Question Learning as I go, going as I learn. Questions?
    I'm learning and experiencing a great deal from applying the training of Affiliate Marketing sites like this one. This positive experience is not at all what I expected out of ignorance and misperception.

I have selected a niche which includes two major subniches. I like this niche, it helps people and provides solutions, and I have been a long time student. My question, select a domain name which will represent the overall website goals, problem solving content, which include the subniches; or, select a domain specific to each subniche creating separate website projects? I really feel most excited about the overall domain name which allows me to expand with additional subniches in the future. Am I looking to broad?

I have identified over 20 longtail keywords/phrases. I determined these by using the Google Keyword Search Tool for search score, calculating hits per day, and Google Search and SEO evaluation for "allintitle" competing pages less than 30K.

I know this sounds very rudimentary to many of the members. This is a new experience, I'm following the instructions and doing the actions to learn and apply my new knowledge. Honestly? I'm not even concerned about screwing up because it's all good in the long run.

What is your experience so far? What insight are you willing to share? I'm open and willing.

Hi and welcome to the forum Craig!

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Mattice
    Am I looking to broad?
    Are you going to broad on a niche? Kinda oxymoronic no?

Niche market, a focused, targetable portion (subset) of a market sector.
    Realistically it depends on the niche and the sub niches, but in general the more focused and targeted your efforts are the better your traffic and conversions.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Hi Haiko!

Thank you for the welcome and causing me to pause and think.

I do breath oxygen and have been called a moron in my past, so I guess my statement could be considered "oxymoronic." LOL!

I guess what I'm thinking is creating a main subject (niche) website composed of popular targeted individual related topics (subniches) to support the subject with direct relationship linkage. I'm thinking only three to four subniches. My subniches would be the direct product markets.

I realize I'm not communicating my thoughts very well here. I would like your insight on this but don't wish to publicly post my projected niche market. I hope that's OK? I will see if there is a PM option here. Thank you again.

P.S. PM isn't going to happen as I am too new without enough posts. Bummer!
    Last edited by Craig Mattice; April 15th, 2009 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Supplement

Craig, you don't have PM rights yet, feel free to respond to the notification email - haiko@abestweb ... it goes to me. I'll be happy to help off the board.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Pick one domain for the niche and develop subniches within that domain. If the subniches relate to the niche, it will help your search ranking, eventually. Otherwise, the subniche domains will not be comprehensive enough to be considered an "authority" site by Google.

Also, including the most searched for keyword or words relating to your niche as part of your domain name will be a plus with respect to search rankings.

It is both simple and extremely difficult to get top rankings in a niche. Simply develop a site that provides the most comprehensive information relating to the niche. Eventually, you will rise to the top. The hard part comes from all the work required! SEO techniques help, but really, they only speed up the process. If you have a site with top rankings that really does not belong there, eventually Google and others find a way to put you in your rightful place.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Update:

As the direct result of some outstanding support and guided assistance, I have selected not one but two targeted domain names, registered them with GoDaddy and am now in the position to locate a quality affiliate product for each sub-niche.

I'm going to use Hostgator for my hosting and website building as I believe, based on my research, they have the best value, feature rich options, and company stability that I desire. This will be an adventure for me, in its self.

My question regards product selection. Should I seek out a stand alone proven affiliate product, use Clinkbank or Commission Junction, or become an affiliate of an established professional in the field with a product structure in place?

Please feel free to ask me to clarify myself as I haven't mastered the correct language for this industry.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread