Shareasale Good For Bigger companies?
    Hey guys. Need some advice on using Shareasale as an affiliate platform. My company is very large and we already have two other affiliate programs. All advice is greatly appreciated!

ABW Ambassador
    Shareasale already has some very large merchants who have an affiliate program

Quote Originally Posted by Julian
    Shareasale already has some very large merchants who have an affiliate program
    I am looking for the Positives and Negatives for joining. What differentiates Shareasale from Commission Junction or Linkshare?

ABW Ambassador
    >>>What differentiates Shareasale from Commission Junction or Linkshare?

Many SAS affiliates are there because they refuse to work with CJ & L$

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pooper000
    I am looking for the Positives and Negatives for joining. What differentiates Shareasale from Commission Junction or Linkshare?
    I cannot answer that question, but MCT makes the case perfectly:

Many SAS affiliates are there because they refuse to work with CJ & L$
    The fact is that many affiliates (and definitely merchants) will NOT use CJ or LS. It will be virtually impossible to convince them to. Joining SAS will allow you to leverage those affiliates.
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

http and a telephoto
    I've moved some large companies to Shareasale from CJ and they are doing quite well. Other large companies I have consulted with added Shareasale and also are doing very well.

Size of your company isn't a factor with joining Shareasale. What you should be looking at is whether Shareasale has affiliates that would promote you if you are there, if there are additional tools your affiliates can be taking advantage of, and if the affiliates on Shareasale are "cleaner" than the ones on the other networks.

If you are adding a network just to recruit, first you need to look at your existing affiliates on your current networks and see if the Shareasale affiliates are going to avoid you because of what is already in your program. Recruiting via a network can only be done if you have many other factors in place.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Thanks for the replies. Any and all info is greatly appreciated!

Affiliate Manager FriendlyPlanetTravel's Avatar
    You will find that SAS affiliates will generate about as many sales that CJ affiliates do. Only thing is, make sure you code properly, as there use to be (is) a potential for a sale to be double credited (to a cj affiliate as well as a sas affiliate)

Also SAS is inexpensive compared to CJ.

Great input. Please keep it coming!

Outsourced Program Manager
    From an affiliate manager's perspective who has managed programs in 5 networks:

ShareASale's interface is the easiest to use, and does a good job of keeping out parasiteware (notwithstanding the toolbar issue that I do not allow in my programs).

CJ's interface is richer in information, can handle huge volumes, but the system is less reliable. Parasites are a big problem.

LinkShare's system is a bit cumbersome.

Google Affiliate Network's interface is slow, not very intuitive, and needs work (which apparently they are doing, as it is often unavailable due to maintenance/programming). They heavily promote parasites, too.

Affiliate Future is easy to use and works smoothly, though it has little info.

I hear good things about AvantLink (but I have not yet had the opportunity to manage a program in there) I am told it is now the best in terms of keeping out parasiteware.
    Jack Kotowski Certified Affiliate Manager OPM/Agency - program details: ABestWeb Forum of JackMarketing
    Managing affiliate programs since 1997 | Google Profile - JackMarketing
    Built Zappos.com to #1!! JackMarketing on Twitter and other social media networks Inquiries: www.JackMarketing.com

As a affiliate I would not recommend LinkShare, but that is just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by kse
    As a affiliate I would not recommend LinkShare, but that is just my opinion.
    LinkShare has exclusivity agreements, so you cannot have an affiliate program in LinkShare as well as another network at the same time.

You Have To Choose ...
    Whether you want to make a profit or spin your wheels.

Shareasale has some very strong points and some very weak ones too.

Payments are like clockwork ... THE BEST.
    Easy to deal with system - more or less ... Good.

Allows toolbars ... BAD

They spend too much time spinning their wheels doing
    silly stuff than fixing problems ... If it was not invented
    by Brian it's no good ... BAD

They do not listen too well to affiliates ... BAD

But compared to CJ and Linkshare you would be braindead not to
    go with them to host your affiliate program.

There are no free lunches in AM, but SAS offers good value.

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by net4biz
    They do not listen too well to affiliates ... BAD
    They listen to affiliates a heck of a lot more than the other networks do. They are *very* affiliate centric.

And as far as the toolbar issue, as a merchant you get to choose who you let into your program and the "sleaze" factor is much less at Shareasale. Affiliates can join CJ with *no* website and *no* screening. When I moved a large program from CJ to SAS I had to tell Shareasale that some of my affiliates were ok, they didn't pass SAS initial screening even though they were good affiliates. So SAS errs on the side of caution more than not.

And when a "bad" affiliate gets by, or a formerly "good" affiliate does not so good things, Shareasale does take action.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

ABW Ambassador Stephanie Lichtenstein's Avatar
    ShareASale is a network you can trust. We have managed all size affiliate programs on their network and they have done very well.
    @MicroSteph | Stephanie Lichtenstein
    President of Micro Media Marketing
    Outsourced Social Media Management
    Get Connected: LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | AIM: AffiliateLady | Skype: StephanieLichtenstein

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    They listen to affiliates a heck of a lot more than the other networks do. They are *very* affiliate centric.

And as far as the toolbar issue, as a merchant you get to choose who you let into your program and the "sleaze" factor is much less at Shareasale. Affiliates can join CJ with *no* website and *no* screening. When I moved a large program from CJ to SAS I had to tell Shareasale that some of my affiliates were ok, they didn't pass SAS initial screening even though they were good affiliates. So SAS errs on the side of caution more than not.

And when a "bad" affiliate gets by, or a formerly "good" affiliate does not so good things, Shareasale does take action.
    While I'm fully aware that CJ doesn't require a website or do any sort of decent screening on affiliates, I can say that I joined SAS with an under construction, mostly dead website (with whois that didn't match my signup) and was never verified by anyone over there.

Only places that have ever verified me are CPA networks. The traditional networks really need to step up their game in screening new affiliates.

Outsourced Program Manager Angel Djambazov's Avatar
    I manage both Jones Soda and Keen Footwear's affiliate programs through ShareASale. Both are large companies. We picked SAS on purpose because of the flexibility and dedication of the network team there. I think they are easily the most cohesive network team in the industry which makes working with them from a merchant perspective very easy.
    Angel Djambazov
    Managing Edtior ReveNews
    OPM for Keen Shoes and Graphicly.com

Great posts. Thanks for sharing your insight. I will add that SAS charges $565 plus $100 to total $665 for initial set up costs.

How much $ is needed to be held in your account? I've heard with CJ it is much more, Im thinking about moving a store to SAS

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Joshua,

That actually suprises me with the application as we usually err on the side of not letting a site in.

If you are interested in helping me - i'd love to learn the details of your application so I can review with my team if there was a mistake or wrong judgement made... It won't change your account just help me figure out what went wrong.

If interested just email me brian@ ... thanks!
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Outsourced Program Manager RogerSnow's Avatar
    We manage small, medium and large companies in ShareaSale. We are very pleased with what they offer and the overall performance of each program. They are comparable to CJ, Linkshare, Pepper Jam and Google in some areas, and better in others. The days of ShareaSale being considered 2nd tier are gone. What we like the most is that they have a great reputation with affiliate partners and a team of professionals to help at any time. Do not hesitate to launch your affiliate program with them.
    Roger Snow | Team Manager | Snow Consulting, Inc.
    email: info AT snow-consulting.com | View Our Clients & Affiliate Blogs | MSN: ramschamps@hotmail.com | AIM: RogerColorGuy | GoogleTalk: snowconsulting9 | Skype: snowconsulting

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread