Is There A Fix?
    I've let this eBay situation go for almost a year now since the site in question has other revenue sources that produce nicely, but the CJ to EPN switch last year was dismal, to say the least. With CJ my eBay editor kit pages produced a few hundred dollars a month in commissions and since the switch to EPN, not a single penny (yes, I redid the pages with the EPN editor kit). There is absolutely no comparison with respect to Imps, Clicks, CTR, etc.

Of course it's bothered me since the eBay pages are popular on my site and are perfect for my niche. Here are some numbers:

Commission/Imps/Clicks/CTR% (Commission Junction)

January, '08
    $546/2,179/8,761/402%

February, '08
    $706/1,802/7,699/427%

March, '08
    $289/2,140/8,136/380%

April, '08
    $97/1,780/6,554/368%

May, '08
    $184/1,527/5,729/375%

Then, from June '08 (when the migration to EPN was complete) through today, not a penny in commission. For the remaining seven months of 2008 EPN reports total Imps of only 7,312 and 22 clicks and so far in 2009, 3,333 Imps and 8 Clicks.

It might seem that the CTR was unusually high with CJ, but a majority of my visitors are serious eBayers in my niche and my editor kit pages are perfect for them.

Any suggestions? Good idea to rebuild the pages again with the editor kit in case EPN has improved the coding since the switch? Seems a shame that my eBay pages draw such good traffic that I'm sure is sending business to eBay without producing any revenue for my site.

Many thanks.

I would take a close look at your coding. As I've mentioned in other posts I have over 10,000 Editor Kits on my site, and I used Global Search and replace to change the code from CJ to eBay. I had to do it in pieces over 85 sub-sites, but was done in a couple of days.

I have had the reverse results. My income has increased substantially since moving to EPN. To be specific I earned $3,366.69 from January to March in 2009 at EPN than I earned from January to March in 2008 at CJ.

If you trust me to look at your site, PM one of your eBay page URLs and I will see if I can find a problem with the code.

Thanks, Tracy
    Tracy -

Thanks so much for the reply and offer. I read about your success in another thread and was hoping you'd have a suggestion.

I decided to re-do the main editor kit page with the EPN editor kit again, and since doing that in a few hours that page went from 0 Imps and 0 Clicks to 386 Imps and 43 Clicks in a couple of hours, if that long. Maybe the coding I got from the EPN editor kit back in April of last year was outdated.

Meanwhile, I'll PM you with the URL just in case there might still be something wrong.

Again, many thanks.

Hi Proverb,

I found your problem. Check your PM.

The bad news is you've been sending eBay free traffic for a year. The good news is I was able to identify the part of the code that has been screwing you out of commissions, and I gave you a simple "Search & Replace" fix that will solve the problem. The page you sent me had the code you updated already which is correct. I needed to see your old code to find the problem. Fortunately, I was able to google the URL and get a cache version from April 6, and that's how I found the problem.

So, in answer to your initial question in this thread ... YES! THERE IS A FIX!

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy
    Hi Proverb,

I found your problem. Check your PM.

The bad news is you've been sending eBay free traffic for a year. The good news is I was able to identify the part of the code that has been screwing you out of commissions, and I gave you a simple "Search & Replace" fix that will solve the problem. The page you sent me had the code you updated already which is correct. I needed to see your old code to find the problem. Fortunately, I was able to google the URL and get a cache version from April 6, and that's how I found the problem.

So, in answer to your initial question in this thread ... YES! THERE IS A FIX!
    Yep, the Imps and Clicks are flowing. Can't believe I let this go for a year. Also figured out why I was getting some Imps and Clicks - they were from a non-EK creative on a relatively low volume page.

And definitely want to say, publicly, many thanks to Tracy for looking into this for me. The effort Tracy made was incredibly kind and generous!

Proverb

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread