And, here is the thing about it. My merchant has another job and does three hugh sites in his spare time. He also handles the packing, shipping and so forth.

Now, I know he probably dosen't know or understand anything about Froogle and never will take the time to find out. So, I think he will let ME submit this combined feed I am making of all of his stores and be glad to have someone else handle it.

What do you think? What would I have to do?

Anyone know anything about all this? Anyone ever done it?

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!
    Affiliates, before you use CJ merchants, Read This! Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

Sandra,

I am ready - have done something similar 2 years ago. What do you need from me?

SandraR

That is very kind of you to offer. I don't even know what questions to ask.

Can you tell me where to get the information? I am sure they want the feeds to be in certain forms. Do you think it will matter that the landing pages are on three different sites? Do I need a feed for each site or will one do since it is all the same merchant?

Is there some cost involved?

Have you gotten any sales this way?

Does it matter that my affiliate ID is in the links?

Many more questions will come to mind, I am sure.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!
    Affiliates, before you use CJ merchants, Read This! Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Charge a big giant bundle if your aff id can't stay in those links, because if it isn't in there you're effectively setting up Froogle to be a big competitor of yours!

~Cheapskate merchants need not apply

Oh, I wouldn't do it at all in that case!!! But, the question is will Froogle accept ti that way?

http://froogle.google.com/froogle/merchants.html

Fill in the basic form and they'll send you some PDF files with more detailed info.

No charges involved from Froogle.
    Prob need 3 separate feeds.

Will you get away with it? Can't say, could go either way. On the one hand you'll be sending URLs that are real merchants pages with a buy button (presumably) on the other hand you won't be emailing from the merchant domain and it may be difficult to prove that you have any right (in their eyes) to submit it.

--------------
    Are you Crazy?

Sandra,

I may be a tad confused, the merchant you are speaking of ships his own product or is this affiliate related.

If it is not affiliate related and your opportunity of making money by assisting him in selling his line - this is what I do:

1. Work out a split on the profit, I prefer percentage.
    2. All Sales from me are CC’d to the merchant so I am informed and do not have to deal with affiliate coding.

Basically separate yourself from him and sell his line for him.

After some time I actually created my own shopping cart to sell his line. Made more that way.

If you do it that way you can create any feed you want without breaking any rules. Better ad after a few sales – I hade him modify his shipping label to include my company name on it. Then when the sales grew really fat I included a promotional item in every shipment with my company name on it. I like giving away Zippers; everyone needs to open their mail with MY zippers

SandraR

I am his affiliate. He has the stuff and I send people to his site where the sale is made and he sends it to the customer.

You could try cloaking your links in that feed.

Konstantin,
    www.GenericGifts.com
    2500+ products in a data feed. 20% commission. 5 years cookie expiration.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I like giving away Zippers; everyone needs to open their mail with MY zippers <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Zippers are for opening mail?? Here I've always thought you meant the kind that get sewn into clothes!

~Cheapskate merchants need not apply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Leader:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I like giving away Zippers; everyone needs to open their mail with MY zippers <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Zippers are for opening mail?? Here I've always thought you meant the kind that get sewn into clothes!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here is a Zipper

SandraR

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    I think you will find that Froogle makes it quite clear that they only accept feeds direct from merchants and will NOT accept feeds from affiliates or that have links enhanced with affiliate tracking.

Cheers

Chris

<font size="1"> Web Studio-1 Solutions.
    http://www.webstudio-1.com

Low Threshold : High Return Days : Excellent Support : 100% Parasite Free
    Mondera.com - Netmagazines.com - KegWorks.com - Left On Main - Pierced Body
    DriveWerks.com - DeluxeGrills.com - Irish Photo Shop - Vegas Experts

<FONT COLOR=red size="1"> A little learning is a dangerous thing; drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring: there shallow draughts intoxicate the brain, and drinking largely sobers us again. Alexander Pope </font></font>

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread