Webmerge and space between codes
    I just purchased webmerge about 2-3 weeks ago and I noticed it puts a free space(empty line) at every line of code.Forexample :

<html>

<head>

<meta>

But I want it to be :
    <html>
    <head>
    <meta>

How can I make Webmerge to stop making it?

PS:I got baned from adsense last week and I don't know if this is the problem for adsense TOS!,you know you can't modify the code,so I don't know if it was the reason and i got typcall email so don't know what is the problem.

SEO: A Specialty - Web Design: Slow or outsourced andbeyond's Avatar
    The Call is coming from Inside the House!
    You mighta got banned from Adsense for making MFA sites with a datafeed tool. Not because of the extra lines.

Google has been officially against low unique content sites for some time now.

Quote Originally Posted by andbeyond
    You mighta got banned from Adsense for making MFA sites with a datafeed tool. Not because of the extra lines.
    It is correct.

And the extra lines bug already have been solved in WebMerge 2.5.1

Quote Originally Posted by yelmo
    It is correct.

And the extra lines bug already have been solved in WebMerge 2.5.1
    I'm using 2.5.b6 (don't know if it is later version) but i still have space between every line of my html file(even at adsense codes).

"You mighta got banned from Adsense for making MFA sites with a datafeed tool. Not because of the extra lines."

It's not a MFA site and i'm creating my data at excel,with lots of informations.

Should i install 2.5.1 to solve extra lines?

SEO: A Specialty - Web Design: Slow or outsourced andbeyond's Avatar
    The Call is coming from Inside the House!
    Ya you should try 2.5.1. Also you should never try to put adsense on a site until everything is running right.

Sorry to jump to conclusions there. Maybe they will readmit you.

Or just start another Google account on blogger or something. Blog for a week or two and they will probably invite you to adsense again. Or find a better way to monetize.

Quote Originally Posted by andbeyond
    Ya you should try 2.5.1. Also you should never try to put adsense on a site until everything is running right.

Sorry to jump to conclusions there. Maybe they will readmit you.

Or just start another Google account on blogger or something. Blog for a week or two and they will probably invite you to adsense again. Or find a better way to monetize.
    Thanks for advice,i was using adsense last 2 years. It happened and don't know why(not blaming webmerge,just trying to find out what can be the reason of ban since didn't receive a very clear email from adsense about the issue,and if it is because of empty lines,still it is my fault cuz i should have been more carefully)

Anyway,I still have rank2 keyword site at google searches and loan to pay my bmw Z4

I'll try 2.5.1 now...

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by emm09
    Anyway,I still have rank2 keyword site at google searches and loan to pay my bmw Z4
    Nice - that's what we like to hear.

I'll try 2.5.1 now...
    Yep - the extra lines issue was fixed.

Software version numbers generally follow this pattern:

"b" means "Beta", or "still in testing". So "2.5b6" will be the sixth in the series of test builds. "2.5" would be the final build after the testing period is done, and "2.5.1" a maintenance release after "2.5".

So WebMerge 2.5.1 is newer than v2.5, and has a number of useful fixes, including the one with the extra lines.

WebMerge 2.6 is in development now, hopefully going into beta testing within a week or so if things continue moving forward as well as they have thus far. We hope that folks who depend on WebMerge will take advantage of the open beta testing period to help us identify issues like this before the final release.

Since we strive to deliver WebMerge with 100% of all reproducible bugs fixed in every build, we will from time to time deliver maintenance releases in between version releases to take care of those, as we did with v2.5.1 following v2.5. But the cost of making maintenance releases is not trivial, so the more bugs we can find during testing the more time I can spend adding new features.
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread