Question I need some direction here!
    First and foremost I am gonna state this post might get a bit long.

OK let me explain what I am doing and where I have problems. First off I am building an Adsense website or Rebuilding it to put a more professional look and feel to it but now I decided to integrate my Affiliate links and products into the site however is where I am at a lost. I have no idea how to build a good looking site much less one that will capitalize on affiliate products.

So can someone with real experience PM me with mabee some web site examples and idea's on how to build one like what to focuse on,where and how to navagate my traffice to where I wan't them to go and so forth.

I also wan't to add I am a CB affiliate but they only offer digital products and I tried to hook into CJ but they wanted me to link a page I have that got 1000 visits or more so therefor I wasn't abule to join up. I need them for me to even start a nitch website that I have in mind. my website only got about 950 or so visits so I need help on that.

OH! Before I forget I have to ask this question I am running my website on a free host at tripod so I ask, would or is it in my best interest to opt for a .com paid host? I mean I'm on a free host because my funds are very very strapped till I close on my new home and even a few months there after. So could I make money using a free site or would it push my traffic to other places or would they just bounce out and never to return.

Thank you in advance : William Vierra

Affiliate Manager FriendlyPlanetTravel's Avatar
    First get rid of free site. You can host cheap enough these days. For example 1&1 is $4.99/month, includes .com and even has a website builder included for beginners. There are also a lot of free website templates around as well as free html editors.

Build niche sites. Pre-Sell the merchant products if you want conversion. Use unique content. This will get you traffic. Many years ago when I first started to learn about affilite marketing I picked up some good info at http://freetrial.sitesell.com/ They have about 15 free downloadable ebooks. (DON'T buy anything) Books are interesting reads.

And of course ABW is an invaluable source for info and asking questions.

William,

First off, you can't receive PM's yet, not enough posts. I'm not sure what the number is but I believe its 250 or so.

Secondly, as far as web site examples, try searching G with your keywords. I doubt if you'll get many offers of "here..take a look at this". Not because we're trying to be hard-*sses but we all learned by trial and error.

Thirdly, the free hosting, when you get serious you'll need to upgrade. I've never used free hosting so I'm not sure how much you can manipulate code.

Fourthly, just a bit of advice as far as integrating affiliate links. Throwing links into a site will not win you any points with the search engines.

The main goal of this business is traffic.

Keep traffic as the goal before you concentrate too much on which links and programs you will try to promote.

If building a professional looking site is not your specialty, I would suggest going with a template (hosted application) strategy. You can find/use good templates for a wordpress blog or create a free site on Ning if you want a forum and social network style site.

I use Ning for my sites. I like it because you get to start your site(s) for free (it is very easy to start and build the site) and then pay extra once you have traffic and are ready to test monetization strategies.

Since I'm not paying to run my own ads yet, I concentrate more on content creation and building traffic. I've spent too much time in the past testing how to best monetize ten visitors per day instead of building larger amounts of traffic. I used to play the PPC game a lot, but the game is getting tougher and is very short-term (often one and done) so Ning is allowing me to create good looking (and functioning) sites that can have long-term growth.

I'm not a techie so I always knew I wouldn't win this game by building my own sites. The hosted applications and web tools now available allow non-techies to be in this game.
    [URL=http://www.investeverymonth.com]InvestEveryMonth.com[/URL] - Build Wealth

WOW! you people are the greatest I got some good feedback on that.

OK let me tell you what my project is keep in mind this is just a starter project for some passive income and after I get it up and running I have plans in making some nitch web sites.

I am making an Article web site and had planed to incorporate Affiliate links on the different subjects pages that protein on the subject of that article.The Affiliate link isn't where I plan to make my source of income but rather from the adsense ads displayed on it. but I am at a dead end creating my website, I am trying create a menu with sub-menus that also have siblings menus being I have so may articles to publish and don't want my visitors having to click 30 pages to get to any one article.

Well me having a.d.d doesn't help ether its so easy for me to get sidetracked on something else but I do try to keep focused but is always a challenge. I have been doing this now for almost 3 months and yet to make one dollar but I am still working on it to get this right. I am hoping this site will work out because I plan to use the money made from it so I can afford and buy myself a pay web hosting domain and advertising.

I did the PPC thing and nearly lost my butt in funds just glad I seen it before I went completely broke.

Note: the SBI thing looks like a heck of a good idea and might consider opting in on that but still looks complicated to me but I seem to over complicate everything in my life theses days.

Note 2:
    create a free site on Ning
    I am going to try this but I have to ask. Is it like a forum such as this or a blog or a website you can build into something...sorry I had to ask because I may start my first nitch site from here and test the waters on it.

wordpress / site building programs I am currently useing is NVU, CoffeeCup, and Blue Voda <--- don't like having to host with them to upload your pages so I didn't.

theses programs are great but I get lost I miss my dreamweaver so much any other program you know of that might be easier to use?

Again thank you all for your input thus far and hope I can be of some help myself
    Last edited by wvierra; April 19th, 2009 at 04:39 AM. Reason: typo's

I forgot to ask FriendlyPlanetTravel....you pointed out 1&1 has hosting for 4.99 do but do they allow sub-domains?

I hate Tripod I published my site that when I previewed it it looked real nice well except for the menus "I have got to do something about that" but after I published it to tripod and there &%#* advertising banners made it look like a junk pile wouldn't be so bad if I had control of where they where placed.SO.....

I decided to opt in a pay host I mean $4.99 is cheap and even with me having some hardships right now I should be able to cough that much up at least.

But one question I already have a .com with godaddy that I bought for the tripod site as a redirect and being 1&1 will give me a .com is it possible I can still use the one I have at godaddy being I still have 9 months with that name if so how do you make it work?

PS. honest I am not trying to spam this threat ----HONEST!----

Thank you: wvierra

Affiliate Manager FriendlyPlanetTravel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wvierra
    I forgot to ask FriendlyPlanetTravel....you pointed out 1&1 has hosting for 4.99 do but do they allow sub-domains?

I hate Tripod I published my site that when I previewed it it looked real nice well except for the menus "I have got to do something about that" but after I published it to tripod and there &%#* advertising banners made it look like a junk pile wouldn't be so bad if I had control of where they where placed.SO.....

I decided to opt in a pay host I mean $4.99 is cheap and even with me having some hardships right now I should be able to cough that much up at least.

But one question I already have a .com with godaddy that I bought for the tripod site as a redirect and being 1&1 will give me a .com is it possible I can still use the one I have at godaddy being I still have 9 months with that name if so how do you make it work?

PS. honest I am not trying to spam this threat ----HONEST!----

Thank you: wvierra

I did the PPC thing and nearly lost my butt in funds just glad I seen it before I went completely broke.

Note: the SBI thing looks like a heck of a good idea and might consider opting in on that but still looks complicated to me but I seem to over complicate everything in my life theses days.

wvierra,

1. PPC - leave to the experts until you become one - You will most likely loose money and doesn't generate long term traffic. Organic traffic is what you want to develop.

2. SBI - DON'T buy anything (though tempting) but READ the free ebook downloads - packed with info

3. A.D.D. - same problem - I list projects/ideas - then do and concentrate on each one seperately till completeed.

4. 1&1 - just a suggestion - many others out there - I personally use them for some domain services (as well as godaddy) and find no problems. The $4.99 promo is good for 6 months then $9.95/month which is still cheap and affordable. I'm not sure but if you already have a domain, I would guess the free one they offer could be used to extend the one you have with additional year.

5. lots of articles: are they all on same subject? Remember the internet is the OPPOSITE of the brick and mortar world. That is - in "real" world we have department stores that sell everything - but in "cyberspace" NICHES are the key. The more defined the niche the better. For example: If "fishing" is the topic - better to have several niche sites like "saltwater fishing", "flyfishing" etc than one big site that covers them all. (you can always link from one site to other)

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread