other words, if I had an inventory of shoes I could keep track of a customers purchases and give them a coupon for a certain amount off the 4th pair, lets say or send them cash back or something of that nature.

I do have a mailing list and a guest book but don't really have a sense of who may have come back.

Quote Originally Posted by iloveshoes
    I guess my biggest challenge is not being able to directly offer something because of the affiliate nature of the site. In other words, if I had an inventory of shoes I could keep track of a customers purchases and give them a coupon for a certain amount off the 4th pair, lets say or send them cash back or something of that nature.
    You don't necessarily have to offer your visitors something directly in order to get them to come back to your site. I know with my site, I did a lot of research with both my competition and my merchants. I offer several "tools" and services that no one else has, not even my merchants. This alone has brought back many visitors to my site.

You could do something simple like helping your visitor determine what type of shoes would be best for them. Are they into running? Hiking? etc.

The possibilities are endless, you just have to be creative and think outside the box.

Thanks! I'll have to give it some more thought and figure out how to put my ideas into the format of the site.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread