WordPress tag
    This one is a typical content of a post in WordPress contained in the table wp_post of a database WordPress:

This one is a test page.
    Esta es una página de prueba.
    With <strong>boldface</strong> and a <a href="http://www.fourthworld.com/" target="_blank">link</a>.

And the result in HTML would be:

This one is a test page.<br />
    Esta es una página de prueba.<br />
    With <strong>boldface</strong> and a <a href="http://www.fourthworld.com/" target="_blank">link</a>.

I believe that it would be very easy to implement this tag and I see it very useful for many users who have content WordPress and they it want to go on to static HTML.

In fact the only unique thing that WordPress does on having published is to add <br /> tags and to leave the rest of code like it is in the database.

It would be like a special version of the [WM-Field: fieldName raw] tag but adding the <br />.

With this and the BBCODE tag undoubtedly WebMerge would give a step of giant in the next version.

What you think, Richard?
    Is it possible?
    Last edited by yelmo; April 18th, 2009 at 05:06 PM.

Affiliate Manager
    It wouldn't be too hard to add something like "rawWithBR", but how many folks using WordPress also want to generate static pages with WebMerge?

For all I know there could be a good many, but it would be helpful if you could describe the sorts of scenarios which would need this.

Thanks -
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

Quote Originally Posted by FourthWorld
    It wouldn't be too hard to add something like "rawWithBR", but how many folks using WordPress also want to generate static pages with WebMerge?

For all I know there could be a good many, but it would be helpful if you could describe the sorts of scenarios which would need this.

Thanks -
    It is not a caprice, they are not desire of asking for unnecessary things.

It's simple to explain:

We are looking for a system that allows us a transition between our pages, which nowadays are static to dynamic (WordPress).

static HTML -> static HTML (from database) -> dinamic PHP (WordPress)

For the present time already we have all the pages turned to database (Access) with the format that WordPress uses.
    For it we have used a programmable tool that we are not going to mention not to do advertising. Only to comment that we go many days being employed at it.

But still we do not want to pass to dynamic, we prefer continuing with static HTML until we should be prepared well.

For it we have looked for the best tool, which turned out to be WebMerge.

We buy WebMerge, but lamentably still we could not have used it.

We have tried several methods, but they imply all a later work if then we want to migrate to dynamic.

Let's say that WebMerge is very, closely together from what we need, but that as it is now still we cannot use it

I hope that now you understand our problem.

Again, sorry for my bad English.
    Last edited by yelmo; April 20th, 2009 at 08:30 AM.

Affiliate Manager
    Thanks for the explanation. I ask not because the request seemed capricious (good word; your English vocabulary exceeds that of many native speakers <g>), but because given the near-ubiquity of WordPress I wonder if what you've requested will be enough, if perhaps there aren't other opportunities we might explore for further integration with WordPress.

I don't use WordPress myself right now, so to better understand the various ways one might use WebMerge in conjunction with it I need to rely on more experienced people like yourself.

This specific request is simple to do so I'll put it in v2.6, but I would be very keen to hear of other things we might explore to make WebMerge even more useful to WordPress users.
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

I would begin for putting "rawWithBR", that if you notice already we request in the topic of the BBCODE.
    More than anything because in opposite case we cannot use WebMerge. It's selfish enough, I admit it, but it is what we need

With regard to WordPress, the best thing is to install it (very easy):
    http://wordpress.org/download/

And to see how it saves the information you can use MySQL-Front: http://www.mysqlfront.de/

For what we have discovered, it uses standard HTML in posts, but without the <br>.
    If really you do not know anything of WordPress I recommend to you WordPress For Dummies (2009) by Lisa Sabin-Wilson. It is not the Bible of the WordPress, but for our intentions it's enought.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread